We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:21

Move over BotW, we have a new Game Of All Time. Applause
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 1:16

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd never heard of Horizon Chase before - thanks for saying, mas.

I've heard about Slain though. Everything sounds excellent about that, except for how difficult it supposedly is, which puts me off fully. 😕

It is quite hard but the checkpoints have been good so far, I'll let you know if that changes.  

Yeah, please do! Slain has been on my radar for quite a while now thanks to its visual style, so I'd be keen to hear if it plays well too.

I read recently on Andrew Gilmour's (he's the creator, designer and artist for Slain) twitter that the games he's making are how he remembers them visually but giving them current and up to date controls. They are very easy to pick up and play but the only thing I'm not too keen on is the dodge being a back dash though since it also has a parry system I have never felt I've had to rely on using the dodge in the few hours I've played.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:17

I'm playing smash, obviously, but I'm doing it on the fancy pants smash pro pad which is wonderful; so much more enjoyable than the dog controller.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:07

Is that based around the GC pad? I'm guessing so, given the Smash community's focus around the 2001 version where you couldn't even play as Wario.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:16

I think he means this one

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 2Q==

That is something I've not thought about till now, if/when I get SMASHU I'm going to need to pick up the adapter to use my GameCube Contoller.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:20

I was tempted to get the gc controller, but I've been meaning to get the pro for ages and the smash edition was only a little bit extra so I ponied up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:56

Looks alright! Probably better than the GC controller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:00

Baubleadeer wrote:
Looks alright!  Probably better than the GC controller.

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:15

I've went for using the Switch pro controller in SSBU as well, as I just don't want to be messing about the GC adapter and cables and after customising my controls it is superb.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 22:14

The Pro Controller is a sexy piece of kit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 20:55

The Pro Controller is brilliant for Smash. I think the only real benefit that the Gamecube controller has now is that in a tournament environment it's always better to have a wired pad rather than wireless as people forgetting to desync from the console or connecting back to a Switch setup by accident is something that can occur.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 21:01

That, and the Smash pro community is so wedded to Mêlée, and by extension the GC era when most of them probably first picked up a pad, that they refuse to move on. That's my theory anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 21:04

You'd be surprised at exactly how few SSBM players are playing the new game. They're wedded to the game, but I'd say they play a minimal role in the continuing lifespan of the GC controller. I'd point the finger at SSBB as the GC controller was clearly the best way to play that. So, from SSBM to SSB4, that's a 13 year window in which people have played Smash with one style of controller... not exactly hard to see why that pad has persisted throughout the years!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 21:06

Don't forget the GameCube controller is the best ever.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 0:12

I'm interested to find out if ultimate, ultimately (harhar) ends up picking the pro mantle in the way Balla assumed. I can't see the next smash having such a roster, especially given the guests, so I wonder if that diversity might keep people around.

I'm guessing no, but melee has a much smaller roster. I'm sure some pros were delighted that snake etc made a surprise return.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 0:28

I do follow the pro community and Ultimate is attracting a fair bit of attention from the SSBM crowd. The proof will be in if any of them actually start adding SSBU tournaments. For what it's worth, there's always been a divide between the SSBM crowd and the group that play the latest Smash game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 9:22

I'm a GC Controller man through and through. I've never got on with the layout of abxy on any other control for smash, likely because that's how I learnt. I'm sure I could unlearn if needed, but why bother when I can use the greatest contoller of all time?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 11:05

I will always find the xy placement on Nintendo pads wrong. I know they dun it first but I played xbox and playstation consoles more first. The GC controller, however, is unique enough to help me over that urge to read x and y in xbox/ps terms
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 12:33

I was fine with playing Brawl on the Wii Classic Controller, and I really enjoyed playing SSBWiiU with the Wii U Pro Controller, but to be honest I haven't really gotten along with using the Switch Pro Controller for Smash Ultimate. It's just as well that I bought the Limited Edition with the GameCube stuff, as I think Ultimate is a more controllable, precise and even better game with the GameCube's analog stick.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 15:05

I did spend about ten minutes in the controller options mapping the buttons which I wouldn't have done with the GC pad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 20:27

Muss wrote:
I will always find the xy placement on Nintendo pads wrong. I know they dun it first but I played xbox and playstation consoles more first. The GC controller, however, is unique enough to help me over that urge to read x and y in xbox/ps terms

Can't blame Nintendo for your poor early choices. Naughty Anyway I can't be bothered to dig out my GC pads, I'm happy to learn a new layout!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 20:37

I'm using the 2 Switch JoyCons, and also up on the stick to jump. Is my opinion invalid?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:00

Yes.

In all seriousness I have seen some claim the Joy-cons are the way forward, I've only really used them when playing in handheld mode but I've not had any issues yet. I'll preferably use the Pro Controller because it's brilliant and I can't be faffing around with the Gamecube adapter.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 23:53

Jimbob wrote:
I'm using the 2 Switch JoyCons, and also up on the stick to jump. Is my opinion invalid?

I use the stick jump too! I've tried to force myself to use the button jump as it's apparently "better", but the muscle memory I've built up over, erm, too many hours of Smash 3DS means that I can't do it.

On a side note, has anyone with a Pro Controller figured out if you can rebind what the right analogue stick does? You can change it to tilt attacks with the Gamecube pad and I'd like to do the same with the Pro Controller.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 1:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

I use the stick jump too! I've tried to force myself to use the button jump as it's apparently "better", but the muscle memory I've built up over, erm, too many hours of Smash 3DS means that I can't do it.

On a side note, has anyone with a Pro Controller figured out if you can rebind what the right analogue stick does? You can change it to tilt attacks with the Gamecube pad and I'd like to do the same with the Pro Controller.

Yeah you can change the right stick to tilt attacks on the pro as well, I tried this out to begin with but like you with jump Ive built up too much muscle memory by using the right stick for smash attacks. Plus when you are attacking in the air it defaults to tilts anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next