We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)

Go down 
+13
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 19:56

Count me in again (although I think I forgot on the day myself).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:18

Treesmurf wrote:
I forgot on the day

Now we know why you're a Smurf. Big fan of the colour blue, yeah?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 19:45

Are you blue like the sky? Because that's gone over my head.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 23:29

That making you feel a bit blue?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 23:59

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
everybody who dinghies you again like that is a Tory nonce.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyThu 4 Mar 2021 - 12:27

Ahh. Nah I'd have noticed if someone booted it up on their Switch and joined so definitely not Tory nor noncy.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 17:50

Hello and welcome back to 2014.

I’m taking this news about the Booster Pass as the clearest sign yet that Nintendo don’t intend on releasing Mario Kart 9 for the Switch. I think that’s a sound decision. I think Nintendo would be mental to not release Mario Kart 9 alongside the release of their next console, presumably to come along later in the decade. Mario Kart is the big kahuna now. That’ll guarantee immediate success. Just launch your console with Mario Kart 9, nothing else will matter. Put 1-2-3 Switch alongside it. Skylanders. Just Dance 2017. Do what the fuck you like, just make sure Mario Kart 9 is there too.

The fact that all these Booster Pass tracks are remastered from old games does Mario Kart 9’s marketing no harm either. New tracks and the Mario Kart name will sell themselves - and Nintendo’s next console too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 20:36

I'm absolutely fine with this. I still don't know what a Mario Kart 9 would "be"; this is more of the best Mario Kart, and I've already paid for it, so I'm really happy with this. I was going to head back and get gold 3 star things on the 200cc at some point anyway, and it's a good time to jump back in.

I see whiny whiners are whining about visual fidelity in a game which still looks like a happy Pixar cartoon, so they can get in the sea.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:05

Jimbob wrote:

I see whiny whiners are whining about visual fidelity in a game which still looks like a happy Pixar cartoon, so they can get in the sea.
I literally cannot comprehend the mindset. It's like talking to a freakish inhuman space alien; we're not operating on the same basis at all. (The hypothetical whiners, not you Jim. You're like a Vulcan or a Klingon, I pretty much understand you)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:18

I need to find a cheap way to pick it up for Switch, did see it down to £34 on the eShop and with the DLC it is sort of a game always being on the Switch to fire up might make sense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:25

The conversation about MK9 or MK8D++ is still going on in the Direct thread, so I'll not say any more on that here.  What I will say is, I'll be splashing out for these.  Yes I've got the Expansion Pass, but I want to 'own' the new tracks - and for the same number of tracks than are already in Deluxe, I don't think it's too shabby a deal.  

Is it asking a bit much to hope they chuck in a new character or two as surprise bonuses?  That would be great.  Let me drive as Cappy (Origin Forme).

Anybody moaning about the look of this game: the sea's too good for them frankly, get them in an incinerator.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:56

If you want to "own" the DLC then it is here for under £17
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 15:04

Noice, cheers Mas!  Scooped up.

...the code's returning an error. Eh? I'll try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 2:46

If it ever leaves the expansion or we stop paing for it I'll buy it obviously but I'd be a mug to buy it before then
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 11:54

THE NEW TRACKS ARE OUT THIS FRIDAY

tHE FUCK?!?

We should play mario akrt
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 11:59

You can preinstall if you've got the membership now.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 14:16

I still don't own this game. On Switch, at least.

True story!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 17:14

I only bought after the direct
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 20:18

Buskalilly wrote:

tHE FUCK?!?

Yes! We definitely should. Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 22:51

The_Jaster wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

tHE FUCK?!?

Yes! We definitely should. Falcon Punch

I'll play too, let's set something up soon Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2022 - 12:35

masofdas wrote:
I only bought after the direct

Will pick it up myself sooner or later. I still feel like I played it to death on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2022 - 15:51

I played the new cups early this morning, didn't get my 3 stars in 150cc, as Inkling Boy cost me 1st twice on the last track of both cups.

I like the two tour ones, how the track changes route, whilst racing.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 1:09

I had a go with Jas, Andy, Jay and Smurf yesterday morning, managed to hit every track. Then last night I three-starred both cups on 150cc. The second cup took two goes because that Ninja Hideout is tricky!

I'll need a bit more time before I can give my absolute verdicts on the tracks, but no stinkers as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 1:22

I'll download this tomorrow and keep an eye out for any further multiplayer sessions!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 12:01

I feel like I'm going to poop on everybody's fun again and become one of those people Smurf was bemoaning on Twitter, and it's true I've not played the new tracks in multiplayer yet, but... I'm pretty unimpressed?  I think the entire Golden Dash Cup is thoroughly underwhelming: they've even made it worse in places.  Why have the cars been stopped in the final stretch of Coconut Mall?  Daft.  Then Tokyo Blur is thoroughly underwhelming also, Sky Garden and Shroom Ridge are fine (Sky Garden has its great music back and it's better than ever), and Ninja Hideaway is an all-time great track.  

All around, these tracks really do feel like they were handed over to a b-team to update/create (apart from Ninja Hideaway).  I know it's only the first set of courses, so they're obviously going to be easy, but... why did they feel the need to bring back Toad Circuit from MK7?  What purpose does that serve?

There's also the fact that I've unlocked every car in the game that can be unlocked by pure playing (as opposed to monstering time trials etc.). When the low-effort trophies appeared on completion of the 150cc cups, nothing else was gained and it was, again, thoroughly underwhelming.  Again this problem goes away in multiplayer, but it would've been nice to have some extra characters or car parts added as unlocks, y'know?  Even if they were just the different variants of characters introduced in Tour.

Basically I've gone from 'yep this is a great idea' to 'I wish we'd got MK9 instead' over the course of playing this bunch, which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next