We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)

Go down 
+13
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 13:24

Thst would be a cracking improvement. I also think that they missed a trick by not bringing the item-swapping mechanic back from Double Dash! on the GameCube. There's no potential for tactics to be involved when you've got two items in Deluxe, whereas that was a core part of the very same gimmick back in 2003. You should be able to hit the L button to switch between your two items, but, no, the L button is just for a big wanker horn for wankers. It's a waste. If they sorted that - as well as the online, which I find very unstable - then I think that this would be nigh on perfect.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 21:57

I've had no issues at all with the online, but I definitely agree that the item changing needed to return. The console is called the Switch.

(unless they're planning a Mario Kart Switch, with Double Dash mechanics to differentiate it from the last couple)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 19:58

Yes please! I do wonder how they're going to deliver MK9, given that the machine has The Best Mario Kart. Unless they make it something completely different, e.g. just do F-Zero with Mario characters.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:43

I'm hoping that when Nintendo move their online to a paid model, their first party games will get dedicated servers. Until then, weird things like red shells hitting an opponent, making them go into that hit animation, but not losing any speed as they used a banana on their end, will continue to happen. It's not game breaking and online is still a good time, but it's pretty goofy and sometimes it feels like an invisible item has hit you (although that could be boo stuff?).

I wonder if the lack of a switch mechanic is because it'd be fiddly when playing with a single joy-con.

Also, the F1 style teams would be a great option. The current version is a bit of a mess, and a chaotic co-op battle mode, or standard race, would do the trick online and off.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 19:02

Join us for a bit of MK8D right now!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 16:42

Some close games as well
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 17:31

Aaw, missed this! I was playing monster hunter with the mash lads falling asleep with my Switch in my hands as I'd been awake nearly 40 hours.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 7 Nov 2017 - 6:38

Drunkalilly wrote:
Aaw, missed this! I was playing monster hunter with the mash lads falling asleep with my Switch in my hands as I'd been awake nearly 40 hours.

We can try again this Sunday. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 7 Nov 2017 - 21:28

I'd be up for it on Sunday this time. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 0:12

Yer boi is at Cursed Child on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 21:07

Missed both bouts of this so far because I've been busy but I think I'll be playing a lot more of it anyway on and off to build up my rank a little bit so feel free to join me if you see me on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 Nov 2017 - 22:58

The Sunday session was fun! Cappa spanked us all when he joined, but the key thing is that I finished with more points than Andy and therein lies the real victory.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 1:57

Cappa I absolutely have to play against again as he's one of the few on my friends list that have an advantage over me in the head to head stats.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 19 Nov 2017 - 19:17

I'm doing not too badly against most except Cappa and Muss and I'd resigned myself to a lop-sided record against them long ago!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 0:41

Yeah Muss is way ahead of me but I suppose I can let one person off the hook.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 20:02

I'd absolutely wreck Muss. Just completely destroy him. He'd be a broken man once he'd played me at Mario Kart.

Cheeky
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 17:10

That sounds like a challenge, Muss...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptySat 27 Feb 2021 - 23:07

Was this challenge ever accepted?

Anyhow, a GNamer mutliplayer session of this is planned for this Sunday evening if you's can make it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 13:31

Laughing

I've certainly played Cappa a few times, not sure what the record is although I think he might have me beat.

Didn't realise we were playing on Sunday as I would have been up for this, hope you all had a good time anyway.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 15:33

Yeah.....I fell asleep during the day woke up at 9pm and no one seemed to be about so it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 2:24

I'd have been up for this if I'd known about it! Was it a twitter thing? You need to spread the word better!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 9:52

I put it in the fantasy games critic twitter dm where a good chunk of people who play online are, only smurf and Cappa replied & then I posted here to let everyone else know. I'll probably just go the discord route next time.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 12:00

I think we should try again this weekend, but on the understanding that everybody who dinghies you again like that is a Tory nonce.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 13:20

Laughing Aye I'm good for trying again this weekend, I'll do a reminder closer to the time on discord as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 15:29

It's on like Donkey Kong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next