We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:23

Diablo in December then is maybe also couldn't you play something with her and her not with you, if that makes sense.

I'm still playing nothing on Switch
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:24

That's potentially a pretty good shout actually - cheers Mas! Will inquire. She's also interested in Cat Quest 2, because cats. 🐱

I... don't think it does make sense though. Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:28

Well you would like her to play CO-OP games on Switch is what I gather but why don't you play games with her on whatever she uses now if it's PC which I'm taking a guess at based on Divinity that might be harder said then done as I've got no idea about local co-op on PC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 22:09

Ahhhhh. She generally plays co-op stuff like that online with someone else who has a similarly specced PC, and I'm guessing that my five-year-old MacBook would not be able to run the same games. Aww!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:24

Balladeer wrote:
LCU might fit the bill, but I heard it had problems on Switch?

The loading is better than on WiiU from what I gather, and I played it through to completion, but it definitely isn't shy of crashing. It got noticeably worse in the post-game for me which is why I never 100%edit, so I figure it gets worse the more you have completed. Not sure if got any more patches to make things better.

It's still great fun mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 15:36

Celeste

I finished the chapter called reflection last night and I can see why so many on here were raving about it, it's just an absolute gem of a game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 17:57

Balladeer wrote:
Ahhhhh.  She generally plays co-op stuff like that online with someone else who has a similarly specced PC, and I'm guessing that my five-year-old MacBook would not be able to run the same games. Aww!

Ahh, well if Jay sees this he may no about local co-op on PC which I don't.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 18:59

Let me know, Jay!  In - if necessary - the depths of Nontendo. Afraid

The_Jaster wrote:
Celeste

I finished the chapter called reflection last night and I can see why so many on here were raving about it, it's just an absolute gem of a game.

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 Fb8

Glad you like it, Jas!  After a couple of flops/'it's alright's on here and GRcade I was worried I'd overhyped it.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 19:49

Downloaded Rocket League off the eShop last night (I am buying too many games because I've been starved of them over the past year, I can't help myself!) and ended up playing it online for a few hours rather than going to bed. It was a lot of fun, even though I'm not very good, and potentially never will be, and I'm hoping to try out the local multiplayer one day because I think that would be a riot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 20:21

Can confirm that last part. One of the best local multiplayer games on a machine bursting with them. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 20:47

Aye ye can't go wrong with a bit of Rocket league.

Balla wrote:
Glad you like it, Jas! After a couple of flops/'it's alright's on here and GRcade I was worried I'd overhyped it.

You did go a bit daft to be fair Laughing but I do like seeing that about a game from time to time - also mad to think I'm worried about what the ending of the story might be for a platforming game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:41

Balladeer wrote:
Let me know, Jay!  In - if necessary - the depths of Nontendo. Afraid

Afraid I won't be much help here - it's been far too long since I played on PC and I didn't play much of anything in co-op even when I was using Steam. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 9:02

Boo

The_Jaster wrote:
You did go a bit daft to be fair Laughing but I do like seeing that about a game from time to time - also mad to think I'm worried about what the ending of the story might be for a platforming game.

It’s the only 2D platformer I’ve really loved since SML on the original Game Boy.  I think that surprise, as much as anything, was why I talked it up as much as I did.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:53

If anything I think Balla underhyped it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 21:42

To tide me over until Valkyria Chronicles 4's release tomorrow I got myself Risk of Rain from the eshop, and it's really good. I've not unlocked any of the classes other than the one you start with, but he's incredibly satisfying to play with. It's only £9 so It's definitely worth picking up if you have a spare tenner around and enjoy roguelikes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:31

I played a fair wee bit of that on PC! I found it pretty fun, all told, but I never really got to that exciting stage in a roguelike where you've reached a skill level where you're consistently getting great runs.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 20:38

Downloaded West of Loathing a few days ago - already owned it on Steam but I've never really gotten on with gaming on my laptop so I double dipped. Makes me laugh constantly, and as someone who played Kingdom of Loathing many years ago, I'm pleased the Loathing universe still exists.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 21:42

I've heard a surprising amount of chatter about that game which surprised me as it looked a bit low-rent in my eyes - what's it about and how does it play?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:03

JayMoyles wrote:
I've heard a surprising amount of chatter about that game which surprised me as it looked a bit low-rent in my eyes - what's it about and how does it play?

I have tweeted you some screenshots I've taken as I've played that have made me laugh out loud, so that's a good start.

Essentially it's a parody of browser-based RPGs, and I find it hilarious. The premise is that you are seeking your fortune in the Wild West, but it's the writing that makes it brilliant. It is low-rent, but then it stems from Kingdom of Loathing which in itself was a free, low-rent, stick figure, multiplayer online RPG, so it's deliberately so. The writing is top-quality. I don't really know how to describe it properly. It isn't really like anything I've played before. You can try Kingdom of Loathing though, it still exists and is still free. That would give you an idea of the humour. West of Loathing plays differently though in that you're actually moving a character around and interacting with NPCs directly.

The in-game currency is Meat. My character class is a Beanslinger. Towns have been ravaged by demonic cows. There's a whole side quest in a literal ghost town (the buildings and the characters are all ghosts) where you have to secure a ghost permit from the ghost bureaucrats using the correct ghost pencil. It's great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:09

Those screenshots were great! Chuckled at a couple of them - the writing is much better than its visuals let on. The fact it stems from a browser-based RPG explains a lot as it reminded me of a lot of the guff you'd see on Newgrounds back in the day and I didn't fancy parting with cash for an experience like that. It sounds like its strengths lie with its writing and zaniness, and I can definitely get behind that. I'll chuck it on the Wishlist and keep an eye out for it being a part of a sale. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:09

That actually does sound really good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:52

Yes, that does sound pretty- (backlog groans accusingly)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:58

Yuuuuuup! I also don't help myself when I beat a Switch game then I only play PES/Siege for a week or 2 before deciding what to start next.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:59

I'll be you when SSBU comes out Jas. At least you don't have the 'let's start a new game - ooh I know, how about a massive Japanese adventure' problem too!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 19:45

Anyone played Arena of Valor? Also is anyone planning to get Wandersong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next