Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Design the NX controller

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
Athrun888
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Design the NX controller Empty
PostSubject: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:45

Here's a fun game! Everyone design your version of the NX controller, be it genuine prediction, wishful thinking or pisstake.

I'll go first, with one of each. Well, I say that, but my prediction is the same as my hope:

It is obviously a hybrid:

"Joystick":
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:23

Using the advanced editing tool known as Microsoft Paint, I bring to you a very similar idea to Drunka.

The NX looks like your traditional handheld where the game cartridge will slot into the top etc
Design the NX controller Psvita11
but when you get home you use your dongle on your TV to continue your game on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:36

masofdas wrote:

but when you get home you use your dongle on your TV to continue your game on the big screen.

Drunka's already got a picture up for that. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:43

Hence why I don't have a picture, I'm just showing you the hybrid which you use.

My other idea was sort this but a newer version where you can slot the NX system into the headset.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:46

Penis jokes in the OP. Matthew Castle

I don't have access to MS Paint, so you're going to have to make do with the magic of Google Image Search!!!

Genuine Prediction:

Wishful Thinking:

Ha Ha Ha:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 22:57

Ah, Mr Iwata's Pull my finger. Now I'm sad about Iwata and NGamer, just from one picture.

masofdas wrote:
Hence why I don't have a picture, I'm just showing you the hybrid which you use.
He was making a dick joke, bud. "Dongle"

Quote :
My other idea was sort this but a newer version where you can slot the NX system into the headset.
I hadn't seen that video, that was quality! I do enjoy a bit of Keith.
On a more serious note, how hilarious would it be if the NX was a VR headset that Nintendo dropped at Christmas time for about £200 with a load of killer apps?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 9:08

My work of modern art

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:10

Looks like a tripe controller that would be designed by a tripe company. Nintendo aren't a tripe company, Athrun!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:35

First favourite
Balladeer wrote:
Penis jokes in the OP. Matthew Castle

I don't have access to MS Paint, so you're going to have to make do with the magic of Google Image Search!!!

Genuine Prediction:

Second favourite
Athrun888 wrote:
My work of modern art

Spoiler:
If it were more like the PS4 controller; I always felt like I was falling off the PS3 controller.

I'll come back later with the actual design that my Uncle who works at Nintendo showed me.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:54

Jimbob wrote:
First favourite

Thanks Jimbob, I spent a good while on it. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 11:04

Balladeer wrote:
Looks like a tripe controller that would be designed by a tripe company.  Nintendo aren't a tripe company, Athrun!

I think even the biggest Sony fan would admit that the ps3 controller was a load of shite.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 12:27

Nope! I legit love the dualshock 3, the l and r 2 triggers are absolutely horrid and pale imitations compared to the dualshock 2, but everything else is great. Love the shape, love the position of the two sticks, love the face button format and positioning, and if the d-pad was closer to the PSP 3000 (best d-pad ever) I'd love that too!

Dualshock is imo the best controller series in gaming, only behind the gamecube for my favourite controller ever!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 13:48

I've never liked having both analogue sticks at the bottom, but maybe if I'd played PS2 and PS3 as they released, I'd feel different. That said, playstation's d-pad can do one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 15:49

Athrun888 wrote:
Nope!  I legit love the dualshock 3, the l and r 2 triggers are absolutely horrid and pale imitations compared to the dualshock 2, but everything else is great.  Love the shape, love the position of the two sticks, love the face button format and positioning, and if the d-pad was closer to the PSP 3000 (best d-pad ever) I'd love that too!

Dualshock is imo the best controller series in gaming, only behind the gamecube for my favourite controller ever!

Perhaps "a load of shite" was a tad harsh as I think the positioning of everything is fine but for me the triggers curve the wrong way which leads to my fingers slipping off at the worst times and the loose analogue sticks let it down severely. Thankfully, the ps4 controller outclasses it in every department.

---

To get back on topic though I need to find a bit of time to doodle some NX controller ideas of my own.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 16:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
Ah, Mr Iwata's Pull my finger. Now I'm sad about Iwata and NGamer, just from one picture.

masofdas wrote:
He was making a dick joke, bud. "Dongle"

Quote :
I hadn't seen that video, that was quality! I do enjoy a bit of Keith.
On a more serious note, how hilarious would it be if the NX was a VR headset that Nintendo dropped at Christmas time for about £200 with a load of killer apps?

