We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When will the Wii be a retro console?

Go down 
+4
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Balladeer
ZeroJones
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

When will the Wii be a retro console? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When will the Wii be a retro console?   When will the Wii be a retro console? - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 14:56

masofdas wrote:
Yeah IGN a side-by-side of Gears of War 1 on 360 and Gears of War 4 on ONE. Gears of War 4 does look better but that 10 year difference is the same as a game from 1987 to 1997 to 2007.

I disagree. The difference between a NES game and Ocarina of Time is massive. The difference between Ocarina of Time and Oblivion is massive.

masofdas wrote:
Only thing is PS360 by your definition are last gen systems and so is the Wii at the moment but soon as the Switch lands it be last last gen along with the DS which most would consider retro.

I don't think most would consider DS retro, they'd definitely consider it old news though. You can still walk in to GAME and see stacks of original DS games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

When will the Wii be a retro console? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When will the Wii be a retro console?   When will the Wii be a retro console? - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 15:57

That's what I meant to say the difference is massive, I missed not in but that 10 year difference is NOT the same.

Yeah but at the moment it's still last gen Winky Face I do wonder how shops will set things up when Switch comes as most of shop around here the DS & Wii section is still bigger then 3DS and Wii U and those will only get smaller now with Switch coming in March.

I guess if they have any sense they will just do a Nintendo section with it all but I can see my independent store moving most it into the retro section with PS2, Xbox and Cube but not with SNES, Mega Drive, N64, Jaguar stuff of this world.
Back to top Go down

When will the Wii be a retro console?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2