We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 16:00

Balladeer wrote:
That said, if Monty Mole appears then all will be forgiven, so long as he has the correct theme song.
Why did you put that there? I've just sat for 6 minutes and 37 seconds listening to that now!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 16:39

Jimbob wrote:
Have you mastered all of the characters from the previous games?

This is what makes characters like Snake - who I'd assume after Konami went off the edge would never return - and Wolf making a comeback so exciting to me. I loved those dudes in SSBB so getting an opportunity to master them all over again is brilliant news!

Balladeer wrote:
the correct theme song.

A banger amongst bangers. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 12:27

(very deliberately doesn't say anything about Snake's return)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 12:53

Yeah with Snake being in this means I'm not buying it, well at least not new.

Sorry Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 12:53

...okay that just feels like an overreaction.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 13:05

I just don't want to support that company in any way unless I really have to.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:07

Incredible overreaction Mas, especially considering they've got David Hayter back for this too, which suggests Sakurai had much more leverage on this than Konami. Disappointing take.

Did anyone notice Nintendo put up individual character trailers? Here's a link to all of them compiled together.

My main takeaway from watching that is that the game is visually so impressive. Major leaps and bounds from SSB4.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:13

Still a Konami character and they must get a small cut for licensing out Snake, even if it's a 1p from each copy sold. That's 1p to much when I don't have to aa I can go buy a used copy at some point.

It is great David Hayter is back and Sakurai has that much pulling power.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:47

I know you don't care for the series that much, Mas, so I suspect you'd not have bought it day one anyway; but if you're happy to deprive the developers of their cut for their work in the interest of 1p going to Konami, and think you're doing 'the right thing'... you ain't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 18:56

The developers directly maybe not but Nintendo will still get funds from me around.SMASH be it paying for the Online, buying the new Splatoon amiibo, I might get the GameCube adapter and SMASH Ultimate Edition Controller etc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 19:07

Really interesting quote from Sakurai about why he decided to limit the starting roster to the size of the N64 roster:

Sakurai, translated by way of Source Gaming wrote:
I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster. This will keep the process of unlocking new challengers fun and exciting, but I suppose it’s a bit of a hassle in comparison with other fighting games that allow all players to fight under the same conditions from the get-go.

Personally speaking, I find that, when I pick up a fighting game, I often put it down before I get around to playing all of the different characters. The more characters there are, the more that go untouched, and the less strategic things become, so it’s hard to say that simply adding more characters is a flawless idea. However, Smash is a character-based fighting game, and there are plenty of players out there eagerly awaiting the opportunity to play as their favorite character. I wrestled with this problem quite a bit while deciding whether to include everyone.

Take racing games, for example. Rather than allow players to use any car from the very beginning, I feel it’s more enjoyable from a gaming perspective to have players earn winnings from races and purchase new models that way. This type of game enables players to develop a strong attachment to the cars they acquire. I’ve included a similar process in Smash by which each unlockable fighter is obtained. Collecting every model in driving games is merely a dream for most players, but rest assured: I won’t be doing anything quite that difficult. I’ve come up with several methods for unlocking fighters, so it should be comparatively simple.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 21:22

JayMoyles wrote:
Really interesting quote from Sakurai about why he decided to limit the starting roster to the size of the N64 roster:

Sakurai, translated by way of Source Gaming wrote:
I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster. This will keep the process of unlocking new challengers fun and exciting, but I suppose it’s a bit of a hassle in comparison with other fighting games that allow all players to fight under the same conditions from the get-go.

Personally speaking, I find that, when I pick up a fighting game, I often put it down before I get around to playing all of the different characters. The more characters there are, the more that go untouched, and the less strategic things become, so it’s hard to say that simply adding more characters is a flawless idea. However, Smash is a character-based fighting game, and there are plenty of players out there eagerly awaiting the opportunity to play as their favorite character. I wrestled with this problem quite a bit while deciding whether to include everyone.

