We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
+13
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
gjones
shanks
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 16:45

Ragnarok was still really good when I rewatched it prior to Infinity War with my brother. It's just a well-made comedy and holds up to repeat viewings in my book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 22:35

I did enjoy Raggers, and I don't think that'll ever change. I wouldn't call it a banger but I reckon I suffer from "there are too many superhero films" syndrome so your mileage will vary.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 2:53

I think whether it's worth a rewatch depends on how well you remember the jokes. If it's mostly faded from your mind it's worth a rewatch since you'll likely find a lot of the jokes land. If not then it'll probably be less funny (not not funny, just less funny), but still likely worth at least a rewatch.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 13:54

Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor Ragnarok are easily the two best MCU films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:07

I seem to have fonder memories of GotG2 than most of you. I remember it more as a tragedy than a comedy to be honest, what with the villain and all. Whoever called it Starlord the Film isn't wrong though.

Ragnarok is top, but be warned: I also enjoyed Thor 2. Whistle
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 23:53

Athrun888 wrote:
I think whether it's worth a rewatch depends on how well you remember the jokes.  If it's mostly faded from your mind it's worth a rewatch since you'll likely find a lot of the jokes land.  If not then it'll probably be less funny (not not funny, just less funny), but still likely worth at least a rewatch.  

The same could be said of any comedy, really. And Ragnarok is definitely a comedy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 22:43

Watched Bad Times at the El Royale which has a great cast and I did enjoy it but it's very Tarantino-esque which might put some of you off or get some of you to watch it.

I also watched today Academy Award Winner AKA Captain Marvel Brie Larsson's directorial debut Unicorn Store, which is very much in that garden state, 500 days of summer, eternal sunshine, lost in translation sort of vibe but with a female lead and less romance.

Very much mas films.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 20:11

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 5c2

(I love JonTron reaction .gifs: I really wish he hadn't turned out to be such a nutjob.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 20:14

It looks so bad that I want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyWed 1 May 2019 - 5:31

Yeah I'm honestly so excited about the Sonic movie. Lots of people are saying Pokemon has finally broken the videogame movie adaptation curse, but Sonic looks like a glorious throwback to the Super Mario Brothers movie brand of absolute, irrelevant crap. Why Gangster's Paradise? Why is he so naked? Why are James Marsden and Jim Carrey involved with this? Why is it so clearly set on Earth? I love it!

In more exciting news, I bought my Detective Pikachu tickets this morning. Two days!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyWed 1 May 2019 - 21:09

I see what you both mean. Might be one to watch at home after several gins.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 1:00

I'd say it was perfect gnamer meet up material!

Also, as I saw someone on Twitter mention, it does seem as though they've uncorked classic Jim Carrey for this.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 5:44

Absolutely horrifying, nightmare fuel doesn't even begin to describe how awful that Sonic looks.  

Humour looks so awful it twists right back around to being amazing though, and Jim Carey is knocking it out of the park.  Alas you just know he'll have ten minutes of screen time at most with Nightmare the Furryhog receiving almost all the rest of the screentime. or worse yet, the humans will get most of the screentime in what I will now coin as Transformeritis Syndrome. The "Normal Human" characters in these sorts of movies are always the worst aspects, like a dry lettuce salad next to your quarter pounder.

I'll be keeping my eyes on that just because it looks so bad it might end up being ironically one of the best films of the decade. I won't lie and say I didn't enjoy the trailer, unlike most of the internet I did actually enjoy what we saw (besides the mocap CGI abomination that makes those "real Pokemon" drawings look adorable in comparison).  At worst it'll still be a better film than The Last Jedi at least!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 10:05

I'm always a fan of less humans and more robots. These cgi characters cost a lot of money though. All the more reason to bring back animatronics!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 18:46

Athrun888 wrote:
or worse yet, the humans will get most of the screentime in what I will now coin as Transformeritis Syndrome.  The "Normal Human" characters in these sorts of movies are always the worst aspects, like a dry lettuce salad next to your quarter pounder.

Can't wait for that romance subplot! Thumbs Up! At least it hopefully won't be Sonic and the female lead this time...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 May 2019 - 21:58

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd say it was perfect gnamer meet up material!

That is actually a solid idea. Grin

I'm in the same boat as Drunka in thinking this looks the sort of shite fun you'd get out of watching the Mario movie or the Mortal Kombat movie. Sonic looks hideous and Jim Carrey seems to be on top form. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyFri 3 May 2019 - 20:23

Don't bring the MK movie into this, that is a BANGER!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 7:56

Rewatched the first Avengers, aged like fine wine. Almost a decade and it's still a damn good afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 8:05

As I remember it, it's an incredibly fun romp but once the Avengers are all in play and working as a team, the lack of tension made it a bit flat. Still entertaining, particularly that first time in the cinema. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the little "Call it, Cap" scene.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 17:01

I'd agree with Drunka, having watched it for the second time recently. The final battle is a big fat disappointment, but the rest is good stuff.

They're going to redesign Sonic. Apart from the problems this causes for the animators if they keep the deadline where it is, I worry this'll reduce the 'so bad it's good' potential of the film.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptySun 5 May 2019 - 17:12

There's a big cynical conspiratorial part of me that thinks they did this as a publicity stunt and already had a redesign underway. That turnaround was real fast . . .
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyMon 6 May 2019 - 3:10

I actually liked the big fight at the end for the most part. Dragged out for perhaps ten minutes longer than it should, but I liked the teamwork going on in the choreography. The Helicarrier was the highlight of the movie though, lots of great tension in that entire sequence.

It was interesting seeing how they were clearly setting up Thanos to be more like he is in the comics, what with the line of courting death which doesn't come up even once in IW. Can't help but wonder what the movie would've been like if his motivations had still been courting Death in IW.

I'm not too worried about the Sonic redesign myself, it's sonic. They're bound to f*** it up somehow, that's basically the franchise's MO.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyMon 6 May 2019 - 4:50

Athrun888 wrote:
I actually liked the big fight at the end for the most part.  Dragged out for perhaps ten minutes longer than it should, but I liked the teamwork going on in the choreography.  The Helicarrier was the highlight of the movie though, lots of great tension in that entire sequence.
I didn't dislike the fight, I definitely enjoy all the things you mention, but by that point in the film the Avengers are just this outrageously powerful so it doesn't like a fight or a tense action scene, it's just some cool superheroes showing off. It actually probably works better as act one of a series than as the final act of an individual story.

Quote :
It was interesting seeing how they were clearly setting up Thanos to be more like he is in the comics, what with the line of courting death which doesn't come up even once in IW.  Can't help but wonder what the movie would've been like if his motivations had still been courting Death in IW.  
I definitely got a big kick out of that post credits scene and the line, but I'm glad they went for the alternative angle they did. Part of why Infinity War was able to work despite having so many disparate characters was that Thanos was, for all intents and purposes, the protagonist of that film. If he was any less compelling it would have been a weird watch.

Quote :
I'm not too worried about the Sonic redesign myself, it's sonic.  They're bound to f*** it up somehow, that's basically the franchise's MO.
Yeah, I saw something that made me chuckle where they had Sonic Team calling the movie producers cowards for listening to fans.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 20:52

Drunkalilly wrote:
It actually probably works better as act one of a series than as the final act of an individual story.

That's bang on. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 May 2019 - 9:37

Anyway I watched a movie called BumbleBee and it is easily the best Transformers movie and maybe best based on a toy as well.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Wed 15 May 2019 - 0:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing to remove Game of Thrones chatter)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 21 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next