We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 16:50

PS4 had likes of Life of Black Tiger but how much is a PS4 Dev Unit, I think the Switch being cheap will mean more can buy it and use these easily accessible engines as well, meaning we could get a lot of games with various degrees of quality.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 19:47

From experience Nintendo have one of the most stringent certification processes. The game has run well, not be overly offensive and crucially have a pegi rating europe. Typically that alone costs around £1000 so it generally stops shovelware coming from your average indie team.

For context, steam green light and mobile stores dont require pegi ratings, they instead use what we call "indie ratings" which is free and is like a 10 point questionaire.

There will be shit on switch but it wont be financially viable unless the console is a success!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 20:08

How did the likes of Meme Runner pass (not out in Europe but is in the states) and things like Riverside for Switch, pass stuff.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 20:17

Esrb costs next to nothing for small companies in US and again a company could take a risk and pump a grand into pegi rating and probably make it back on."worst of" lists and videos. You make more money being awful than forgettable I suppose!
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 20:22

Also I am a game dev but I dont work for Nintendo so dont take everything I say as guaranteed fact :p
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 20:33

Hopefully the Switch much like the VITA becomes a viable business option for smaller devs.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 21:24

I'd really like there to be lots of small, quirky, exciting games on the Switch eShop. The Wii U eShop was possibly its best feature and, well, that had better continue! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 21:35

Which you can find a bunch right here Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 22:41

EofGizmo wrote:
Esrb costs next to nothing for small companies in US and again a company could take a risk and pump a grand into pegi rating and probably make it back on."worst of" lists and videos. You make more money being awful than forgettable I suppose!

Yeah, The Asylum - Snakes on a Train, Transmorphers, 100 million BC, - have made an art of doing this with films. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but despite everything they have done being [at times purposefully] terrible, they've made money on every single film they have released.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 16:29

They're behind the Sharknado series, so they're doing better than ever right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 5:57

ZeroJones wrote:
I'd really like there to be lots of small, quirky, exciting games on the Switch eShop. The Wii U eShop was possibly its best feature and, well, that had better continue! Winky Face

Disagree: Miiverse. Sad

four days
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 7:33

Mild disagreement: hardly anyone's on Miiverse any more but the eShop is still going to get some great content before it slows to nothing. And the best moments on Miiverse compare unfavourably to the best moments on the eShop.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 10:24

I tried to use miiverse exactly once

Trying to comment on a super mario maker level should not take literally 2 minutes
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 11:00

Have a new game announcement (Old trailer but you get the idea on what's coming)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 12:27

Oh, good, I'd been wondering about that one. Pleased to see it will arRIVE on the Switch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 13:20

Interesting bit of news Japanese launch game VOEZ will support English but the big thing to take away is this can NOT be played on a TV as it is a touchscreen only game.

I've got a trailer here but what do we think of their being games on day one which can only be played in portable mode due to the touchscreen?

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 14:14

#MiiverseDefenseForce
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 19:42

masofdas wrote:
Interesting bit of news Japanese launch game VOEZ will support English but the big thing to take away is the can NOT be played on a TV as it is a touchscreen online game.

I've got a trailer here but what do we think of their being games on day one which can only be played in portable mode due to the touchscreen?

I never would've guessed at that being a rhythm game!
To answer your question: probably not brilliant that you can't dock'n'charge every single game - I'd rather everything had a buttons only option, but I don't suppose you'll marathon this sort of thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:13

I sort of hope it means we get Nintendo's Mobile games and others like the sort of teased Hearthstone and other things that could make the Switch a great portable system like eBooks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:16

ZeroJones wrote:
Mild disagreement: hardly anyone's on Miiverse any more but the eShop is still going to get some great content before it slows to nothing. And the best moments on Miiverse compare unfavourably to the best moments on the eShop.

Can't (mildly) disagree with any of that: however, for me Miiverse delivered the giggles/artwork/community fun at a more consistent rate than the Wii U eShop delivered games that got me playing. Might have just been right place/right time for me I suppose... But the other thing is that Miiverse is perfect for a more powerful handheld, allowing you to draw on the go like a smartphone app for Twitface/Friendr/whatever but artistic. Such a shame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 16:28

More may come tonight bu for now with 3 Days to go, here's another launch game
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:16

masofdas wrote:
More may come tonight bu for now with 3 Days to go, here's another launch game

Wow. Someone has seriously made a whole game out of the worst Bayonetta level . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:46

That looks absolutely terrible. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:04

If it is dirt cheap then I may get it just to stream.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 19:59

Have just unsubscribed from Podquisition, Jim Sterling's cast. I know I'm a massive Nintendo fanboy who takes stuff like this too much to heart, but I don't think I want to hear him slagging off the Switch until it's out and doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next