We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?

Go down 
+8
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 17:56

Good choice, Drunka. Brilliant, subversive games - I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 18:09

Played through both on release and loved them to bits, but I've now got experience of the wide world of action games outside Nintendo. I wonder if they still hold up?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 0:43

JayMoyles wrote:
This is a suplex:

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 3n5NSBR

Didn't Travis already do this in NMH, or am I thinking of Resident Evil 4 and Leon?
If I remember correctly Travis did a suplex, maybe even more moves, Leon did a Northern Lights Suplex. Pretty sure Chris does a German Suplex in RE5 too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:34

Yup he definitely done a whole bunch of different moves.

http://nomoreheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Wrestling
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:26

There's your dinner.

Bounce
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:27

HYPE!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:30

masofdas wrote:
HYPE!

...where 'HYPE' stands for Hope You Play, Everyone. Cool I'm already in on the ground floor for any more NMH action.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:35

Got dead excited when I saw Hotline Miami turn up. Colour me interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:38

[quote="ZeroJones"]
masofdas wrote:
Hope You Play, Everyone.

Sure does

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 19:07

It's not a proper NMH, is it? It's some weird indie mash-up.

Oh who am I kidding with my cynicism, it's going to be aces. HYYYYYYYPE! (Hope You, and You, and You, and... and You Play, Everyone?)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 19:27

The story is you get sucked into a games console and you sort of play 6 games and win them by beating the boss of the game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 22:42

That sounds ace, I guess the climb the ranks story line would have been a bit tiresome a third time around anyway. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how nice this looks though? I'm not sure if it was down to the lighting but that is one of the most visually pleasing trailers I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 1:05

Aye this looks quality! I'm wondering if this'll be another full on 3d NMH game or not though as they could go so many ways with the idea of being trapped in a console - a 3d take on Hotline Miami for example would fun to see.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 11:24

Word on the twitter, from games types who are presumably somewhat in the know, is that it's a collaboration with indie devs. The different levels will play like different games, but the bosses and cutscenes and the style will be very No More Heroes.

This looks like the tits and that trailer was amazing. I am most definitely HYPE - hide your penis (erect) - about this game, hoping for a 1 & 2 rerelease on Switch too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 12:32

Buska wrote:
The different levels will play like different games, but the bosses and cutscenes and the style will be very No More Heroes.

That's all that matters to me as the bosses were always the best part of NMH.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 19:05

For my money, NMH never quite nailed the bits in between the bosses. If they're classic NMH and the rest is indie homages, that's potentially the best of both worlds. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 19:38

Aye it was always a bit janky in places but the fact it had you either dropping enemies with german suplexes or slicing them up with a laser sword made me forgive it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 19:56

Style over substance can work, if the style has enough substance. :pretentious:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 20:42

I enjoyed both No More Heroes games start to finish, but the bits I remember aren't the corridors of grunts; they're the boss fights, the comedy cutscenes, the weird minigames . . .
That said, there was a lot of fun to be had in cutting through swathes of rubbish men in suits.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 23:21

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 WzW1WI2

EDIT:

Some concept art anyone?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/gallery_check_out_some_tasty_concept_art_for_travis_strikes_again_no_more_heroes

This also confirms that the game is indeed a "raucous 3D action title" like the other games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:39

The_Jaster wrote:

This also confirms that the game is indeed a "raucous 3D action title" like the other games.

For some reason, that description reminds me of the Mad Uncles sketch from Burnistoun. Laughing

"Raucous romp? ROMP?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 20:14

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMPPPPP!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 20:38

If 3D action titles don't feature raucousness, I don't buy 'em. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 19:35

'I can’t comment on that. But that’s totally right.' Prime RTSB material. The rest of the interview's worth a read too, Suda's a funny chap.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 22:58

Man, I really like Suda. That last answer especially. What a dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?   Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Suda thunk it?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next