We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

#Living Life2K17

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 2:45

Alright fuckers. I am very drunk. I studied a tampon in choosing and it  my bum.

Tic year had been pretty sure. We must bite  price and  lots of offshore  music and so dO, which makes  Zach.but we are saying.we are gnamer!

This is my state of the union. The union verdict  Mr and your mum  it's: SEXY!

I love guys.the monster mask lads are my bffs and all you are guys I being friends with. Imagine next year, the mmHg Swit c.f. g launches and we cover or and best  it  fall in love with  and it glorious  amazing. I love binding,I live gnamer  and I hope I 2017

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 9:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 8:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
I love binding,I live gnamer  and I hope I 2017

Best quote ever?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 9:20

Poor Mum. No

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 10:40

Poor tampon!

Hope y'all had a grand NYE. Smile On with 2017, then!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 18:40

Laughing classic drunka.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
I love binding,I live gnamer  and I hope I 2017

Best quote ever?

This part made me laugh the most.

Quote :
This is my state of the union. The union verdict Mr and your mum it's: SEXY!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 19:19

The_Jaster wrote:
This part made me laugh the most.

Quote :
This is my state of the union. The union verdict  Mr and your mum  it's: SEXY!

Hang on - that's just nicking Bruno Mars lyrics there.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 19:13

This is inspirational. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:59

How was your 2017? My year was very good overall, both personally and professionally.

The biggest events in my personal life were my brother getting married in October, and my Dad retiring in May. I was a best man for my brother's wedding, and I got involved in my Dad's retirement, so there was a lot of quality nights out around those. I also went abroad for the first time, and ended up holidaying in Finland and Estonia in May, and Germany in August. Those were magic! Round here, I went to Shetland, Inverness, and Mull for the first time, spent more time in the Western Highlands, and I got to a few more whisky distilleries across the Highlands and Speyside. In amongst that, there were lot of other celebrations, stag dos, birthdays, football away days, breaks and just random nights out that were brilliant. Looking back, I'm really happy with that.

Professionally, I made a big switch, and left my job in Aberdeen to take up the same job in West Lothian. I liked my job in Aberdeen, but I grew to really dislike the city and a lot of it's people. They're sheepshaggers, and if they say they're anything but, they're talking bollocks. I was growing really frustrated with my situation, and I'm as glad as I am relived to have sorted it out. West Lothian seems nicer, and I hope that the change will benefit me as much socially as it hopefully will careers-wise.

Of course, 2017 had it's bad times too. On a personal level, nothing has ever tore the arse right out of me like the sudden death of one of my oldest and closest pals at the start of December, at only 29 years old. It's such a massive loss to so many folk, and there's a real, undeniable sadness about the fact that he was just hitting his prime and had so much to look forward to in 2018. I've been trying to crack on with things since he passed, but it definitely put me into a bit of disarray.

All the best for your hopes and dreams in 2018 - I hope you achieve them.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2018 - 21:34

Sounds like everything that you could control went well - congratulations for a mostly great 2017.  Can't disguise the fact that your friend passed, of course, to which I have no idea what to say apart from: sorry. Aww!

I had a year of consolidation.  Looking back at 2016, I settled into my two-month-old new flat, changed to a better job, and met The Lady.  This year, I did more at the flat, did much better at the job, and am still with The Lady.  There's no getting around the fact that she's been the biggest and best part of my year, with apologies for the soppiness.  I made fewer new friends, but was able to talk more to my existing close ones.  I didn't write a new (serious) novel during NaNo, but started redrafting the previous one.  

The early part of the year was clouded by a social issue that, put next to Cappa's, seems and is small and insignificant.  Nobody got really hurt or anything serious.  That's trickled on, and has basically exhausted itself now.

It's impossible to ignore the impact the Switch has had too.  I've been a much more enthusiastic gamer this year, both in one-player and multiplayer.  Most noticeably, I held a birthday party in 2017 for the first time in a few years, and we all played MK8D and Jackbox 3.  Had an absolute whale of a time.  Recently, somebody I barely knew asked when the next one will be. Embarrassed

All in all, a good year for me, and I hope for most of y'all as well, if not for the world in general.  Onwards!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyTue 2 Jan 2018 - 16:22

What a man that Drunka is.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2018 - 1:21

I swear I didn't hack Mas' account, he really posted that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:22

For the first few months of 2017 I was part of a small group of people planning a wedding - my wedding to the lovely Jo. That wedding took place at the end of March and was an awesome occasion for both of us and, I hope, everyone who went.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Though I did discover that one of my longest-standing friends has a phobia of being in churches! I wish I'd found that out a little earlier than the morning of the wedding...

