We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 9:58

It is great news and £20 for a year which includes what will likely be one VC game a month and it is mine to keep (long as I got a sub which makes sense) and has online, is great.

Now they've scrapped saying NES & SNES which at the time only had SNES games with online, does this mean we could see N64 games with online?

How will this also change the VC output, will everything now have online, will only the subbed games have online etc Jim in the If thread said do Nintendo with VC go for quantity and put the whole Wii U VC library on Switch soon as it goes live or quality and have online support games added in.

It does raise more questions of the overall plan but still Thumbs Up!

On the chat I think it's more then one step:

PS4 - I take headset out of the draw, plug into PS4 via USB, make party, invite Muss.

Switch - I take headset out of the draw, plug into adapter, plug one end of adapter into phone, plug one end into Switch, unlock phone, load App, make party, invite Muss.

I know I've spent longer typing this then ding likely both of those things but if this headset is like £50 and how Switch will do it going forward, then I can see why it is lame.

If it was like the PS4 then I may have bought the headset if others were getting also it looks rather cool but now I sooner plug headset into phone, unlock phone load Skype, join chat.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 10:49

mas wrote:
what will likely be one VC game a month

It's not though they already confirmed it to be a collection of games per month not just one.

----

Also your steps for the chat gave me a good laugh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 11:01

I've not read that and can't find anything about more then one game a month.

All I can I find is people who sub will be able to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play. I guess how you take it but I'm taking it as a growing compilation of your time subbing.

I also found that it is just NES games but with Super NES games under-consideration.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 11:16

You said it right there that it's a compilation of downloads, it looks like it's basically going to work like the free games you get with PS plus.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 11:27

Again I took it as a over time, not a month but I hope you're right 2 or more NES games would be great, seeing they're £3.49 each on Wii U VC.

Maybe they change it up as well, one month is 2 NES games then next month is 1 SNES game as like you say about Plus it is always 2 PS4 games at least but sometimes due to cross-buy etc it is more.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 12:48

Man, this really is a nightmare.

Switch:
  1. Have a hot bath to make sure I'm clean before touching my precious Switch.
  2. Make a cup of tea.
  3. Take my Switch from the dock.
  4. Unlock my phone.
  5. Take out the headset.
  6. Get comfy in my chair
  7. Plug one end into the phone.
  8. Pug one end into the Switch.
  9. Connect both devices to the wifi.
  10. Open the app on the phone.
  11. Open the game on the Switch.
  12. Send out a tweet to see if anyone wants a game.
  13. Invite people who are online.
  14. Play game.
  15. Win game.

XBox One:
  1. Nothing, because nobody else has an Xbox and I hate using voice chat with idiots I don't know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 13:06

So you're buying this headset then Drunka? As I think what we do now is better and will cost us nothing extra.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 13:30

If it mixes the game audio better, definitely. I'd buy anything with Nintendo written on it.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 13:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 13:31

Righto, have to see if others jump in as well with that as they've not on PS4 and prefer using Skype.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:09

I will 100% be sticking to skype, if not just because I much prefer USB headsets.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 15:28

Just got one of these
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 201511171959347458

I actually ordered it before they released the firmware that makes it work for Switch so that was a nice bonus
It's smaller and lighter than I expected so it's easy to carry around and the packaging is really nice. It's comfortable to hold, the texture is nice and it doesnt feel cheap, all the buttons feel satisfying to press and it's easy to install the new firmware and pair it with the Switch. My only issue with it is the L2 and R2 buttons are next to L1 and R1 instead of under them which makes them a bit awkward to press without pressing L1 or R1 at the same time
I tried a few games with it and I'd say the joycons are better for games that use the analog sticks such as Mario Kart but the NES30 Pro has a much better D-Pad. The NES30 Pro's analogs are fine but they are a bit small and I have big thumbs so they aren't as comfortable as the Joycon's
If you're looking for another Switch controller but don't want to pay so much for a pro controller then one of these is definitely a good option Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 20:47

RIGHT.

