We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If...

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Athrun888
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 20:14

Balladeer wrote:
SMO shouldn't need much marketing, but then the Galaxies didn't actually sell that well, did they?

They sold well, both several million, it's just that the NSMBs sold waaaayy more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 20:58

I think a lot of folk will need convincing by Metroid Prime 4, myself included. Remember that demo they did for Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, the one that they packed in with the first version of the DS? Do something like that, but with all mod cons, online deathmatches, and all that bollocks.

Edit: call it Global 'Wish They Did Another F-Zero Instead' Testfire.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 21:11

Really?  I'm sort of presuming it'll be more of the same, such has the gap and the fan demand been; so you know if you'll go mad for it or not already.  

Then again, Nintendo being Nintendo, it could just as easily be a motion-controlled virtual pet simulator. (Next IF: if you develop a Nintendo-species motion-controlled virtual pet simulator, which one would you pick?)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 23:00

Yeah, Animal Crossing was the obvious choice - well done there. I can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 14:02

Drunkalilly wrote:
Animal Crossing. You and four players just mingle in a nice randomly created village for a while. You can take part in whatever fun new features have been added, get to know the new animals and one another, or just wonder about alone soaking in the lovely new visuals and music. It won't be challenging - in fact, it encourages you to take it slow. The Global Test Ease.
I'd quite like that as an actual game, it wouldn't happen because I don't think they'd want an always online Animal Crossing but I'd love the idea of being able to share my town in real time with other people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 22:21

I think you're right Treesmurf and why I went with the idea of a City hub world, where you can go meet up etc then go back to your own little town.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 23:21

*presses the Switch*

IF you were in charge of creating something like Achievements/Trophies for the Switch, what would it be called? Also - second question, cos I'm in a cherky chappy mood at the mo - what would your Achievements for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe be?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 10:03

Badges. Like in that 'game' with the money-hungry rabbit on 3DS. You can use them to dress up your (rather bland, let's face it) Switch main menu. They add to a points score too, of course, because that's what all the kids need to make their e-organs feel good and firm; but this way they're not entirely pointless (pun intended) for everyone else.

As for MK8D, there'd be one for coming in 12th place on the first track of the Special Cup, called 'Cloudtop Snooze'.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 10:18

Stamps - like they started to introduce for Miiverse anyway on the WiiU. They were essentially achievements. I loves me Nintendo, but when they said "we're not doing achievements or anything", and then did exactly that 5 minutes later... hmmm. They don't have to be used on Miiverse - but they have to look like 2 colour stamps. Get creative, devs!

As for Mario Kart 8: Obvious landmarks are to win a race / grand prix / all grand prixsxsxs / ghost time-trial / all time-trials. As for fun ones... er... I'll have a think - sorry
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 16:26

Coins and Stars, with different coloured Coins and if you get all the Coins you get a Star with each game having one Star.

I'd have same as Jim then things like win a race on Baby Park as a Baby Character
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 21:00

Would have said Stars but prefer the sound of Badges or Stamps as it would give them more artistic license.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 21:18

Each game has a pair of trousers, with each new challenge completed moving the zipper down by one notch until you see the character's genitalia. If you get every moon in Super Mario Odyssey, you'll be treated to the same sight as Peach is getting on her wedding night: Bowser's big ol' turtle coming out of the shell that is his nice, white tux.

The zippers in Mario Kart are for beating every cup with three stars at every rank, then beating all the staff ghosts. If you do them all, you can see my what's in my trousers: victory.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 9:21

So in awe of Drunka's response that I was too intimidated to post here for a little while (that, or I was on holiday for a bit and forgot about it - YOU decide!). This was maybe the first IF question I've posed where I have no clear idea of my own answer, too. The Badge system sounds like a great idea: a more obvious reward than just numbers climbing higher. We should write to Nintendo forthwith. Winky Face Anyhoo, time to go again.

IF you were in charge of Nintendo's console R&D department right now, what would you be working on?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 9:23

VR it is the future lol
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 16:05

I still think VR is a future medium and Nintendo have even dabbled in it again now with Mario Kart VR also they've spoke about it for Switch in interviews.

