Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom

Go down 
+4
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:30

I thought I saw three Street fighters on screen at one point. Glad I didn't dream it, at any rate. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 1:39

Mas - that's still a cracking roster of fighters, thinking about it. The only big names I'd like to have seen on it would be Sakura and Dan, but that's about it really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 16:59

Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 Latest?cb=20080212051436
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 17:59

Papyrus wasn't in Street Fighter, Drunka.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 18:11

I'm gonna let you off, as it's been a year since you were properly obsessed with Undertale.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 18:32

I mean, what other skeleton with a red neckerchief was I meant to reference? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 10:28

If Nintendo's shares have hit a nine-year high after the announcement of Monster Hunter XX for Switch, then Ultra Street Fighter II's Way of the Hado mode is enough to send them right back down to their all-time low. And then crashing right through the floor, just for good measure.

If you haven't heard about it, Way of the Hado essentially a side game to the main Ultra Street Fighter II modes (which are all exactly as you'd expect, by the way) in which you control Ryu from a first-person perspective while launching all his special moves using the JoyCons motion controls. But - Jesus Christ! - these are the absolute worst motion controls I've seen featured in the game in almost ten years. I'd actually have to go away and think about a time in which motion controls have let a game down so extrodinarily much. The game hardly recognises what you're trying to do with the JoyCons, and the input delay is completely off with what you'd reasonably expect from a fighting game. There's bugger-all in the way of strategy or variety either - you just waggle the JoyCons about like an utter bellend while ploughing through the same stages and enemies time and time again.

It's quite sad to think that actual time, money and resources went into Way of the Hado, as it's all been completely misspent. If this was used to showcase the original Wii back in 2006, it would have been enough to kill it off.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 10:56

Thank God the translation was wrong and MonHan XX is coming otherwise I think this game would have killed off Capcom's Switch support.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 20:50

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
If Nintendo's shares have hit a nine-year high after the announcement of Monster Hunter XX for Switch, then Ultra Street Fighter II's Way of the Hado mode is enough to send them right back down to their all-time low. And then crashing right through the floor, just for good measure.

If you haven't heard about it, Way of the Hado essentially a side game to the main Ultra Street Fighter II modes (which are all exactly as you'd expect, by the way) in which you control Ryu from a first-person perspective while launching all his special moves using the JoyCons motion controls. But - Jesus Christ! - these are the absolute worst motion controls I've seen featured in the game in almost ten years. I'd actually have to go away and think about a time in which motion controls have let a game down so extrodinarily much. The game hardly recognises what you're trying to do with the JoyCons, and the input delay is completely off with what you'd reasonably expect from a fighting game. There's bugger-all in the way of strategy or variety either - you just waggle the JoyCons about like an utter bellend while ploughing through the same stages and enemies time and time again.

It's quite sad to think that actual time, money and resources went into Way of the Hado, as it's all been completely misspent. If this was used to showcase the original Wii back in 2006, it would have been enough to kill it off.

I could tell that mode would be wank by the trailers. Indicative of Capcom's attitude with this game, to be fair. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 9:05

Jeez. All I can think about is a sarcastic "the motion to perform a Hadoken is the same one as you'd use in real life!"
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 9:34

I'm looking at the back of the box as I type this, and what they're selling isn't that great in practice. At it's heart, it's still "the most iconic fighting game of all time", and the usual stuff you'd expect (like the Arcade, Training, Versus and Online Multiplayer modes) all work well enough. Yet the two new characters are little but really lazy palette swaps, and the Buddy Mode lasts just a few bouts before it's game over. The Gallery Mode is really nice on the tablet, but it definitely doesn't save it. It's just yet another Switch game that's too expensive for what it is. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 9:38

The so-called Switch Tax at work. Thumbs Down... I now know I'll be avoiding this one like the proverbial plague of proverb. No Thanks for the report, Cappa - given that you also got Super Bomberman R, the early days of the Switch haven't been the kindest, it seems. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 14:47

The buddy mode isn't even new for SF, as one of the SF games I own on Dreamcast has it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom   Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers: Final My Arse, Capcom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2