Nintendo and Microsoft: Don't Deal with the Google

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Nayru's Wisdom
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:17

Balla: I'd say it depends. I ended up caving and watching the final battles on YouTube, and whilst the lore up to that point is neat, I do think there'd be something hollow about not finishing off the secret boss. Your mileage may vary, natch.

Muss wrote:
I dusted this off tonight. Well sort of, I got all the way to the final secret boss and then the game told me I had to split my gang into two for a two phase boss. Nope, not grinding up my reserves.

See, I levelled up each member equally besides my protagonist, but that's not even put me into a good place either considering that by doing that I'm still 10 levels below the recommended level for said secret boss. And I really don't fancy grinding... Aww!

The journey up to that point was still good though, agreed!

Regarding the direwolf: Hahahaha... oh no. This is in a LVL 58 area. It's part of a side quest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Disciple of Maddrell
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 22:08

I'd say its worth doing for the lore but I'm quite into the narrative stuff. I had a level 68/9 olberic and the rest were around 60-3 and I didn't have any bother until the impromptu 2-part big big bad, but it crops up after the lore stuff and I was satisfied to leave it there.

I mean, I watched bits of a YouTube video for the final battle[s] too, they had level 75 peeps across the board and had a way better grasp got the game than me and it still took them forty minutes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Nayru's Wisdom
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 22:59

Folks have been heralding it as one of the toughest bosses ever in an RPG, so that'll give you a good idea of what sort of level you need to be to take it down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 23:07

Not a fun one...  In a genre where difficulty is primarily defined by how long you've played the later stages for, I'd say that's not something to be 'heralded'.

Anyway I've defeated Shiva.  One of the tougher ones, that, despite my amazing magic Primrose.

EDIT: That's all the secret jobs unlocked, but I don't have much incentive to do anything with them. I think I'm done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling   

Back to top Go down

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9