Really I'd be working on the Switch replacement, I hear you scream it's to soon but we know companies almost start looking right away at the next thing. The Xbox One X isn't even out yet but Spencer has even said their is a New Xbox in the works.

For me personally it be a New Nintendo Switch with 4K output and a 1080p screen, I'd think it sell okay as the New 3DS has sold 12ish Million and PS4 Pro since it came out has been 1 in 5 PS4's sold since it launched which by my guess is 4 Million.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 19:01

If... - Page 8 2000?cb=20161022024556&path-prefix=en

Either that or real-live Pokémon. Everyone with a stock option in Nintendo would never need to work again.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 12:09

If (ha) Nintendo want to stick to the two console model, then you'd have to suggest that the 3DS needs a follow-up. There'll need to be some way to distinguish it from a Switch, though. What they should be working on is a Game Boy Mini, like the old NES Mini and future SNES Mini. Cool

Anyway, the following is a thought I've been having for a little while now. IF you were in charge of ARMS DLC fighters, would you make any of Nintendo stalwarts - Mario, Link, Samus, etc?

My personal opinion is 'No'. I want ARMS to be its own game without interference (maybe a bit harsh) from any other Nintendo franchise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:47

I want to add a feature to my New Nintendo Switch which the Tiger Game.com had, two cartridge slots.

I also can think of a few updates like a left handed mode which was something the Lynx did and some 3DS games do.

On the question Little Mac but no one else.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 19:31

Nah, I'd let ARMS be ARMS. It would have been much less bother for the developer to turn the template for ARMS into the next Punch-Out!! game, and I'm glad they didn't. ARMS is better than Punch-Out!! in every department.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 8:50

I'm very glad ARMS isn't full of Nintendo stalwarts. This new wave of Nintendo that is bringing us the likes of Splatoon really tickles my pickle.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 14:13

If they were to do so the only one I'd want to see is Captain Falcon. Good punchy lad, colourful and over the top, whose rush attacks could have some added flair, and whose Falcon Kicks could act a bit like Min-Min's. Although with Min-Min already in the game he's still surplus to requirements.

Absolute no to Little Mac because we already have Spring Man in the game thanks. At least with Captain Falcon someone more creative could jazz up his abilities to be distinct from the rest of the cast. Mac's got nothing going for him other than the fact he happens to be a boxer, Yawn. If they jazzed up his abilities, well then he wouldn't really be Mac anymore and we might as well have a new character.

Realistically the only thing I'd be up for 100% is Amiibo integration akin to Mario Kart. Let's have some daft skins for select characters. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:17

If... - Page 8 Gfs_68186_2_10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 18:54

So on the day that some dodgy footage of the next ARMS fighter has been released (it's a NintendoLife link to the relevant article, not the video itself!), it's time to re-IF.

IF you were in charge of GAME in the UK, what would you do to rescue the company?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 0:13

I'd make it a much more personable experience to be in there. I hate buying games from GAME because they don't want talk about games but are trying to sell me guides, insurance for my discs and some premium reward points pish as I'm already buying a ludicrously expensive game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 16:11

The Game in Nottingham has a group of friendly staff, at least in my limited experience. Have had pleasant chinwags about the Switch and Zelda. Unfortunately they have the unenviable task of having to tempt you with insurance and some sort of new subscription based loyalty pyramid scheme. If that was gone then it'd be a shop I'd feel more comfortable doing that normal shopper thing of browsing. Yer never given any hassle in the independent Insane Games store in Wells.

Doubt that'd save Game, as such. A veedo games franchise on prime real estate across the country, in an age where changes in consumer habits are squeezing bigger, more versatile, and far less niche, chains, probably doesn't bode well for its long term sustainability. They do have some rubs business practices, but I think the real problem is that they just don't make enough money anymore selling games in the conventional way. Sadly the bigwigs answer this quandary by forcing their staff to spew a load of bollocks at you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

If...
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: