We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)

Go down 
+9
shanks
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 8:19

If you require DF to tell you that, it's not a big deal apart from to the 1080p obsessives.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 10:16

I was just passing on maybe the best comparison.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 10:33

It clearly, to the naked eye, looks a lot cleaner and nicer than the original. It still has the same artstyle, which because it is a bit vague and varies from realistic to cartoony isn't as good as the games either side of it, but it does look good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 10:48

The mirrored bit at the beginning of the video made me queasy. No

Officially won't be getting it - I'm still playing it right now

Zero's TP progress:

and am going to put my cash of the month of March towards Pokkén Tournament. Not that TPHD won't be brilliant, you understand. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 14:09

Drunkalilly wrote:
It clearly, to the naked eye, looks a lot cleaner and nicer than the original. It still has the same artstyle, which because it is a bit vague and varies from realistic to cartoony isn't as good as the games either side of it, but it does look good.

At the time I liked the realistic art-style and the tech demo we had of Zelda when the Wii U was first show at E3.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 17:31

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon yesterday. They've got the standard version for £40, or you can buy the limited edition with the Wolf Link amiibo and a CD for £42 which is a pretty good deal I reckon if you want the amiibo too. You can get both here.

It's been around 7 or so years since I've played this all the way through, and it is one of my favourite Zelda games having finished it 3 times. The only thing I hated was collecting those bloody light things. That was worse than the Triforce search in WW.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 17:36

Well you're in luck; they've cut down the number of tears for this version.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 20:33

Thank goodness for that. I just felt it detracted far too much from the game.
I'm getting more excited about this as the days go on, especially since there's only a week between that and Pokemon coming out on the VC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 20:49

(glassy-eyed stare)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 12:01

I can't be the only one who isn't happy about them being removed? Then again I was unhappy they cut down the triforce hunt in Wind Waker HD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 21:02

This came out today! My copy arrived while I was out and I need to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 21:37

Sorry Drunka Aww! . To make matters worse for you, I've got mine, but I'm not playing it 'cause I'm absolutely laid out with the fevers at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 22:56

I have to go pick my copy up, but at the moment I just can not be bothered jumping in the car and going
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 9:24

Started this last night, got about 3hrs in which has took me to the forest temple.

That it's just getting going.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 10:46

Yeah I'm at the same point, just got to the Forrest temple
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 11:04

That's exactly why I don't want to replay TP

3 hours to start the game Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Mar 2016 - 22:09

I think I'm in a minority, but I love the opening to TP. And Twilight Princess in general! It hasn't aged as well as WW or SS, even upresed, but it does have a beauty of its own. And the slow, melancholic, nostalgic opening really makes me believe Link likes his simple village life, and has something worth fighting for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 16:12

I did the forest temple which is a great temple,

I don't dislike the start but needs to be slightly shorter then ohh you've only done one temple and your 4hrs odd in.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 16:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think I'm in a minority, but I love the opening to TP. And Twilight Princess in general! It hasn't aged as well as WW or SS, even upresed, but it does have a beauty of its own. And the slow, melancholic, nostalgic opening really makes me believe Link likes his simple village life, and has something worth fighting for.

It does, but it's not very fun, and you could achieve the same in much less than 3 hours. You can watch an entire film of character development in that time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 17:15

I like the fact that games can be a little slower, you can just get to love the world as well as the character. Films can't afford to spend 3 hours doing that as they don't have that long Laughing

Not saying all games should be slow starters, but especially in an age with hundreds of indies that last that long it can be a nice break.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 17:40

If I remember correctly, Zero might be able to remind us but isn't TP to long in general and is a 25hr game padded out to be 40hrs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 18:34

Drunkalilly wrote:

I'm in the same boat as Drunka. I love the opening to Twilight Princess. It's part of the reason why I still have fond memories of playing it - it's that nostalgia factor that's key to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 19:41

masofdas wrote:
If I remember correctly, Zero might be able to remind us but isn't TP to long in general and is a 25hr game padded out to be 40hrs.

My playthrough nudged 50 hours, if I remember rightly.

As for the slow start - it might not be what you expect of a Zelda game, and it could do without the ruddy fishing

DIGRESSION ALERT: Almost legally bound to mention the ruddy fishing whenever I can - I only worked out how to do it when I was catching the final must-get fish. DAMN YOU!

but it's always good for the development team to try new things. As has been mentioned, the story has a more epic sweep than most Zelda games and the set-up is a big part of that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 22:06

I thought it was fun. Anyway, I've not gotten very far because I'm exploring absolutely everything at a very leisurely pace.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 1:05

I don't remember the start being as slow as it is, I played through it twice on Wii and never noticed. It's not to say it's bad but I mainly remember later moments in the game and it's making me a bit techie to get going properly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next