We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)

Go down 
+13
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 14:36

Played this a little after midnight, Had to get an online win. You unlock car parts as per 8, but having to unlock all the other stuff would be a nuisance. You get a bing crown above your miis head on the world map online when you win Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 14:52

Did a quick 150 mirror mode cup to check I've still got it, then I engaged in online play until I got dat win.

Still a good videogame. Looking forward to playing with the boyzzz tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:03

All good to hear! Has or is anyone who has it able to set up an ongoing gnamer tournament on there like the wii u version had? Not that we are competitive as it is of course....
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:18

There are tournaments and stuff, we seem to have the full assortment of options from the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:00

Got some friends coming around to play it tomorrow in local.  This is going to be so good. Grin My only worry is that they'll find the side-on Joy-Cons a bit tricky.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:05

Assuming you've not seen the twitter chat, are you available for a few rounds online this evening Balla? If not, I assume it won't be a rare occurrence for the GNamer fraternity to Kart Marios of an evening.

I'm also having some friends round, properly Sunday night. Exciting stuff!

While I'm in the thread, here's a good thing I noticed: If you beat a cup in 150cc, it marks it as complete (with the same number of stars) at 50cc and 100cc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:56

I do need to try and get my onlineness in gear. Aww! Probably not tonight though, although thanks for the offer. I will make it some day!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:41

I've only done one 50cc cup so far (terrible completionist that I am) but I swear it looks, like, way better than the original (which they could've saved time on). I saw you guys did a Moo Moo Meadows-heavy tournament - Thumbs Up! . I've love to join in on one of these dudes in the future. Looks like 12 doods isn't enough doods though!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 10:05

Jimbob, you might be glad or dismayed to hear this: if you finish a cup in 150cc, it marks the cup as completed with the same number of stars at 50cc and 100cc.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:03

Wow. Thanks very much for that info!

And you're right - I am glad or dismayed. I'm seriously in a conundrum as to whether to jump to 150cc to save time, or do all of them to play as lots of different characters oh who am I kidding the first one
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 18:34

I played mostly low CCs last night anyway, my girlfriend (who shall henceforth be known on this forum as Pandaface) isn't great at it...

I'm so glad to have King Boo back though! Also this gives me a reason to create more Miis on my Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:23

Just had a group of friends round for a big local multiplayer session. Five Switch local wireless was brilliant... as long as we sat really close. The range on it did not seem great!

The game remains absolutely phenomenal though Grin
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 15:36

I was surprised by how much shorter tracks felt when I played them in 200cc, also by how awful I was at them Aww!
I love the new battle mode, the most fun I had on Mario Kart Wii was playing the battle mode with everyone back on NGamer forums so I'm glad they fixed that Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 22:55

Drunkalilly wrote:

While I'm in the thread, here's a good thing I noticed: If you beat a cup in 150cc, it marks it as complete (with the same number of stars) at 50cc and 100cc.

Wish I'd read that two days ago... this fanny here's been ambling through 50cc. Laughing

I'm actually still tempted to go through the cups in order though. With this being my first Mario Kart game since Mario Kart Wii, it's been a real treat to tuck into this. It's safely become my favourite through only a few hours of play. Everything from the course design to the racing to the tunes just oozes with quality and I think for that reason I'd like to take it slow - no pun intended - by starting with 50cc and working my way up the ranks so I can savour the game rather than devour it in a sitting or two.

Multiplayer's naturally been cracking too - I've had an online session with GNamer boys which was a blast and a half and then I actually managed to coax my FIFA addicted brother and ambivalent towards games sister into a local session. The latter concerned me as my brother has gotten good enough at games since the Wii days to take a few races from me and the former session confirmed that I'm generally a bit kack at racing games. Ah well, I still had a great time playing Moo Moo Meadows literally six times in a row before I'd played any course in the game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 23:10

Jay wrote:
Ah well, I still had a great time playing Moo Moo Meadows literally six times in a row before I'd played any course in the game.  Laughing

Of course ye would it's Moo Moo Meadows. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 23:15

It was like Groundhog Day, only instead of a gopher and Bill Murray in an endless loop, it was Isabelle finishing last and cows.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 0:18

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm actually still tempted to go through the cups in order though. I'd like to take it slow - no pun intended - by starting with 50cc and working my way up the ranks so I can savour the game rather than devour it in a sitting or two.
I'd probably say that's the best bet for yourself. It will give you more time to learn the tracks and earn coins, as well. I just thought it was worth noting for those of us who already put in the hours on the Wii U!

