We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:23

I thought the same about a week ago when playing Sonic Mania then NLife went and wrote an article on it the next day about a D-Pad Joy-Con.

I do know we're getting the opposite with this
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 61K5XPuXMkL._SL1000_.0
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 10:40

Double Post

As NBA 2K18 seems it has been delayed physically but unlike the rumours it might not be due to card sizes but will require a SD Card for an install and have a download as well.

This sort of thing happened at the end of the 360 with GTAV and I remembered we had to put signs up at work saying you need a certain amount of memory on your 360 to play the game as certain models wouldn't be able to play game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyThu 19 Oct 2017 - 17:13

I'm sure you've all seen the news of the system update today.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/massive_nintendo_switch_system_update_-_version_4_0_0_-_adds_video_capture_and_more

As nice as it is to finally see video capture added to the Switch it's a shame it's only available for select games (for now I assume) & for 30 second clips, I'd personally like to see this bumped up to 2 minutes so you have more room to capture what you want. The transferring of user/sava data between Switch's & pre-purchasing/loading e shop games is ace though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyThu 19 Oct 2017 - 18:07

It can only improve, hopefully we get live streaming etc eventually.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyThu 19 Oct 2017 - 18:13

True, but it would've been nice to see the video capture feature work system wide when launched rather than have to wait for improvements that could come in another 6 months or more.

EDIT: Even though it's by no means an absolute must have thing for a console I've grown used to having this on ps4 & it just sucks that it's so limited.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyThu 19 Oct 2017 - 21:24

It's a good start, in my view. Hopefully The Rollout will be quick - I'm well keen to get some footage out there, particularly on the forum account. Love

Having said that, I couldn't get the update this morning. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyFri 20 Oct 2017 - 19:38

I'm surprised that the feature only launched on the big first party games - I would have thought it was a console based feature and wouldn't need to be actually implemented into the software itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySat 21 Oct 2017 - 0:05

Theory: Nintendo aren't willing to implement it on a game until they've thoroughly checked that nothing can be uploaded which isn't wholesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySat 21 Oct 2017 - 0:48

Yet they added it to ARMS... and they know how the Internet reacted to some of that game's characters. Suspect

On another note, it seems they've updated the activity log - it'll start logging it from an hour's playtime, which is pretty neat! Anything less than an hour still gets the "a little while" treatment though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySat 21 Oct 2017 - 12:36

Limited Run Games have been approved by Nintendo with the first game coming in early 2018.

This pleases me as I much prefer physical games and I like collecting games, some people however have come a little annoyed with LRG as like what TSmurf have said before about amiibo they go up for Order and they're gone.

I'm not as bothered as some as the name Limited Run sort of gives it away.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySun 22 Oct 2017 - 15:36

The recording thing's an odd one, but also something I wish had been out when I was playing BotW. So many moments I would have loved to capture. Bring on the story DLC I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySun 22 Oct 2017 - 16:28

Balladeer wrote:
The recording thing's an odd one, but also something I wish had been out when I was playing BotW.  So many moments I would have loved to capture.  Bring on the story DLC I suppose.

Yup, maybe that's what bugs me the most as the games that use it currently I don't play a whole lot of anymore.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptySun 22 Oct 2017 - 20:40

They frustratingly haven't put the recording feature in Fire Emblem Warriors which worries me that it won't be in Oddysey come launch (although this is probably good news for Drunka).

The news of LRG doing the Switch is both exciting and annoying at the same time for the reason that I know I won't be able to get them all.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:00

Do you think no Fire Emblem Warriors capture as its sort of 3rd party game like Mario and Rabbids? Fire Emblem Warriors is published by Nintendo unlike Mario and Rabbids which Ubisoft published though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 15:08

I was speaking to Jay about this last night and it's just Nintendo being overly cautious because they themselves have never had this feature before (I'm not going to count wii U MKTV) so despite the success a feature like this has had on the other formats they want to annoyingly test it first.

Nintendolife wrote:

The article mentions that Nintendo is reportedly planning to keep the feature restricted to 30 seconds until all first-party games support the new video capture function. From there, Nintendo will personally approach developers who have used its characters (such as Ubisoft with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) to get on board too.

That quote just makes it all the more bizarre for me as I can't imagine any dev not wanting to have this feature in their game as if it's a type of game where you can pull off cool things then people will be uploading plenty clips to social media basically advertising your game for you in the process.

I personally would have accepted the 30 second limit for now if the feature was just system wide.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 19:42

I find it odd in that the photo capture is available for all in that case, I don't see how that would be any different in terms of uncharted waters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:35

That's an excellent point but only Nintendo will have an answer to that and I doubt they'll say anything on it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 22:14

Maybe Miiverse was their trial run at photo capture to put on a social network? Now they're happy with it, it's time to take the training wheels off and get shots onto Twitter, Facebook, etc. There's been no video capture before, though, so, training wheels back in place. A lot of the time I wish they were more brave. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 22:19

SMTV is the Shin Megami Tensei coming to Switch, I've never played one and I don't think they're connected like with the Persona, Final Fantasy games meaning I can jump right in.

If that comes out in 2018 and the Tales game is a proper one from Namco plus Xeno 2 in Dec, Fire Emblem 2018, Inazuma Ares, Lost Sphear and hopefully Pokemon it could be a great 12 months for RPGs on Switch starting in November with Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 20:35

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 Maxresdefault

The recent Switch system update also added the ability to use the gamecube controller adapter, do you reckon this is them planning ahead for GC VC or a hint at future Smash bros? I hope it's both.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 21:18

Is that Good News? I must admit, I don't get people's fetishisation of the GC controller. Yes it was decent, but there are others that have come out that are perfectly serviceable. Move on.

That said, if we do get both of those things I'll be a happy chappy indeed.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 21:38

I could easily say why get mad/annoyed at folk liking it & having the option to use one? I actually think the Switch pro controller is even more comfortable than the GC pad but if VC becomes a thing on Switch I'd use the latter for that authentic feel.

So for that alone it would be good news for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 21:41

I'm not mad, I just don't think it's particularly good news - for me at least. If other people are chuffed about it, good for them. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 22:27

It means I suddenly have 4 switch controllers, and don't have to buy another set of Joy-Cons just yet. Dance
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 EmptyTue 24 Oct 2017 - 22:33

Hopefully both Smash and GCVC? It's about time for the latter, that's for sure. I agree with Jas that the pad is not as good as the Switch Pro Controller - which is an immense piece of kit, though. Happy that my investment in the GameCube controller adapter has had its life extended. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next