We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)

Go down 
+13
ThorOfAsgard
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
masofdas
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 12:24

Guilty on all counts for the Twitter stuff. Grin It all depends how the Toads are used in game - are they permanent companions with repeat-use skills, or one-off environmental elements to be activated? Whatever the case, I'm with EofGizmo: they look fun. Thumbs Up!

Also, props to Not-Paper Balla for not using maggot'n'dog anus imagery. Cool
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 12:30

I'm still hoping that's in the RTSB somewhere. Perhaps at the back end of it. Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Aug 2016 - 3:08

Ack I'm genuinely starting to really like the look of this now, cue eventual disappointment when I waste £40 on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 11:39

Balladeer wrote:
I'm still hoping that's in the RTSB somewhere.  Perhaps at the back end of it. Tongue

Yay!

Right let's talk this.  They've just released a showcase video and I have to say that it looks much, much better than Sticker Star.  Actually interesting locales and secrets.  And it's been mentioned in a preview that there's now an actual point to battling (boosting your paint supply) - a big problem from the original.

There's also clear evidence of a lack of any non-NSMB enemies (the dragon from Captain Toad's there, but still: absolutely no room for original characters bar Huey here), the return of the Koopalings, and Bowser being the main villain again.  That was the biggest problem in M&LPJB.  And there's still a level select, thankfully absent from PJB.  So I'm still not interested and the thread title stays - but some might be more keen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 12:05

I'm now 100% getting this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 13:22

I may yet cancel my pre-order but not because I don't want to play it - it'll be because I'll have too many games coming in at once to play. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 16:33

This has gone from game I don't care about to game I'll regret never getting around to playing. So that's something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 12:42

Paper Mario: Colour Splash ACQUIRE! My opinions are coming soon - but has anyone else lumped on with what may well be the last Wii U exclusive?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:00

Not me, looking forward to seeing everyones thoughts but I was far too badly burnt by Sticker Star and I don't think they've distanced themselves enough from it to take the plunge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:01

I hope it collapses into a grisly inky heap. Harrumph.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:45

79 on metacritic for you naysayers

General consensus seems to be that this is a good game Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:55

But 75 for Sticker Star and that's about a 30%
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 13:56

Still hope it collapses, sadly that seems to be the only way we'll get another game in the series like TTYD. It'll be good for us all in the long run.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 20:26

I would pick up, if I could find time to play it but with Gears 4 now here along with things to go back to like Forza Horizon 3 then on Thursday PSVR lands. It wouldn't get played, only thing is if it flops which is likely will that be it for Paper Mario for a long while or will Nintendo just go well its on Wii U.

I could see it going on my xmas list (only 78 days to go.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 8:17

Just played a tiny slice of the game... and laughed out loud a couple of times, rushing to post the most hilarious things on Miiverse (as I mentioned on the first such post, I'm going to be Miiverse-spamming the heck out of this one). I've often said that I dread reading the phrase "genuinely funny" in game reviews because humour is so subjective; all I can say is that I am finding it funny. Combat uses cards and I did kind of feel removed from it - even more than normal for turn-based RPG combat, Jas Winky Face - but I'm going to give it time. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 19:52

I've been glued to this game today.

It is rather good. Its world simply feels *designed*, each and every location feels like its own distinct place with some sort of mystery to solve or event waiting to happen, but the locations are also connected by those events, or NPCs, or abilities that you might happen to pick up.

I've been impressed at how much of an identity the world has, moreso coming from the last two Mario & Luigi games.

But yeah, all that stuff gives the game this flow that makes it quite difficult to put down. Shame the combat is a bit pants. I love using the touchscreen to pick and sort cards, but I don't like how pretty much every battle boils down to picking the best card for the job and nothing more. It feels a bit superficial when you know you can easily buy more cards or refill your paint.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 20:23

Your updates on Twitter have been making me want it more and more, if I had the money I would have bought it already. Didn't really get along with Sticker Star, not because I thought it was bad but because it bored me, Colour Splash seems like it's had a lot more care and attention though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 20:05

Balladeer wrote:
Still hope it collapses, sadly that seems to be the only way we'll get another game in the series like TTYD.  It'll be good for us all in the long run.