A couple of weeks later - ruddy school holidays - we went on our honeymoon to Japan, taking in Tokyo, Hakone, Miyajima and Kyoto. A totally amazing country that we are certain to be going back to in the future.

Professionally I had one of the best years of my career, I would say: the pass rates all went up and I had some amazing classes and students. I am burstingly proud of all of them - particularly those who went to university to do Maths. Very Happy

The new academic year has been abruptly different, for several reasons that I'm not going to go into here. Suffice to say that it's much harder but I am persevering, as is my wont.

Personally I feel better than I have for a long time. I've realised that those aspects of masculinity that I don't identify with are ones that I don't have to identify with. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 19:39

Sorry to hear about your loss Cappa, that's far too young for anybody to pass. Aww!

~~

My 2017 was mixed. Professionally I've moved slightly upwards, taking on more responsibilities at work but I still feel I'm moving up too slowly. Maybe I shouldn't rush things, but it's disheartening seeing all my friends having so much success and I still feel somewhat stagnant. It's had a bit of a knock-on effect on my health as I think I'm in the worst shape of my life. That needs to change in 2018, of course.

But, there was plenty of happy news. I passed my driving test and got my first car later in the year which has afforded me so much more freedom in terms of going places and also not having to wait over an hour to get home after work. I was the best man at my longtime childhood friend's wedding, which was a blast to be a part of and an honour itself too. Getting to share in his happiness was a treat. And much like Balla, whilst I haven't made many new friends, I've strengthened longer friendship both with you lot on the forum and friends closer to home.

Here's to 2018!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 16:02

I wouldn't worry Jay. I don't know your friends, but so many of mine are still stuck in low-level jobs. Many of them are even happy with that, content to pursue their interests outside of work without the extra pressure. And I'm a few years older than you.

By all means seek fulfilment in the workplace, but I hope you don't wind yourself up about it too much. If you're moving up then that sounds good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 23:36

It's definitely nice in the respect that I don't take work home with me and I've plenty of free time to spend doing other things, but I do want to try and forge a career of sorts. Ach, we'll see how the year goes!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 20:24

2017 started off quite badly for me, off the back of a Chron's disease diagnosis (in and of itself a good thing, as I then had actual evidence to explain why I felt shitty all the time to employers/university), but which did also result in me taking so much nasty prescription medication that I was suicidal and completely incapable of getting more than 2-3 hours sleep per night, irrespective of exercise. They popped me on anti-depressants for a bit but all that did was make the insomnia worse!

Got through my drug program eventually though, although I can't say that it did me much good - I had a follow up examination at the end of the year which said I was in remission though so that's good! Nevertheless I had to go part time on my MA, which has left me in a precarious financial situation - no longer entitled to a student loan and with not much in the bank, I'm going to struggle to get through 2018 without cutting costs somewhere, which means I still don't have Mario Odyssey! Sad

It's not all bad though. The diagnosis meant I got given enough time to do all my coursework without pressure, and I'm borderline first class at the moment - and, if I graduated with a first, would I'd have a fighting chance at PHD funding in the future. Going part time also meant that I moved into a different flat where I met my girlfriend, so there's been a definite silver lining to the whole part-time thing since October. I should also have steady-ish income throughout the coming months so hopefully I can get by while also being able to do actual couple things every now and then. I just hope I can get enough together by the end of the year to be able to afford a flat deposit and a few months rent, enough to find a job in Nottingham anyhow, as the girlf might well get her PHD proposal funded by Nottingham Uni.

Also condolences to Cappa, as Jay says that's far too young for anyone to go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018 - 19:39

That looks like a great recovery throughout the year Muss, glad to read it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

#Living Life2K17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: #Living Life2K17   #Living Life2K17 Empty

Back to top Go down

#Living Life2K17
Page 1 of 1