We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 20:58

Carpets > Shenmue 3. Let us know how it fits Jimbob! (And how it plays Mas I suppose.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2019 - 17:37

masofdas wrote:

Just it's looked bad ever since we've seen gameplay, suzuki hasn't made a game in years which you can tell from what we've seen.

Then this year I played Kingdom Hearts III which has a far bigger budget & team behind it, that I
turned out to be underwhelming

If we ever see Half Life 3 (I don't care myself) wouldn't be shocked if that's underwhelming.

Let's just hope Beyond Good & Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Metroid Prime 4 are all good.

Lighten up, mate. Waited 18 years for another Shenmue. The whole premise is that it will feel like a game from 2002, I don't expect anybody believes it will be a great 2019 game. It's not supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2019 - 17:41

Think spending $160 on Shenmue III, I can voice my concerns about the game.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:25

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Just it's looked bad ever since we've seen gameplay, suzuki hasn't made a game in years which you can tell from what we've seen.

Then this year I played Kingdom Hearts III which has a far bigger budget & team behind it, that I
turned out to be underwhelming

If we ever see Half Life 3 (I don't care myself) wouldn't be shocked if that's underwhelming.

Let's just hope Beyond Good & Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Metroid Prime 4 are all good.

Lighten up, mate. Waited 18 years for another Shenmue. The whole premise is that it will feel like a game from 2002, I don't expect anybody believes it will be a great 2019 game. It's not supposed to be.

I've always thought Shenmue III was being targeted towards the folks that played the originals back in the day and heard a take that suggested this is pretty much what we would have got if it came out back in the Xbox/PS2 era, albeit with an extra lick of paint. It's absolutely not for me, but guys like Huber from Easy Allies and formerly of GameTrailers show that the fact that it exists is a great thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:33

Sure but look at Bloodstained that was clearly targeted at Castlevania fans and turned out great.

Then on the end of the spectrum you've got Duke Nukem Forever which took almost as long as Shenmue III to come out, and it was crap and played like it should have come out in 1999.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:50

Bloodstained was always going to be pretty good as SOTN still holds up as a masterpiece even 20 years on. Again, I've not played Shenmue, but haven't they always had a hokey air about them? I reckon most knew that Shenmue III was never going to be a 90+ Metacritic darling.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 13:25

JayMoyles wrote:
Bloodstained was always going to be pretty good as SOTN still holds up as a masterpiece even 20 years on. Again, I've not played Shenmue, but haven't they always had a hokey air about them? I reckon most knew that Shenmue III was never going to be a 90+ Metacritic darling.

When the first one came out it was the most polished & detailed game world I had ever played but it's not like it stayed that way for very long, in fact I think games that released on other formats a year or two later blew it out the water in that regard.

gjones wrote:

I don't buy that for a second, sure folk will want it to have all the quirky stuff that makes it a Shenmue game through and through but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a game that's been created over the last few years to have a certain type of polish. But with that said if you have a certain attachment to the series you can probably let some stuff slide.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 13:35

GTA III was the next big one after Shenmue, which always gets the laudits over it.

Jas you said it better than me, why I brought up Bloodstained and Duke Nukem.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2019 - 19:44

I'm just remembering that Shenpoo joke someone (I think Jim?) told and I'm giggling all over again.

This has been Balla's useful contribution to the conversation. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 15:05

Balladeer wrote:
I'm just remembering that Shenpoo joke someone (I think Jim?) told and I'm giggling all over again.
I really hope it was someone else.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2019 - 18:49

Quite nice at the Oxfam in Linlithgow: 

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 IMG_20191125_182415696_zpshijc6cvp

I've never been interested in it (and because of that old Too Many Games promo, I've got a digital copy that's gone undownloaded for about six years). But, it's for charity, and with Gift Aid too.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 2:37

Been a while since I've actually bought leisure items.  In an era where screen media has gone to the hounds of hell books will always have your back!

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 20191110
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 21:36

Imagine having a son called 'Brent Weeks'. Dear Lord. I think I'd call social services on the parents.

(Yes I'm aware it's likely a pseudonym. At least, I hope it's a pseudonym after saying that...)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2019 - 21:49

Balladeer wrote:
Imagine having a son called 'Brent Weeks'.  Dear Lord.  I think I'd call social services on the parents.

(Yes I'm aware it's likely a pseudonym.  At least, I hope it's a pseudonym after saying that...)

No - actual name!
In all fairness you've kind of knackered if your last name is Weeks. He could have at least married a Mexican woman, then he could have called his son Juan. Bare Naked Ladies fan.

Sorry Athers, you didn't highlight those purchases in order for us to laugh at the author's name. How are things so far?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2019 - 23:26

I almost feel bad now. If Mr. Weeks sets up an account I will apologise wholeheartedly and buy all his books.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptySun 1 Dec 2019 - 14:41

I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with a case but the book cover shutting doesn't work on the new 2019 versions which is a tad daft. Picked up some games on Xbox store which I didn't really need but I think I'll end up with £60 (More if you go with the RRP, not sale price) worth of games due to voucher for £43.

Mainly to play Assassins Creed Rogue remastered for some reason always fancied playing this one and the other big one being Castlevania Collection, which gives me like 13 games in the series to play on Xbox One.

I really need to sit down and go through them one by one like Jay did or was doing with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 4 Dec 2019 - 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 0:27

That would probably go a lot quicker and not involve anywhere near as much fatigue as playing through many, many JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 17:35

And iPad & a keyboard! Applause
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 22:12

Damn it ricey boy thats not the same as a laptop you can record podcasts on Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 11:45

[quote="Jimbob"]
Balladeer wrote:
Sorry Athers, you didn't highlight those purchases in order for us to laugh at the author's name. How are things so far?

Heh that's nothing. Back when I bought the last seasons of Burn Notice, well, you can probably guess what puns got made there.

Yeah, it's a good read so far (those were the last three of a five-book series, had the first two on the shelf for a while). Good worldbuilding and characters (I'm a sucker for charismatic morally ambiguous protagonists and Gavin is the perfect balance between likeability and moral ambiguity), and some pretty good twists too. Got all the things you want in your epic fantasy and, so far (two-third through the second book) balances everything just right.

It's what the doctor ordered after I finished Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings whereupon the finale essentially tore my heart from my chest, showed it to me, then crushed it (you know an author did something right though when you're left with an actual sense of mourning for a character).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 19:55

Excellent! Glad he's battled past his inherent disadvantages to write some good books. (I'll stop being mean now.)

Crumpy Andy wrote:
And iPad & a keyboard! Applause

BEST PURCHASE IN THE THREAD
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyFri 6 Dec 2019 - 13:32

IT FINALLY ARRIVED!

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 ELC3IYqXkAA-UID?format=jpg
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptySat 7 Dec 2019 - 11:40

Love Lovely!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptySun 15 Dec 2019 - 10:34

The first Trails of Cold Steel game. Figured after the "game of the decade" thread's discussion and the sale of half-price on psn it was time to get started. The time's right for another long jrpg anyway, I'm in the right mood. The moons have finally aligned.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 14:02

Not me, but my girlfriend bought our first Pokemon Plushie: Sobble. I enjoy trying to make it stand up, before it slowly but surely falls over, looking comically unimpressed throughout.

This one is me though: Spirit Island & the Branch & Claw expansion. I'm super into board games now, and this is a very complex but super good cooperative anti-colonial game in which each player assumes the role of an island spirit and tries to repel the invading colonial powers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next