We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)

Go down 
+13
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 21:09

Just did my first 200cc cup. I was rubbish, fortunately the CPUs seemed to be likewise. Always handy. Mr. Scooty and tye-dye pillow tyres for the win.

Local multiplayer on this is possibly the best thing in the world ever. Seriously, it's up there with cresting a hill in Zelda.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 21:14

I haven't actually done any 200cc on Deluxe yet. Once I've three-starred all of Mirror I'll dip a toe in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 18:17

Anyone else suffered what I like to call '200cc Thumb'?  It arises from playing a lot of MK8D and sliding the thumb back and forth over the B button, all the time keeping A pressed.  Result: thumb feels stiff and hurts a whole bunch. Aww!

Still, on the plus side, I unlocked Gold Mario! Grin Although my star-less Special Cup mocks me something cruel.  I got 1st, 1st, 1st, 6th and haven't been back to it yet. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 18:49

I don't suffer from that but you might try turning auto-accelerate on for 200cc so you can focus on managing that brake button with your thumb.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 19:18

I've three-starred all of 200cc and not had much issue with that. I balance my thumb so that with a simple tilt I can be pressing both.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 19:32

That's not a bad idea Muss, might turn it on for Mirror which I'm doing now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 15 May 2017 - 20:01

This is why I was asking about the clicky-ness of the buttons on the pro controller because even on 150cc after about 15 minutes or so of racing I end up with the A button printed on my thumb. Thankfully the pro controllers buttons are more spongy compared to the joycons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 21:02

Balladeer wrote:
That's not a bad idea Muss, might turn it on for Mirror which I'm doing now.

It feels bizarre! My thumb's thanking me, but it feels a lot more... spectral, almost, floaty, without that point of contact. Appropriate, I suppose, given that I'm playing as King Boo...

...on that vehicle of kings, MR. SCOOTY. :king:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 21:13

And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 18486010

Three stars on every cup on every cc.
All staff ghosts beaten.
5,000 coins collected.

There is officially no singleplayer content left for me now, so y'all best be getting on them multiplayer evenings or sending me some Moo Moo Meadows ghost laps to compete against.

What's that? There are 200cc staff ghosts? Hmmm . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 22:50

You are mad - the game's barely been out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 22:56

I had some very long coach rides. Not to mention that I'm hideously addicted- what a bloody videogame!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 0:38

Did you struggle on any of the Time Trials? I found Dolphin Shoals and Wario Stadium challenging as the ghosts there seemed to put in some high quality laps. Everything else was simple enough though.

I'm just missing the golden glider myself, but I've nae 3 starred all the cups.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 16:31

Dolphin Shoals was tricky, as was Sunshine Airport. Wario drove a good lap in the Stadium, but I was a dab hand by that point. I did them in a big loop, all the top row first then the bottom row backwards, because I wanted to end on Moo Moo Meadows.

There were a couple which were absolute jokes and I managed to beat without even remembering to use my mushrooms. I shaved a good six seconds of Yoshi Park: anyone not taking the optimal route is a mug at this point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 18:33

Man alive! I'll skip thanks, the time trials bore the pants off me, and it's annoying enough getting blue-red-green-shelled on the final race without having to be perfect beforehand as well. I'll just drive the all-gold kart vicariously through Drunka.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 19:16

Honestly, I think the time trials were my favourite! Getting red shelled at the line by one of the lads in multiplayer is one thing, but when the CPU does it while you're aiming for three stars it's just bollocks. With the time trials, it's just me and the road man . . .
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:31

I enjoyed tt too. I'll have to see if I can nab yer ghosts!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:38

I think the only one I uploaded was Moo Moo, but if you've got any I'll take a pop at them.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:57

Ah forgot you needed to upload, did all mine in bed with no wifi
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 21:23

I think I've uploaded a ghost for Mute City, but that's the only staff ghost I've beaten so far. I cocked up one of the last corners and lost a couple of seconds, so it'll be easy to beat I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 15:26

Thought I'd use my lovely jubbly headphones while playing THUMPER the other day, sounded amaze. Then I kept em on while boshing out a few races online in MK. WOW. Never released just how many extra little sounds and general depth I was missing from the soundtrack when played in either handheld or through my monitor. It's not so much that the quality of the latter is bad, more than it's just so good coming through the headphones.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 16:28

Muss wrote:
Thought I'd use my lovely jubbly headphones while playing THUMPER the other day, sounded amaze. Then I kept em on while boshing out a few races online in MK. WOW. Never released just how many extra little sounds and general depth I was missing from the soundtrack when played in either handheld or through my monitor. It's not so much that the quality of the latter is bad, more than it's just  so good coming through the headphones.

Aye I started playing R6 Siege a few months back with headphones plugged into my telly & was amazed at the extra things I was picking up, I still don't use them for other games though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 17:16

Little things like the announcers in the airport/ train station, crowd noises, animals . . . what a game! I also noticed today you can even see characters' breath on cold courses. Intrigued to see if the metal people give off any steam now . . .
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 9:24

It's far too detailed for a racing game! Has anyone gone to Time Trial mode and then coasted round e.g. the Animal Crossing track, to try and identify all of the "doods"? And I'd recommend playing any Nintendo game with headphones.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 12:41

I think that notorious robber barron, Tom Nook, is there every race but the rest of the cast are randomly generated (or at least there's a lot for the game to choose from). I swear I saw one of my villagers once. Almost made me boot up Animal Crossing again, almost.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 16:58

Is there a specific day and time that everyone plays this? I haven't been using my Switch often enough to see people online
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next