1. Clean road with tongue;
  2. Wake up from nightmares about being from Yorkshire;
  3. Have glass of water to get rid of morning breath (and gravel);
  4. Get up;
  5. Fail;
  6. Repeat a few times;
  7. Succeed only because after that water I really need the loo;
  8. Sit on loo contemplating why I'm still awake when I could be asleep and that would be wonderful, dream-whippets aside;
  9. Flush chain;
  10. Wash hands BECAUSE I'M NOT A DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING hint hint some of my colleagues;
  11. Shuffle slowly into living room in dressing gown;
  12. Turn on Switch;
  13. Turn on telly;
  14. Sit down;
  15. Extend hands;
  16. Raise Joy-Cons;
  17. Let Joy-Cons fall again because I can play this machine with my arms down there and isn't that amazing;
  18. Be forced to raise Joy-Cons again because my left Joy-Con has that issue bad - thanks a bunch Nintendo DAMN YOU! ;
  19. Select game from menu screen;
  20. Select user, who is me;
  21. Wait for game to load;
  22. Grumble about how we never used to have to wait this long back in my day;
  23. Recall that actually, in e.g. Rare's N64 offerings, we did actually;
  24. Recall how there was a dancing N-cube in DK64 that really irritated me, much like the rest of the game in fact;
  25. Move cursor over 'online' option on game's main menu;
  26. Ponder the thought of interacting with other humans, who you can't restart against if you're getting mercilessly haxxxed into second;
  27. Move cursor over 'single-player' instead;
  28. Select 'single-player';
  29. Have more fun;
  30. Wonder why all games can't be as good as BotW;
  31. Wonder if Geoffrey Boycott's ever genuinely tried batting with a stick of rhubarb.

That's how you play t'Switch lad, and don't you forget it!

(Sorry Gwyn, I'm sure it's wonderful. Should probably get around to buying a Pro at some point, NES or otherwise.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 21:30

Get a real Pro. Dat motion.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 21:45

Will save for a Pro. I feel bad that I didn't use my Wii U Pro Con as much as I might have. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 22:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
Get a real Pro. Dat motion.

Oh I'll be getting the Splatoon 2 one when it's out, I just ordered the NES30 Pro for my laptop and phone but then they added Switch support which was a nice bonus Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 3:13

Ah, nice little coincidink
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 10:22

ZeroJones wrote:
Will save for a Pro. I feel bad that I didn't use my Wii U Pro Con as much as I might have. Embarrassed

I feel the Pro on Switch is more necessary as I use my Switch as handheld mainly that my Joy-Cons never get detached from the unit and when I do use my TV the whole things gets docked and pick up my Pro.

Basically my Switch always ready for handheld gaming and if I use it as a console I want a proper controller.

@Balla you should add wonder why I got ARMS with only a Arcade mode for Single Player.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 10:35

Quote :
@Balla you should add wonder why I got ARMS with only a Arcade mode for Single Player.

Erm.....because it's fun and you can still play local multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 10:39

Local Multiplayer wasn't a step though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 10:52

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 11:07

I would make it "Decided to support a new Nintendo franchise on day one". One of the big criticisms Nintendo face is that they rely on Mario, Zelda and Pokémon (completely ignoring the massive innovations that exist within those franchises), so, as Nintendo fans, we should be trying to get behind games like ARMS. I'm not saying that criticising it isn't valid, but more stuff is promised after launch, so there's a strong chance the game will get better as time goes by, just like Splatoon before it.

In other news, I licked my Puyo Puyo Tetris cart yesterday. Given all the stories about the taste, I was expecting it to be totally abhorrent... and it was just fairly unpleasant. I've certainly tasted worse things - carnations, for example. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 11:19

...why were you eating carnations?

Think you've missed the point of that post slightly Mas old chap.  Also I will definitely be trying out some local multiplayer on ARMS, as well as getting the most I can out of single-player, and supporting Ninty with their interesting new game.

In other other news, 'Nintendo has no new franchises' recently became my least favourite Nintendo cliché, beating out long-running champion, 'Nintendo is for kids.'  'Nintendo has no games' is an outside contender, since the Wii U gave at least some justification to that argument and the Switch hasn't yet disproved it entirely; but it's the one I hear the most, and I get the feeling it's going to be working its way up the leagues very soon.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 11:23

I've had ARMS preordered since you could on Amazon and seems really good and hope it is the Switches Splatoon but I know I'm going to get the most out of it from Multiplayer online due things like the continued updates and if I wasn't planning to play online then I may not bother with it.

Which I thought applied to you a bit Balla based on what you've said about Splatoon.

I did the taste with Skylanders, video up on NSG.

Switch doesn't have real games Balla as indies, retro, eShop, re-releases don't count.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 13:51

I'm very pleased with the switch's fake games catalogue, particularly zelda.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 17:52

Um, actually, that was on Wii U, you cuck.

I think Spla2n will be Switch's Splatoon. I'm expecting it to do crazy numbers. 1/3rd of Wii U owners bought the original, and I'm confident Switch will smash Wii U's sales. I think ARMS will do okay, but I don't think it'll tap into a culture and a gap in the market in quite the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next