Paper Mario has a new course in Mario Kart 8. It's based on the A4.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 11:00

Watched Toy Story 4 the other night which was top-notch then on Netflix I watched Downsizing which I thought from trailers was a comedy as it showed the characters being small then a normal size vodka bottle look at how funny it is but none of that was in it.

Ended up being a different film then I though but was better for it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 14:24

Downsizing was social satire and I wasn't a big fan of it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 18:04

We watched Pacific Rim for the first time yesterday. For me, it was a bit of dumb fun, but I can imagine the Monster Hunter lads going absolutely bananas for it.

I hear that the sequel's dire in comparison. Can anyone confirm?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 20:39

Aye Pacific rim is fun stuff! Not watched the sequel either though I do have a habit of watching some really terrible films via netflix so if it's on there maybe I'll give it a go and then let ye's know.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 7:39

Thanking you kindly in advance Jas. (tips hat)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 10:55

Balladeer wrote:
We watched Pacific Rim for the first time yesterday.

https://player.fm/series/luke-and-matts-sci-fi-sanctuary/pacific-rim

Quote :
I hear that the sequel's dire in comparison.  Can anyone confirm?
It's still dumb fun. It doesn't have as much weight but it also has a lot more bright, daylight action that you can follow. I saw it in a cinema in Osaka so I have good memories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:08

Cheers for the summary boss. I did okay at following the night-time action! The Lady however lost count of the kaijus.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Overton
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 18:35

On my quest to own every Best Picture nominee, I've binged a few films recently:

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 91WPrudn6wL._RI_SX300_Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 61wn%2BFjt9DL._AC_SL1100_Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 The_Big_Short_%282015_film_poster%29Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 The_Post_%28film%29Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 1*msMLexYVsX-a48OhKSD8eg
Lady Bird (2017) is a really easy to watch coming-of-age film about a teenage lass and her typical emotional conflicts. It's about family, relationships and that period before you "leave the nest", but as far as a plot, it doesn't really have one. As it's only 90 minutes, it's definitely worth watching though, just for the lead actress Saoirse Ronan who is incredible. I don't know what it is, but there's something about her that reminds me of old Hollywood cinema - you can't stop watching her.

Julie & Julia (2009) is a true story about a 30-year old lady in New York fed up of her job, who decides to complete 500+ recipes from a famous cookbook on French cuisine. In one year. Again, this is all about how this affects Julie's life (she blogs about it and becomes semi-famous) but also how it parallels with Julia's life (the author) in the 1960s. It's decent, but it took me a while to adjust to Meryl Streep's goofy character.

The Big Short (2015) is quality. A film about a bunch of New York stockbrokers who take a gamble by predicting the housing market crash of 2008, and make billions of dollars off of it. It's also a true story, and although it is a bit confusing (they do break the fourth wall to explain terminology to the audience) it's got some great actors that carry what could have been a dry plot.

The Post (2017) is definitely my favourite of all of these - this is Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep playing Washington Post editors/owners during the Watergate scandal of the 1970s. It addresses America's battle with the media and free speech, and how they rode out the politics to publish secret government documents surrounding the reasons for the Vietnam War and why they continued to send troops to a lost "war". Definitely recommended.

Midnight Express (1978) - a little dated this one, but another true story that I enjoyed. This is about an American lad who got caught smuggling hash and was given 4 years in a Turkish prison. It goes into how different Turkey is to the US, but some of the mistreatment of prisoners is a tad ridiculous (and apparently something the producers regret) as it paints Turkey as a hellhole. When the American lad (Billy) finds out he's being made an example of, and has his sentence extended to a life sentence, it turns all Shawshank and is about his battle to escape. It's definitely worth a watch, but I think Shawshank improved on it in every way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 EmptyToday at 20:43

Watched three films recently

Birds of Prey, this is the best of the DCEU films with its Deadpool like vibe

Sonic the Hedgehog, actually a fun movie with Jim Carrey stealing the show

Peanut Butter Falcon, best "film" of the bunch which I'd recommend if you like things more like gJones post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25