Please go vote in the 2019 Annual Awards! We've only had one voting thread all decade...

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 16:19

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 9k=
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 9:17

Ha!  Your meme is useless against me!  I activate my trap card: Lack of Useless Knowledge!  It allows me to bypass whatever barbs your meme has and replace them with several of my own!

Also 2019 was a s*** year for movies and the only people that liked it lack the brain capacity for critical thinking and analysis. I would say "change my mind", but that would require others to have the actual ability to formulate arguments and articulate themselves.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 12:10

Bit much.

I don't know about Joker, and ain't fussed about it either way. I'm just guessing that if the podcast is making fun of Joker fans, it means white supremacist asshats.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 15:03

When you get called whatever "ist's" User Who Shall Not Be Named threw out because I dared to say a movie is garbage and provide extensive reasoning why, deal with constant passive-aggressive snipes, and have further attempts to reach some sort of understanding (for what is communication for besides understanding others) then maybe you can decide whether what I said is too much.  

As for me, I frankly do not give a shit any more.  People want brevity?  People don't want reasoning?  People either incapable or unwilling to have an actual discourse?  Fine.  You get me being a snarky asshole.  I'm done moderating myself and holding myself to values.  

Fucking hell I'm still explaining myself.  Pities sake.  No, screw it.  If my lack of tact upsets others then whatever.  Deal with it.

As for Joker I have quite literally never seen the mythical white supremacists that used or were expected to use the movie as a rallying cry.  Given the media's proclivity for acting as if white supremacy is all around us coupled with how little evidence I've seen to back up these claims I'm left to draw the only conclusion given the evidence.  That it's the typical autistic screeching from the media.  Certainly not the first time in recent times a myth was created to propagate a witch-hunt.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 15:31

Actually, to hell with it.  Might as well commit account suicide and end this.  New year, new decade, perfect time for starting afresh.  Do you know why I keep banging on about how shit the new Star Wars is?

It's simple.  What was once a fun, whimsical story of good defeating evil has become a story about the rise and fall of a psychopathic mass-murderer, and his son creating the next psychopathic mass-murderer before dying a pathetic coward.  His daughter going on to slave her life away, have all her work reduced to ash, and then dying, like her brother, as a complete and absolute failure.  

That is what the "Skywalker Saga" has become.  The story of a family of failures who achieve nothing and die pathetically while someone else comes in to clean up the mess.  And it gets even worse considering who Rey actually is.  

If you cannot see why that is fucking horrendous writing on every level, disrespectful of both the original work and everyone that likes them, and why this would make fans like myself actively angry, then, yes.  I stand by my earlier remarks.  You're either stupid or don't give a shit about Star Wars.  Or both.  

-------------------

There.  Much better.  Fuck tip-toeing around for the sake of manners and still being ridiculed and insulted.  Looking back the amount of times I've held my tongue, constantly moderated myself to avoid offending others, what was even the point?  This is something that has been growing for the better part of a decade.  And I am beyond through playing nice for the sake of trying to fit in in a place where I never will.  

Lets be real, I certainly won't be missed.  If you can't be yourself and be accepted then the "bonds" between you and others were worthless to begin with.  Never fit in, never accepted, never invited.  Just the unwelcome tagalong from Australia disrupting the circle-jerk.  

Well this tagalong is doing what I'm sure you all want.  This is me fucking off for the last time.  For this is my New Years Resolution: Leave and never return.  "Let the past die.  Kill it if you have to."  So this is me, incinerating the last remnants of the bridge and moving on.  Fare well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 20:02

It's only a film mate

EDIT: My actual feelings about Star Wars: I don't think I disagree. It used to be a fun trilogy of movies about some cool things in space, where there were goodies and baddies and stuff. But the prequels were a bit of a mess (that's always the case when you know how they are going to end) and they probably shouldn't have brought it back as they thought they should be a bit serious. Oh well; like the subsequent series of Red Dwarf after VI, just accept them as an overreaching misstep, and take the original things as a separate Venn Diagram.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2020 - 10:20

It's always sad to see forumites leaving, but I think given the way Athrun's thinking it's probably the right course of action in this case. Hopefully he'll clear his head, realise 'it's only a film mate', and come back at some point.

