We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 22:01

Hail Treesmurf, our great informer!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:55

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Brawlout is down to a tenner, I said I'd bite around that price so I did, anyone up for picking it up?

Aye, I enjoyed what I played of that at the meetup, I'll plump for it at that price. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 20:21

Minit's going to be a thing on Thursday lads! I mean, it's going to be a thing I can't stand, since I don't like time management in videogames or indeed in the real world at the best of (yes) times; but at the same time it's quirky and I like it when people buy and enjoy quirky stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 20:23

Not a great week to come out with Dead Cells, Flipping Death and Overcooked 2 all being well received.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 20:36

I want to buy the last (checks) 8 things listed in this post. I think Minit might be top of the list, though. I fear it's because it looks like an old thing...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 10 Aug 2018 - 0:51

I've played a bit of The Adventure Pals and first impressions are good, solid platforming and some very silly humour which has provided a few lols.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 8:09

Glad to hear it! Unfortunately (as so often happens) other things have since got in my way, but perhaps one to look out for in a sale.

Iconoclasts has gone from not getting a recommendation (mostly through the main character not feeling as fun to control as the Knight) to getting a recommendation (mostly through the writing being genuinely interesting) thus far. The difficulty appears to be ramping up too, although I think the boss that killed me may have been more due to my own stupidity than anything else. Anyway, it has adjustable difficulty: perhaps pick the highest setting?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 17:55

For its 5th Anniversary Gone Home is coming to Switch, I very much feel it's worth a download if you're interested in walking sims remotely.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:31

I liked Gone Home. It was wonderfully atmospheric and didn't overstay its welcome like some games in its style. Worth a look, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:19

I keep getting it confused with Edith Finch in my head. Sounds like I should play it... Is it long?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:34

You can beat it under a 1min but if you play properly maybe 2hrs tops.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:23

Balladeer wrote:
I keep getting it confused with Edith Finch in my head.  Sounds like I should play it...  Is it long?

Nah, not long at all. I rinsed the whole game including its optional trophies in a few hours.

masofdas wrote:
You can beat it under a 1min

That was one of the trophies for the game - you had to be so precise to get it done in time!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:36

I tried getting it on both PS4 and Xbox One, the quickest I could do is 1min 15secs.

On Xbox One if you look at my achievements it says I've beaten the game but I did only play it for that amount of time, I just want the 100g as I wanted to beat a mate in the achievement rankings for the month.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 14:13

So, anything in there take anyone's fancy?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 16:29

Gardens Between which has been on my radar since PGW 2017 (I think), Bad North but would want to see reviews on that one first and Slay the Spire which looks like it might be up my street as I've been banging on about card games on Switch for ages but not quite what I wanted as I was thinking more Pokemon TCG, MTG, Hearthstone, Gwent etc

I think Morphies Law is meant to be the big game out of that showcase but looks odd, if it's cheap and a bunch are picking it up then I could go for it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 16:45

Night Call looked ace! That's definitely getting a look whenever it launches. I'm a sucker for a noir art style and it looks like it's going to weave a gripping yarn, so count me in.

Beyond that, I'm firmly in the "waiting for more news on Wargroove" camp.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 17:12

Those are good picks there and I have to say that it was Windjammers and the announcement of a sequel that was the big focus for me. always heard great things about this game and I'm quite excited for when the first one launches on October 23rd.

Aside from that the games that looked interesting to me were:

Monster Boy
Bad North
Moonlighter
Children of Morta
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:28

I live-commented to myself. Uh...

Random thoughts:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:59

By the time I'd finished watching, I'd forgotten that near the beginning were three games I found pretty interesting.  Night Call strokes my Hotel Dusk gland (which is I think what Jay was trying to say, only... stickier Neutral ), Wonder Boy looked like it had some nice platforming action although the accompanying song was mince, and The Gardens Between might have weird unfolding puzzle levels of the Gorogoa vibe that will go down a storm if it lasts a bit longer... or it might be bobbins.  I'll wait for the reviews on that one.

Oh wait: Jimbob also mentioned Baba is You!  Which I was almost put off by by the nauseating-as-feck voiceover lady.  But not quite.  Maybe...

Sadly I was then deluged in games I had no-to-little interest in, and I want to talk about a common theme of many of them.  (Not Murphy's Law: I thought it looked pretty interesting, and it once again makes me sad I have no interest in online shootybangs.)  I'm talking about procedural generation.  There were a lot of roguelikes, games with roguelike elements in ('roguelites'), or... Terraria, and there's definitely been an upsurge in such games on the eShop; so I think this is a good place to spew my guts.

Jimbob wrote:
I know that Procedural Generation is a contentious issue (!)...

Naaaaaaaaah:

Phew!  I honestly am not as drum-bangy about this as it looks like from the above, or as I was at the end of being bored by the showcase.  TL;DR: HANDMADE LEVEL DESIGN GOOD, MACHINE LEVEL DESIGN BAD.  ME NO LIKE MACHINES.  KILL ALL MACHINES.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:16

I haven't watched the indie video (yet... yet? I might watch it, I might not. You're not the boss of me!). I just came here to say that I bought Tumblestone from the Switch eShop because I tried the demo, though it was pretty good, and it's on sale (£3.47 instead of £11.99). Looks a little bit Flash-gamey but there seems to be a metric bum-tonne of content, and the actual puzzler mechanics are solid and addictive. I recommend giving it a bash - you can play the first 30 puzzles on the demo - but be warned, you don't seem to be able to carry over the demo save, so you'll have to do 'em again.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 10:27

I've liked the look of Morphie's Law for a while now, but the first impressions from the folk that have downloaded it already is that it's unfinished and very laggy. Other than that, Monster Boy interested me the most, though I've not got my arse in gear and played last year's Wonderboy yet, so that should probably come first.

I couldn't make sense of Tumblestone on that eShop demo sadly. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:31

Jimbob wrote:

Monster Boy - I do have trouble remembering which one is this and which one is Wonder Boy III

It is a semi-sequel to Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and lasts year Wonder Boy is a remake of Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.

Night Call might be up my street then
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:40

In regards to Balla and Jim's mentions of roguelites, I'm a fan!
About Balla's point, anyone else can respond if they care:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 23:14

Jay wrote:
The genre lends itself really well to replayability which means I get a lot of bang for my bang. It's what I'd class as "easy gaming" - nothing that's going to light my world on fire, but something I can fire up for a run or two and be happy with that. As such, procedurally generated worlds are a necessity for that genre as without that it'd grow dull pretty quickly having to traverse the same meticulously designed rooms. There's a thrill in wondering what items you'll find this time or what boss will be lurking behind that door on each run. It keeps you on your toes as well - even after countless runs, you might come across a room layout you've never encountered before that forces you to adjust how you play. It's great.

The part in bold is why I like them as well and they also remind me of older games where you often learn and get better through repetition, except you're not just thrown back to the start of the game with that harsh lesson as you probably unlocked something on top of that which makes them even more rewarding to play. I love hand crafted worlds in games too - this should be obvious when some of my favourite games of all time are BotW, Dark Souls and Super Metroid but I also love figuring out the gameplay intricacies of a rogue-like/lite etc and that everyone can approach/play them in different ways.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 14:57

Granular feedback time!

JayMoyles wrote:
In regards to Balla and Jim's mentions of roguelites, I'm a fan!

GET THE HELL OUT

Und so weiter:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next