Tundrabolts and Lightning

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 22:32

I find him... a bit much. Close friendship is great but it gets nauseating with him. Also it doesn't feel like he's had a lot of development, unlike Jake who is still kooky but no longer unbearably so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Vote Thread
Rum

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 20:53

Has anyone else watched High Score on Netflix? I finished it last night. It features a few things I knew about (such as the story of ET, and Miyamoto telling the StarFox devs "this space shooter would be more fun with woodland creatures in it") but a lot that I didn't, and features a good bit of representation from women, people of colour, and LGBT+ communities. I actually first heard about it from my sister excitedly texting about how Roberta Williams came on screen and she recognised her before they'd introduced her - we played a LOT of King's Quest in our house as kids.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
gjones
Disciple of Overton
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 21:20

Yeah I watched them - the Doom one was particularly good seeing how Doom had links to Mario 3. The StreetFighter and Sonic episodes were cool, but also mildly depressing. Might just be me, but they felt more about the people than about the games, which I guess is interesting but I'd rather they dived more into what made the game great, rather than who.

I've binged all five series of Line of Duty, an excellent bent cop drama on IPlayer and Netflix. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Vote Thread
Rum

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 21:34

@gjones wrote:
Yeah I watched them - the Doom one was particularly good seeing how Doom had links to Mario 3. The StreetFighter and Sonic episodes were cool, but also mildly depressing. Might just be me, but they felt more about the people than about the games, which I guess is interesting but I'd rather they dived more into what made the game great, rather than who.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - I wonder if it's because talking about the games more would make it more of a niche thing, rather than relatable to a wider audience?

In the Sega one I just kept thinking "it's so funny they went from being the underdog to a huge competitor in the 90s, and then it all just changed so rapidly at the turn of the century".
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
gjones
Disciple of Overton
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 23:00

Yeah, what's funny is that SEGA was really only ahead for a couple of years, if that. 1992-1994 - didn't the SNES end up outselling the Mega Drive? Saturn flopped and Dreamcast did well for the 18 months it was around, but was too little too late. From "toppling" Nintendo, to effectively bankrupt in the space of 6 years. Now that's a series that needs to be made - an in depth look at the fall from grace that saw SEGA leave the hardware industry.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 0:11

The SNES outsold the Mega Drive by about 20m in the end, but the MD did have better success in Europe & RotW but guess back then those were small markets unlike now.

SEGA has a interesting history and as a big fan I do find it funny lot blame Sony for the downfall with the PS2 yet so much went wrong before that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11