You definitely didn't want to see that picture then.

I can't see them doing a VR only system Drunka also it would be expensive if it was self powered but I could see them doing Gear style with £200ish headset set which is sort of low-mid tier but even adding on a NX system for let's say £350, it would still be one of the cheaper options and could be the big mainstream hit. I could see Nintendo doing some fantastic things with VR now also they could bring back the wiimote like Balla want's. So everyone wins, we get a hybrid, VR and motion controls.

The Dual Shock has always been awful especially the six-axis but hey it is based of the SNES controller, so what do you aspect but the Dual Shock 4 is marvelous maybe one of the best pads ever.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 17:36

It's going to go one of three ways:

Desperate to quell fears over the buttonless controller rumour, Nintendo massively overcompensates and does something like this:

Or

Desperate to win over the "hardcore" and "mature" (immature) gamers, something like this. :

OR

Nintendo go fully VR with the NX: Totally Rad & Mobile Device:

I quite like the Duel Shock pads, with 4 being the best one.

The third iteration was pretty flimsy and felt cheap. I had a couple that broke when they were dropped and a one that just inexplicably refused to charge.

I can't understand any hate for their D-pad though. As far as I'm aware it has always been regarded as the better pad for fighting games throughout the generations - especially compared to Microsoft's efforts. People also get uppity about the analog stick placement, but I think it's pretty much just personal preference. The current DS4 has some nicely gripy sticks and lovely triggers that make it a joy to play with.

I think I still, just, prefer the Wii U gamepad this generation, although that's largely down to how impressed I am by it being such a large, bulky thing and still being so comfortable, and also it being a portable Netflix screen for those times I can't be arsed to prop my head up enough to look at a TV as a fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 17:59

The Gamepad was a brilliant controller, and I really wouldn't be sad if it returned for the NX. But they'd either have to have some games that make use of it, or make it a side-focus, an optional extra while the focus goes on a different innovation/grunt.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 20:51

Muss is the expert in breaking controllers.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 21:38

Design the NX controller Grave10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 18:37

Laughing

POST OF THE YEAR!

Applause
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:15

To think, we've had the best and silliest posts within a matter of days...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 23:34

Guys - I've found the real prototype design file:
Design the NX controller Tumblr_o4rsvx1Y4F1rbui8to1_540
It says here:
A) To recapture the "lifestytle" feel of the Wii and DS Lite era, the controller (it's a hybrid as well guys, good news) is going to be available in kitschy colours that you see in Next Home and that sort. There's this orange, pale blue and lime green.
B) The analogue sticks, D Pad and face buttons are now modular; you can swap their positions. This is an effort to silence whiny cry-babies who don't like where the sticks are on the WiiU GamePad. Later on, you'll be able to order custom faceplates, as well as trackballs, and one big Horii-style button. Wario Ware will have a game based on you swapping these out, like that 90s kids game with the shapes and the timer. You know the one.
C) Plus and minus are a decent size, so you can actually find the buggers
D) The TV remote button is now a funky hexagon
E) The most painful to press, but easiest to catch by mistake, power button you'll ever see
F) The home button is fun to press, so it's been made a bit bigger
G) Stereo speakers. (Not everything's a joke)
H) Releases fart smells instead of vibrating. (Sometimes things are)
I) Quicklaunch The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
J) Quicklaunch Rad Mobile
K) Etch-a-sketch mode (shake me properly)
L) L, ZL, R, ZR buttons - the Z versions are analogue again
M) ZZL, ZZZL, ZZR and ZZZR buttons - these are actually radio buttons - when you pop one in, the other pops out. This will be great in flight things like Starfox and Affordable Space Adventures.
N) Oh yeah the screen sorry
O) Microphone
P) 3D cameras. Because it was great having them on the WiiU
Q) Solar-powered LCD timer, showing the time before the next Zelda game is released.
Not seen from angle: Charger, headphone socket, RF output, cassette deck.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 7:04

Is that a Jimbob creation? Shocked Full points for effort! Also I imagine Q will change about as often as the "downloaded in..." box in Windows.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 20:06

I was supposed to be drawing technical drawings for the documentation I'm writing for work... Cool
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 18:30

Jimbob's work is incredibly impressive, but I've used something that he would find untouchable... MS Paint! Grin

Prediction:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller Empty

Back to top Go down

Design the NX controller
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next