Take racing games, for example. Rather than allow players to use any car from the very beginning, I feel it’s more enjoyable from a gaming perspective to have players earn winnings from races and purchase new models that way. This type of game enables players to develop a strong attachment to the cars they acquire. I’ve included a similar process in Smash by which each unlockable fighter is obtained. Collecting every model in driving games is merely a dream for most players, but rest assured: I won’t be doing anything quite that difficult. I’ve come up with several methods for unlocking fighters, so it should be comparatively simple.

Yeah, I think I agree with that. As long as I don't have to play the party mode 50 times to unlock Mega Man, this would be good for me I think!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 2:09

masofdas wrote:
Yeah with Snake being in this means I'm not buying it, well at least not new

For every day after the game launches that you don't buy it, I'm gonna put 100 yen into a Konami pachinko machine.
Your move, Pengers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 8:34

Like Balla said I doubt I would have got at launch anyway as I'm not that keen on it and Snake being in it, just added to the yeah I'm not buying this.

If you all want to support a company that stopped people getting their health insurance and stuff, that's up to you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:06

mas wrote:
If you all want to support a company that stopped people getting their health insurance and stuff, that's up to you.

Laughing WOW!

If it was something that had personally happened to you or someone you actually know then I'm sure we would all understand but it wasn't so it just sounds really petty.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:13

JayMoyles wrote:

Makes sense. I like having unlockables, and a sense of progression.

I'll be honest, though: if allowed I'll being playing through as much of the game as possible as Inkling and BIG RIDDERS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:35

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

Laughing WOW!

If it was something that had personally happened to you or someone you actually know then I'm sure we would all understand but it wasn't so it just sounds really petty.

So you think it's fine then that people would have gone to work and just got those benefits cut
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:41

...okay come on lads, this conversation isn't one that's going to end well, if it ends at all. I know I helped start it, for which I'm sorry, but Jay tried to change the topic. Let's respect that, please.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:43

Sorry Balla, just explaining why I'm not buying the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:48

Balladeer wrote:
...okay come on lads, this conversation isn't one that's going to end well, if it ends at all.  I know I helped start it, for which I'm sorry, but Jay tried to change the topic.  Let's respect that, please.

I actually sat for about 10 mins or so deciding if I wanted to post that or not but I guess it was the wrong choice, I'll DM a reply to mas so we can move on from it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 10:06

Balladeer wrote:
...okay come on lads, this conversation isn't one that's going to end well, if it ends at all.  I know I helped start it, for which I'm sorry, but Jay tried to change the topic.  Let's respect that, please.

Spoilsport. Why do you think I was suddenly interested in this thread?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 13:33

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Makes sense.  I like having unlockables, and a sense of progression.  

I'll be honest, though: if allowed I'll being playing through as much of the game as possible as Inkling and BIG RIDDERS.

I reckon they'll give us access to the newbies pretty quickly.

I wonder how that'll work for online play - did SSBB give you access to the full roster when playing online even if you hadn't unlocked them yet?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 21:21

I don't mind unlocking characters, as long as the requirements are within reason. I'm much more likely to give everyone a go if I get access to them gradually, it's just that there are some characters I definitely want to play as right now Bounce

I hope the online components are ironed out nicely by the time it launches, never had a particularly good time of it on Brawl but I also lived in a shitty old English [not-even-a] town.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 22:54

Did you play any SSB 3DS/Wii U online? It was much smoother than on Wii, albeit with input lag still being a bit of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 18:58

Things I liked about that Direct:

Things I LOVED about that Direct:

Things I didn't like so much:

To sum up - yes I'm excited now.  An E3 presentation wasn't the right place for so much SSBU detail, but this definitely was; and the E3 Direct had tempered my expectations about how much new stuff to expect too.  Despite the lack of all-new content, they seem to be hitting a lot of the right buttons.  I'm so excited I don't think I'll be able to have this as a Christmas game, I may have to sacrifice Let's Go for that.  Top top Direct. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 7 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next