Quote :
Ah well, I still had a great time playing Moo Moo Meadows literally six times in a row before I'd played any course in the game. Laughing
You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 5:49

JayMoyles wrote:
Ah well, I still had a great time playing Moo Moo Meadows literally six times in a row before I'd played any course in the game. Laughing

Glad I missed it now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 17:54

I was trying to put my finger on why I really like, but don't love, the Splatoon based, Urchin Underpass, battle arena. It's too grey! I'm not sure if this is technically feasible, but I would have loved it if each kart left a paint trail based on its colour, e.g. Mario=Red, Luigi=Green. That, and making a Bob-omb explosion more inky, would have taken the stage to a whole other level of Splatoon imitation. Not to mention, this game looks its best when colours are running wild.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 17:57

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Glad I missed it now. Laughing

BLASPHEMY!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 18:43

SOME THOUGHTS WHAT I HAVE HAD ABOUT MARIO KART 8 DELUXE

• Characters
    I like Animal Crossing and Splatoon but I'm not a fan of Villager or Inkling Girl/Boy because they're not characters. I'd have preferred, say, KK Slider and Calie and Marie. Seeing the results screen full of actual character names then just INKLING GIRL always looks a bit odd to me. For the same reason, I've always wanted Toadsworth rather than Toad, Koopa the quick rather than just Koopa Trooper, etc.
    Also, we shoould have gotten Zelda as well as Link.

• Tracks
    The four main cups (not DLC, not retro) each have a theme. The first one is "roads", an appropriate place for a racing game to start. Then we have places people live and work, then places they go for holiday or R&R, then the last cup is all about finality and death with Bowser's castle, Rainbow road, one about heaven and one made of bones. What good game designers Nintendo are!

• DLC
    There's a lot of speculation about whether Nintendo will opt to release more DLC once Deluxe is established. I'd guess the answer is yes.
    There really is no need to ever make a Mario Kart 9, but people will always hanker for more content. I reckon we'll hear about it at E3,
    with the first batch dropping in August - the 25th anniversary of the series. Here's hoping we get Zelda, maybe with Breath of the Wild
    skins for Link and herself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 21:11

Drunkalilly wrote:

I like Animal Crossing and Splatoon but I'm not a fan of Villager or Inkling Girl/Boy because they're not characters. I'd have preferred, say, KK Slider and Calie and Marie. Seeing the results screen full of actual character names then just INKLING GIRL always looks a bit odd to me. For the same reason, I've always wanted Toadsworth rather than Toad, Koopa the quick rather than just Koopa Trooper, etc.
Also, we shoould have gotten Zelda as well as Link.

We got Isabelle though, and she's a good lass so that's all that counts.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 15:06

I agree with all your points vis a vis characters. At the same time though the Inkling Girl just feels like the best designed inkling to me, including all the wacky Inkopolis fellas, so I'm glad she's in.

Would prefer something like 8 tracks a year split into 2 DLC packs throughout the Switch's life as I don't think we need a new MK. Perhaps even a few new battle modes too considering its revamp. The only concern is that we end up with so many tracks the menu becomes a bit of a mess. Would work very nicely for those of us who play online often though.

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Waluigi Pinball must come back because it's a unique track that'll look incredible on the Switch, and we need a Pikmin level. Advanced Wars themed battle track too please.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 May 2017 - 11:15

Is anybody going to be playing this tonight? Quite up for a Mario Kart Sunday session Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 EmptySun 7 May 2017 - 15:27

I can be about for some races - when are we thinking, 7ish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next