We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:42

ZeroJones wrote:
Alola to Jay and his Rowlet! Wave Have you got a naming convention, sir?

Street Fighter and Overwatch characters thus far - I expect it to extend to fighting games as a whole as I catch more 'Mon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:45

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 E68
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:49

Wahey! Laughing

I went for Nash for my Rowlet in the end as his Leafage attack reminded me of a Sonic Boom.

One thing I'm struggling to come to terms with is that the only free time I'm getting to play this is after work at night, so seeing this lush island paradise in the dark feels a bit off. Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 6:24

I know what you mean: I get an hour or so of in-game daylight on a weekday before it darkness descends. We should have got Moon. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 8:35

Dance

EDIT: This is a thing and it is great (v. v. early game relevance).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:23

ZeroJones wrote:
I've gone and spoilered up your Totem fight description there, Athers, old chum. Thumbs Up!

And I've gone and given it, shall we say a more... Fitting title.  

I don't care what anybody says, Wishiwashi is the single best Pokemon to grace us this generation!!

Fourth Island BEGIN!  Team has seen a bit of a change-up during the journey:

King'O Thorn (Toxapex)

This thing will never die.  Seriously, anybody look at its stats and moves and ability?  It's like a far more obnoxious Ferrothorn that trades in the ability to set hazards for the ability to never die.  And it's based on the best starfish ever, the evil tyrant of the ocean, the Crown of Thorn starfish!

Slimer  (Alolan Grimer)

Yep, this guy is still a grimer.  He's been trying to evolve for a few levels now but I just can't let him!  Eviolite gives him bulk to minimize, from there he also refuses to die, albiet for entirely different reasons to King'O Thorn.

Orbs'O Steel (Magneton)

Finally had to evolve the guy, he was getting two shot by darn near everything during the last story section.  "When three Magnemite link together, their brains also become one. They do not become three times more intelligent."

Best Pokedex entry?  Best Pokedex entry.  

Mimikyu (Mimikyu)

Anybody that's seen this thing knows why it's on the team.  It's also unstoppable, guaranteed Swords Dance in to Play Rough or Shadow Claw for near-perfect coverage, its lower than average attack stat prevents it from being too OP, this little adorable guy is usually the revenger of the team brought out when the enemies get serious.  

Schooler (God Incarnate, aka Wishiwashi)

Anybody who has had so much as a passing glance at my previous posts knows exactly why this, the single greatest Pokemon of all time, is on the team.  

Goliosopod (Goliosopod)

Big edgy thing, probably the most badass bug type in the franchise.  Alas it might get dumped as there are simply so many Pokemon I want on the squad and this guys ability prevents it from really doing any heavy lifting. I foresee Bouncee getting a recall to the Test Side soon.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 19:48

In training for the final challenge of the second island, another Pokémon fell.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:45

I saw

Pokémon name:

today and that is without doubt the scariest Pokémon I have ever seen. Just the right combination of things to put the willies up me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 0:19

I've cleared the first trial - I'm moving at a very leisurely pace but I'm really enjoying this. I'm trying to stick to either new 'Mon or Alolan forms, but I've swapped in a couple of my favourites who've popped up along the way. My current team:

Spoiler:

Also, I love Team Skull. They're genuinely making me laugh, which is rare for a Pokémon game.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 8:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
I saw

Pokémon name:

today and that is without doubt the scariest Pokémon I have ever seen. Just the right combination of things to put the willies up me.

You will be unsurprised to learn that I really like that design. Grin
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 13:13

My eyes! My eyes, how they bleed! Spoiler boxes everywhere!

Not nearly as painful as what the fourth Kahuna did to my team mind you! Their lead just so happens to hit the entire squad barring Schooler for STAB super effective damage thanks to its typing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 19:56

I've somehow found myself shiny hunting, only on the 3rd island as well so won't be completing anytime soon. I feel I'm ready to call this my favourite Pokemon game though, I feel they've captured the whole theme of the region really well and there's a great mix between challenge and easy filler bits to stop becoming bored/frustrated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 13:31

Time for a (Lillip)update, I reckon! Grin

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 18:04

It's not a chuffing Cottonee for one thing. Tongue But no, I think you've got a solid team there my man. I do think it's a shame that the Nuzlocke rules have stopped you from playing with the new monsters as much as you might do (only the one in there), but still looks good!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 18:23

Cottonee isn't so bad, though I would have preferred to be able to carry on with my former Fomantis. And...

Nuzlocke Zero Episode 5: The Nightmare Happens! (third island plot):

In other news, I've massively broken Nuzlocke rules to catch a 'mon in an area I've already mined for Jo. I wanted to do something positive! Winky Face I am really rather enjoying being her Pokémon caddy. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 22:54

Nuzlockes are full of heartbreaking moments, but it's all worth it if you can pull out a win. Thumbs Up!

I've made more progress!

Update:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 7:35

Nuzlockes are worth it for the heartbreak alone!  No mere normal Pokemon run can elicit feelings remotely like a Nuzlocke.  Nor push one to their limits.  A person doesn't often learn their limits until they're pushed to them.  Nuzlockes are love, nuzlockes are life!

And very sorry to hear about that latest casualty Zero, moments like that are one of the perks of nuzlocking a blind generation though!

The finale looms, and I'm officially highly underleveled.  All of my team sits at the 49-50 range and were outstripped by the last story battle.  So you know what?  I'm charging right in to the final trial!  Screw the levels, I have two gods!  I will however be EV training one god beforehand, need some kind of ace in the hole.  

One way or another, this ends tonight!  Solgaleo, Schooler, Ginyu (Minior), Orb'o Steel (Magnezone), Mimikyu, and Slimer (Muk), tonight they will ascend!

----------

Oh god, a horrid thought just occurred to me.  They're going to

Final showdown beginning spoilers:
aren't they!  No, no, NO!  If they do that this game gets an instant zero!

I want to believe they won't do that, but, well, this is modern Pokemon.  My fingers have never been crossed harder, hoping something else is in store.  

----------

AAARGH.  You know when you've typed something, then go on to type something else entirely and accidently hit control plus another key and leave the page, losing all the extra text?  Yeah.  Gotta love how Google made going back a page harder when the old backspace worked fine, but control plus another key which is incredibly easy to press when typing fast will still open a bookmark page and lose all your progress.  So enjoy an ultra TLDR where reasons are made in a review instead!

Team Skull leader best team leader of all time, Skull best team, Kahuna battle best boss battle theme of the franchise, and Spoiler best rival.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 9:30

Athrun888 wrote:
perks

Eh?

Anyway fortunately that thing in your spoiler box isn't the case, that would have been terrible.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:09

I didn't play as much as I expected this past week. I was visiting family and, in the brief moments I was left alone or travelling there and back, I was too engrossed by Harry Potter to get my 3DS out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:32

It's official.  I despise Hau.  Under that smile is a conniving self-centred little s***.  Every time he opened his mouth in the epilogue I just wanted to smack him in the face.  
Spoiler:
 Please just do everyone a favour Hau and go away.  I get the archetype they were going for with Hau, the problem is it's always a fine line between a amusing exuberant bag of fun and an irritating idiot.

On the bright side the Elite Four was great.  Much MUCH better than XY's and the Hoenn remake.  I actually had to try, and I suspect if I'd been nuzlocking the game they would've been extremely tough.  And that final battle theme, dear lord has there ever been such a good battle theme in the series?  Besides perhaps Zinnia I think not.  Perhaps even better than that, it was just so beautifully ... "Pokemon".  And the Elite fours theme itself was intense as hell.  Very fitting, especially the fight against

Boss spoilers:

Speaking of that fight, I will say I enjoyed that each of the squad got their moment to shine in this elite four.  

Other things I loved about the game:
Spoilers up to the beginning of the fourth island:
the attempt and actual effort in the presentation, the homies TEAM SKULL, the music, and the return of quality design to enemy teams and AI.  These scratched an itch I've had since Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, but better than anything I suspect genius sonority would have come up with.

10/10, best Pokemon games in almost a decade (maybe even longer), looking forward to eventually Nuzlocking Moon!  Only cons: Hau, severe framerate drops at times.

Stay tuned for my top ten Pokemon Sun and Moon themes, coming to the Nintendo music thread January the 12th!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:37

...2018. Razz
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 20:09

Thought I'd pop in and say my Dex is currently sitting at 89%

*leaves to catch more Pokémon*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 19:06

One for Rum, Athers, and Shanks:

Post-game content and Bravely-series spoilers-ish:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 11:26

Oh I've already got a good idea what my top ten list is going to be, and I'll be prepping it well before january. No long delays on this one! Just a grace period for everyone to finish at their own pace!

Bravely Second/Island Four spoilers:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 21:34

So I'm all done bar maybe trying to find a couple more shinnies I wouldn't mind.

As for the Spoiler..

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next