We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:46

masofdas wrote:
Watched all of Season 3 of Castlevania yesterday, Banger!

As Netflix newbies, we're only just onto Season 2. Belmont and Alucard bickering warms the heart.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyTue 31 Mar 2020 - 21:37

Glad you're liking Balla

I watched Picard today and it was enjoyable but have to agree about the ending.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 17:03

Finished The Grand Tour on Prime the other day. It's been years since I'd watched Top Gear, and while it took the lads a season to get their feet back on the ground fully Grand Tour was great. Especially the road trips, which were even better than the top gear ones (which were already fantastic).

Might give Good Omens a look next.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:13

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Watched all of Season 3 of Castlevania yesterday, Banger!

As Netflix newbies, we're only just onto Season 2.  Belmont and Alucard bickering warms the heart.

I loved Season Two! Eager to hear your thoughts when you're done. I need to get back to Season Three - think AC:NH distracted me!

I checked out a few episodes of The Grand Tour when it launched. I liked the fact they visited different locations across the series, but I can't remember any of the features they ran. Maybe I need to check out the bigger road trip episodes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 10:09

Yeah Castlevania S3 is proper goodun. It's ending is questionable but overall very strong series, long may it continue.

We've just been Watching Booklyn 99, which as ever is great. I also started the final season of Bojack. Boo-hoo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 11:29

My family resubscribed to Netflix so im catching up on stuff i missed - stranger things 3, witcher, star trek discovefy 2, better call saul . . .

Bojack Horseman is my first priority though, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 13:30

I re-watched all of Peep Show. God, that show is so relentlessly funny and perfectly written. The final series showed that they were running out of ideas so I'm glad it ended.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 10:39

I work with one other Brit, a Canadian with a British dad and a bunch of Americans*. I have one other Peep Show fan, one I'm trying to convert and some absolutely hopeless cases.

*Plus, like, 40 Japanese folks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 2:10

I've never got around to watching the last series of Peep Show. Maybe one day.

I've been enjoying the hell out of the current series of Better Call Saul. I think the ending to the most recent episode was one of the tensest moments in TV that I've experienced in recent memory. I'm also digging the third series of Westworld. After a somewhat disappointing second season, this is definitely a return to form. Easy recommendation for those that haven't jumped on board yet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 12:43

I still haven't started Westworld. I should probably try that.

Currently very much enjoying the Witcher, Stranger Things and Better Call Saul.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 2:58

Oh, definitely! Season One is top notch TV - easily up there with some of the best shows around.

BCS's finale was excellent and I'm beyond gutted that I'll need to wait quite some time for Series 6 now. Quality cliffhanger to end it on.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 14:07

Peep Show <3

Final season is still good but yeah glad it ended

I watch the Christmas and New Year episodes every year
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:15

I finished Stranger Things 3 at the weekend. It was great, I really love all the characters and their interactions, but I think as an overall work the first season is still so far beyond what the other two achieved. The more this show expands its scope and its lore, the less clear I am on what the show actually is.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:33

I just... didn't like the kids as teenagers as much. Meh Also the villain wasn't presented as well: dark clouds > meat sculpture.  Still good fun though.

On the topic of shows that have been raved about for ages but which I've just got around to watching, Westworld!  That's a thing.  Honestly though I'm enjoying Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries more though: an Australia crime procedural set in the 1920s about a detective with Big Feminist Energy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 13:13

Balladeer wrote:
I just... didn't like the kids as teenagers as much.

Max and Eleven are great, Dustin and Steve are the best duo on TV, Nancy and Jonathan were always boring, and the other three boys . . . I don't like them as teenagers but I really believe them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 13:20

Buskalilly wrote:
...Dustin and Steve are the best duo on TV...

Bang on. Dustin & Steve are exempt from my scathing generalisation.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:55

I'm firmly in the, they should have stopped at 1, camp. I know, I'm that guy. But I really do think the quality difference is night and day.

I thought S3 was better than S2, which from memory seemed to regurgitate far too much of the S1 highlight reel but that opinion could definitely change if I watch them all again. Still, I strongly disliked how S3 wrote Hopper, who doesn't come across well at all to put it super mildly. Mike turns into a raging asshole too.  

Steve's storyline is great though and the Soviet guy injected some much needed life into Nancy's dull plot. Best decision they made was not killing off Steve in S1, which I hear was the original plan before they were swayed by his excellent performances hair

It's still a fun show, I just can't say I'm that interested in it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 5:24

I'm interested enough that I'll watch the next season, but I'm not chomping at the bit.

On the other hand, I just watched the final episode of Bojack Horseman this morning. It is, without a doubt, my favourite television series ever made. By turns hilarious and soul-crushingly depressing, and somehow absolutely absurd and painfully real all at once. It took me on a real journey, with a cast of characters I loved so much even when, occasionally, I hated them. The show had so much to say about showbusiness, depression, alcoholism, celebrity, politics, morality and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 18:22

I introduced my girlfriend to Community this week, which has quickly turned into our go to show for watching while we eat. Can't believe she hadn't even heard of it before!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 May 2020 - 19:14

Cool. Cool cool cool. Thumbs Up!

I'm due a Community rewatch myself. I watched the series as it came out back in uni and I don't think I've even seen S6 yet. Andy will frequently reference some episode of the show and I've next to no memory of what he's on about. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2020 - 10:26

I've started on Community myself. It's one of them shows that is easy to watch and thankfully only 20 minutes long. Much more digestible than the ten series of Benidorm I've just finished, which were often 45 minute episodes. I really enjoy Benidorm and I gave it a rewatch as my sister has just moved there with her Spanish fella - it was definitely a couple of seasons too long though. They just ended up putting a celebrity in it each episode, but I love that Joan Collins is in it, a legit Hollywood legend.

Has anyone stuck with Ozark? I've watched 18 episodes and I've given up, and I think it's because I don't care about any of the characters. They are all arseholes, even the kids.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2020 - 20:08

Agreed on the episode lengths. We have about six shows on the go and they all have 40+-minute episodes - not great for when you want to fit something in quickly before bed, say. The exception is Brooklyn 99, but frankly Boyle has put us off it a bit. That's what podcasts are for I suppose... #listentotheMagnusArchivesallofyou
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2020 - 20:28

No offense gJones but people watch benidorm, looks like absolute drivel that the likes of my Nan would think is funny
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2020 - 22:27

masofdas wrote:
No offense gJones but people watch benidorm, looks like absolute drivel that the likes of my Nan would think is funny

I enjoy it - it definitely panders to an older, more working-class audience that grew up on Two Ronnies, Morecambe & Wise and even the jokes that are in the likes of Bottom. Jokes that rely on wordplay, miscommunication and double entendres. I can see why you might think it "looks absolute drivel" but it's often poking fun at the absurd behaviour of English tourists abroad. Maybe I connect with it, having family in Spain and visited the country countless times on family all-inclusive holidays in the late 90s, but it's easy to see why it is, well was, so popular. But it should have ended after season 7 or 8.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2020 - 2:33

Balladeer wrote:
Brooklyn 99[i], but frankly Boyle has put us off it a bit

WHAT!? I love Boyle!

I just recently finished the most recent season of B99. It's still nice, light fun. I'm [i]really
curious to see what they do with the next season though. The show has always been pretty woke and dealt with real issues, but what does a fun little sitcom about the Police look like in 2020/ 2021?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next