We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition

Go down 
+2
ZeroJones
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition Empty
PostSubject: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 13:30

Hi guys

You may have seen in my sig a for awhile and I have posted in the YouTube thread, EofGiz and mine Vs. series which was PS4 games with the odd ONE and Prediction week.

We are going to move on from PS4 as we both have numerous consoles and games, that we are looking to do seasons with season 1 being the PS4 one just gone which EofGiz won 6-4 DAMN YOU!

The first system were thinking about doing now along with more production values (well maybe just a score on the screen) is the Nintendo GameCube as we have something like a combined total of 80 games and we are always picking up games for it and its Nintendo & Retro Love .

It won't always be retro in the future as we hope to do a ONE, Wii U and NX Vs. in the future but for now GameCube, the plan to be best of 10 again but we pick 5 games each before hand (not just what do we have on PS4, we've not played) and maybe we play mind games or something, like if I'm 1-0 down right away do I play something I think I can win right away to tie it back up.

Now I'm posting here as we want you and others to watch, is there any games you think we should be playing as part of 10 games which you think would be entraining to watch us duke out in be it party, racing, sport, fighting, shooter or something else.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 26 Aug 2016 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 17:40

Not having had a GameCube, I'm a bit stuck. My exceedingly obvious suggestions would be Melee, Double Dash!! and Soul Calibur 2. Rolling Eyes

I don't know if you've got the equipment (steady) between you for Four Swords Adventures but that could be fun, and you might try a takey-turny thing with coin collecting (or something) on a Super Mario Sunshine level.

Now, people who know the GameCube better than I, please take the (form) baton from me! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 18:13

Some good suggestions Zero! Probably not a good idea to ask Mas how the off screen soul calibur 2 matches have gone so far... (Mas is somewhat salty after playing fighting games with me!)

I think Double Dash, Melee and at least 1 Mario sports title will be in there as the Gamecube is arguably the best Nintendo Platform for Mario's sports and side titles!

Also, No Gamecube?! You should rectify this! I still think its a really fun console!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:14

Super Monkey Ball, Beach Spikers, Donkey Konga, Mario Power Tennis, Timesplitters 2, WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgames!, Bomberman Generations and the first three that Zero Jones mentioned. Piece of piss!

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NHL Hitz 20-02! Get that played or fuck right off.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:16

That is a strong list but do you want to watch Beach Spikers for instance.

Zelda might be possible to do, Zero which is a good shout.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 23:16

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Super Monkey Ball
*gasp* including Monkey Target!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 8:46

That would be up to who picks it, if anyone does.

From my Collection we can from the games you suggest so far
1. Donkey Konga 1 or 2, any preference to which one?
2. Four Swords, If we get another GBA (Which EofGiz should get anyway) then this might be a good one to play or even Navi Tracker as I own it
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash, This will likely will get picked
4. Mario Power Tennis, I think we need this or Golf which I don't own at the moment
5. Soul Calibur II, I've been doing crap on fighting games that I might not pick it but EofGiz might
6. Super Monkey Ball. Just what modes also is 2 worth looking at
7. Melee, Like Kart will likely get played
8. Timesplitters 2, FPS would be good to play but 1 on 1 isn't the best and with bots whats the plan red v blue and were team captains
9. Wario Ware, Yeah likely played as one of my picks as its random

Sunshine level could be done but a racing game more like Burnout surely would be better by going faster lap time or biggest crash then a sort of coin rush thing.

I don't own but can look into getting Beach Spikers, NHL Blitz 20-02 and Bomberman Generations

Other games I can bring to the table which I think have Multiplayer are 1080, Bloody Roar, Godzilla, Mario Party 4 or 5, Mario Football, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Wave Race, WWE games and Zoocube
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 14:39

Timesplitters 2 and FSA for sure, 2 of the best multiplayer games ever made
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 18:37

Well let's just hope EofGiz gets a GBA, unless I pick it & he can't play it and I will win by
Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition 4724509-1279138501-xaadr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition   Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Versus, What should we play? GameCube Edition
Page 1 of 1