I hate this reasoning - it's the same reasoning used by people who were made about Dante's redesign in DmC. If this game collapses, then they just won't make any more Paper Mario games. Fair enough if you don't want to buy the game yourself, but it's not good for the series in the long run if it flops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 20:42

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to object to be honest! Laughing It is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but I'll detail what I mean when I'm not a shivering wreck. I'm glad people are enjoying it though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 20:57

This seems destined to collapse though - as well as being exclusively released on hardware that's been in decline for over two years now, it's a sequel to a game that was almost universally reviled. It's pretty severe when Wii U owners aren't wanting to buy this, considering how starved for choice that they've been this year.

Anyway, I bought this, and I've got to say that I'm not all that happy with it. I've not seen or played enough to know about the puzzle-solving or RPG elements, but I'm already bored of the combat just two hours in. Intelligent Systems needed to jazz up that battle system but instead they've just added more padding to it. It's getting annoying already. The script is clever, but - like Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario before it - it just never seems to shut up. You can't paint a Toad without having to mash through about ten pages of dialogue. Nut.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2016 - 9:57

I've just picked this up today and what I've played so far I've liked but one thing I will agree on is the dialog does seem to go on for ever
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2016 - 21:00

Cappa makes a good point actually: even if it did fail, that'd be (correctly) attributed to the fact that of the half-dozen people in the UK with a Wii U, one turns his on any more - because his dog brushed the power button, I wouldn't wonder.

And I don't just want it to fail out of spite.  There's a specific reason I want it to... well, not do terribly well, shall we say.  Recoup costs but not blow everyone out of the water, shall we say.  You know what that is. I don't think they'll stop making Paper Mario games altogether, even after similarly floppish entires in the Starfox series they came back to it eventually, but that's genuinely the only way I see us getting another TTYD-style Paper Mario game.

It is quite clear from the words used by the Nintendo reps., and from the fact that this is the second Sticker Star-style title, that the Paper Mario series is going down the 'adventure game' route.  Good-bye exp., continuous world, and non-NSMB characters, for ever and ever, as things stand.  After all, they say, we still have the Mario & Luigi series for those who want proper RPGs!  Except none of the M&L games have come close to getting the level of quality and hardcore fan appeal that TTYD did (maybe Superstar Saga at launch).  

Nintendo does not listen to fans much - which is fair enough, most fans are bloody stupid, and I don't necessarily exclude myself.  The only way I can see them listening is if they're told that people do not want such games in cold monetary terms.  We're often told to 'vote with your wallet', and like in any election, I can only cast my vote and hope that other people do likewise.  And if 'wanting PMCS to fail' is a nasty way of putting that... then yes fair enough, I've not been on top of my game recently and could probably have phrased that better. Embarrassed

The only other possibility I can see is that at some point TTYD gets an HD remake, in which case I'll be hopping on that bandwagon and driving it INTO SPACE.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 20:59

To anybody playing: where in the buggery is the Postal Toad? I'm completely stuck. I've looked all over the levels, I've read online guides and I've watched Let's Plays, and I've got no idea what's going on or where to find it. The Café Toad just says "Postal Toad MIA, I hope somebody hasn't thrown him in the bin like chewing gum', or something. Have I missed something?

I'm starting to think that this is the second Paper Mario game I've bought that's glitched. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2016 - 10:25

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/187636-paper-mario-color-splash/answers/442153-post-office-toad
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2016 - 18:59

I'm feeling my way into the game in the time allowed me in the moments I can escape my Phoenix Wright addiction. It's certainly bright and breezy, and demands that I sit down and spend some time with it. Sporky's glowing Twecommendations - and post in this very thread! - mean that you have to sit up and take notice. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)   Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paper Mario Colour Splash (Jackson B*ll*cks)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next