Anyway! Plan is for me to see The Rise of Skywalker on Saturday. I'll let you know my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:53

I saw it. It was good fun! I'm nowhere near as invested in the series as some, so I just liked the action and the Porg cameo and left The Lady to pick up the plotholes. Rey is a bit of a Mary Sue but she's not much worse than the heroes of the original trilogy, looking back on it. Star Wars is a big dumb space opera series and it finished with a big dumb space opera ending: I watched it with a bottle of wine and enjoyed it, so I'm fairly sure I was doing it right.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Greener
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 18:24

You mean you don't think it's a deliberate attack on the originals??? Are you mad!?

Nah I enjoyed it too. It got silly, possibly sillier than any star wars film to date, and aspects of it were bad. If the new trilogy has any faults its that they're too loyal to the prequel source material imo. That and it got bogged down in jedi sith shit by the end, which is always the worst thing about star wars this side of the trade federation.

Didn't like the final line, or the kiss, but I still enjoyed watching it. It'd be like a 2.5 star (of 5) for me. Bit of a disappointment but I had a nice day out with the lady.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 19:38

I don't think the originals were the second coming of Christ, having only watched IV near the time - maybe that's my 'problem'. But yep, in the end it's a nice evening out. Isn't that what matters?
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2020 - 23:42

What matters is that Kellie Marie Tran was harrassed off the internet by misogynists and racists and this film tacitly validated them.

What matters is that the previous film made actual brave statements - your lineage isn't important and anyone can be special / the military industrial complex is the real enemy and average people need to rise up because all war is bad - and this film cowardishly backtracked on those because the director is a hollywood stooge who only has his job from his parents and knows who keeps the film industry funded.

The sword fights were fun, there was some very cheap fanservice . . . But is that what "matters"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2020 - 5:10

Not going to say I agree with Athrun, someone already was dismissing some of the upcoming MCU films because heaven forbid a woman plays Thor.

But The Last Jedi was crap and this sequel trilogy hasn't been great. Doesn't mean I'm not going to see Knives Out, because it's Rian Johnson, as that looks good.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2020 - 5:31

masofdas wrote:
The Last Jedi was crap

This is your worst opinion yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Muss
Disciple of Greener
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2020 - 8:32

Drunkalilly wrote:
What matters is that Kellie Marie Tran was harrassed off the internet by misogynists and racists and this film tacitly validated them.

Yes, she had under 2 minutes of screen time in the cinematic cut. Disgraceful. Unless, of course, the actress didn't want much of a part? I have no idea if she did or not, but I imagine she did want a proper role.

It was definitely the worst out of all the new ones and had by far the worst plotting/direction.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2020 - 10:30

Jimbob wrote:
But the prequels were a bit of a mess (that's always the case when you know how they are going to end)

Not at all, there are loads of great prequels out there, and otherwise stories where you know how it will end before you get there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2020 - 7:22

Muss wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Yes, she had under 2 minutes of screen time in the cinematic cut. Disgraceful. Unless, of course, the actress didn't want much of a part? I have no idea if she did or not, but I imagine she did want a proper role.

It was definitely the worst out of all the new ones and had by far the worst plotting/direction.

Argh, called out! Yep that is definitely not good and definitely matters. It didn't impact my enjoyment of the film, but it probably should have done.

Drunkalilly wrote:
What matters is that the previous film made actual brave statements - your lineage isn't important and anyone can be special / the military industrial complex is the real enemy and average people need to rise up because all war is bad - and this film cowardishly backtracked on those because the director is a hollywood stooge who only has his job from his parents and knows who keeps the film industry funded.

This, on the other hand, not so much. I didn't get those statements from the previous film, possibly because I wasn't looking for them, probably because I don't expect Hollywood to hold itself to that sort of standard; so the take-back (apart from the very galling 'actually your parents do matter' bit) didn't hit me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore's Courage
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 15:33

I watched Us a few nights back. It was alright, but it couldn't hold a candle to Get Out in my book. The second half of the movie was a bit of a mess and I didn't feel the film came together in the same way that Get Out did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24