We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)

Go down 
+7
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) Empty
PostSubject: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 23:58

Hyrule Field Report

Game Game Show

Myself, Jay, Jas and Andy have finished our coverage of Dark Souls III (at least until the DLC) but we like podcasting and I spotted a hole in market.

Monster Mash

This one is about Monster Hunter. Specifically, the monsters: each week, we'll cover another monster and discuss it in the sort of terms nobody else online seems to do: The ecology, the design, the feel of the hunt. There's an amazing wealth of content to help people play Monster Hunt, but not actually very much nice post-game chat.

Get us followed/ subscribed/ rated and that, if you don't mind, just to help bump us towards people who might be into it. And give us a listen! Episodes are gonna be nice and short, and they might appeal even if you've not played much Monhan.

RSS
itunes

Episode 1: Great Maccao
Episode 50: Man
Episode 89: The Return

Last edited by Buskalilly on Tue 16 May 2023 - 11:37; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 12:05

With MonHanXX looking like it's not coming to our western shores, then I'm up for the Monster Mash spin-off with any of you teaching me how to play and maybe join in with the main cast if someone (Andy) drops out.

I'm hoping now that Worlds looks like is the only thing we are getting in the west that Mash continues on with that game and possibly it be more then 4 players as well.

If you not watched this weeks Mash special then it is worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:03

There are still plenty of monsters we've not covered from the first four generations of Monster Hunter games, so we're not especially worried about what we need to play yet.
Cheers for the shout about the video. Finally someone has replied to this thread Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:21

mas wrote:
I'm hoping now that Worlds looks like is the only thing we are getting in the west that Mash continues on with that game and possibly it be more then 4 players as well.

I'm sure we'll cover it if we are still doing the cast by the time the game comes out, also MH World is confirmed to be 4 player only.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:25

If Drunka is travelling all around Japan then I may have to
Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) 12515250_f520
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:38

Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 17:27

We've got quite a while before we'll have to worry about doing an episode on the Anjanath or the Great Jagras.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 15:15

Good demo talk, seems Crumpy isn't that keen on MHXX .

I didn't think my first hunt was that bad seeing I've not played a MonHan really since the Wii U and it's in Japanese, it took me 17 mins to beat the first Monster, is that that bad?

I'm keen for Stories but I've laid my 3DS to rest a long time ago now and not sure anything will make me pick it back up (same goes for VITA).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 17:39

Andy is just being his usual self but I think his main concern is the language barrier (the controls will click once he changes them to what he likes) which is fine as I think with the exception of the Buskaman 3000 who's learning Japanese we all have our worries about.

As I also mentioned demo monsters always have inflated HP compared to the full game so 17 minutes isn't terrible but I can comfortably beat Great Maccao in just over 7 minutes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:48

...I'm actually more excited for Stories than XX now. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:50

Well, we have essentially played a good chunk of double cross & stories is all new so...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 1:54

You weren't that bad really, considering you've not played much before. I just found the bit where you burned the meat then dropped some other meats really funny. Even then, it was kind of unfair to expect you to know.

You just have some funny habits, particularly when it comes to taking other people's advice, which I think I can turn into good #content.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 9:56

Episode 50: The Most Dangerous Monster of All with Joe Skrebels

For a bonus sized fiftieth episode the lads are joined by Joe Skrebels, the go-to man for British podcasts that want to talk about Monster Hunter, to discuss the greatest monster of all: man.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 17:15

Top Work Ladz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:51

Good listen this MHWcast is but even if Drunka had a PS4 or we all had Xboxes and the BETA was on that surely he wouldn't be able to play anyway the actual game with it coming out late Jan and him going to Japan early 2017 (is it even Jan?).

That him not playing might be a good thing, as he may have played the BETA and gone this awesome (which it is) and won't be able to actually play which could be even sadder.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:55

Pretty sure he's planning on just smashing the game when it comes out, so I don't think it would've made much difference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2017 - 16:04

Going to be a tight one then id he does get it, and he goes to Japan in Jan.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 16:16

I'm getting the game on the 26th and I fly on the 31st. I'm gonna be drinking Monster and hunting monsters solidly for those 4 nights, hopefully enough to see every beastie in the base game before I fly. It won't be til mid-late March we start covering those monsters on the podcast at the earliest, and hopefully with the likes of yourself, Smurfy, lots of other gamers picking up the series for the first time, there will be an option to mix and match the voices on the cast occasionally when I am unable to skype from Nihong.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 23:58

From someone who likes the cast and always tries to help with RTs etc, I can say I only really listen when it is special as I don't know my Rathalos from my Anjanath.

That personally I would like to see an edition similar to this one that has just been but instead of BETA, launch / general thoughts and Smurf would be great as he doesn't appear often on casts and Jay knows I'm much like Andy that I'm always keen for any sort of cast.

Also isn't it Nihon or Nippon not Nihong?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 20:00

Its a different alphabet, so any romanisation is correct really. Nihong is closer to how its said than Nihon.

I actually would like to do a couple more specials, probably one about World when we've properly played it, and one about XX that can squeeze in after we've covered all the monsters.

Hopefully World will grab you enough that you want to listen to monster episodes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 13:59

I've just seen the main game takes 40-50hrs, 10hrs sessions a day then aka as a month of Balla's playtime over 5 days.

From the BETA it has but as Andy points out on the cast, I'm not always going to have that armour and that pair of dual blades which might be what I have in the real game against the last monster in the BETA but not against the great jagras and will I have the same enjoyment then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 19:36

In my opinion, the best part of Monster Hunter is building your weapons and armours and getting stronger. That's where a lot of the fun lies alongside the actual killing of the beasties. I'm confident you'll enjoy taking down a few Great Jagrases to set yourself up for a tougher monster.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:09

With MHW having what looks like a proper story, I think that will make getting gear easier just from following that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:25

I suspect it's going to follow MH4U's style of storytelling but it'll be even more cinematic at points, which means you'll pick up some monster parts along the way but you'll need to do more than just the main key quests to get enough bits for an armour set or weapon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:35

Yup, I know you like story in your games mas but I'd reel in your expectations a wee bit as if you plan to just plow through the main key quests you might end up disappointing yourself or getting to a point where your gear isn't up to scratch for the monsters you're facing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)   Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Field Report (and Monster Mash & Game Game Show)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next