Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disgaea 5 Complete

Go down 
+2
JayMoyles
fronkhead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Disgaea 5 Complete  Empty
PostSubject: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 21:52

One of the first games to be confirmed for North American release (on the 13th, I believe), this finally has a page on Nintendo UK's website!

Disgaea 5 Complete  D5c_3d-le---esrb-rnf_2

So, er, yeah, I wish this were out at launch like with the Japanese lineup, as I'd like a portable-friendly strategy game to get my teeth stuck into when out and about.

It looks like a great port, though the impression I get is that Disgaea 5 isn't as good as Disgaea 4, probably because key staff at NIS left back in 2013. I hope it's still a solid strategy game, and it's one of those games that you have to get just to support it - would love to see more NIS games on Switch. Surprised they didn't do a quick port of Yomawari too. That'd have been the sort of game that'd benefit from launch window exposure, surely?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 22:28

I've never played a Disgaea game, but I do like me some strategy RPG goodness, so it could end up seeing a look from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 23:18

A bit like Jay, I've never played one of these... but I've seen the name go round the RPG enthusiasts I follow on The Twitter a few times and have experienced intrigue. An eye on proceedings, I will keep. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 9:17

I've never got on with the Disgaea series, always felt that it rewarded grinding over strategy & that grinding is at the heart of the game. I'd highly recommend you check out a much cheaper version first Jay, many issues I have with modern Fire Emblem are core to the Disgaea series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 12:35

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I've never got on with the Disgaea series, always felt that it rewarded grinding over strategy...

...I might actually prefer this to the FEs then. Very Happy Depends how much grinding, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 12:57

This will be a great port as Fronk says as NIS pretty much said its coming to Switch instead of VITA due to the fact they can just port it right over from PS4 with no issues.

They also went on saying they've got more games planned for the Switch instead of the VITA now, I think I will pick it up if it comes out at a good time in April Winky Face .
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:22

With great respect to Andy - whom I respect greatly -

DIGRESSION ALERT: That made me sound more like Trump than I thought it would. Sorry, all. Aww!

I love grinding. That's made me even more keen on it, if anything!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 8:56

May 26, 2017 guys put it in your calenders. I'm pleased it is missing April as now I've got a nice spread of games with Zelda & a few other games in March, Mario Kart 8D & Puyo Tetris in April, then this is in May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 5 Complete    Disgaea 5 Complete  Empty

Back to top Go down

Disgaea 5 Complete
Page 1 of 1