We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 18:06

The main difference is that by the time you're unlocking characters that are locked into some of the more involved dungeons, there's a greater sense of satisfaction in getting that character, as opposed to classic mode.

The Street fighter area was really strong and helped make Ryu seem like a bigger deal. Having meta knight cosplay as vega was fun. You just don't get anything like that from classic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 18:18

What you're saying Muss if I get you right that unlocking characters via WoL is more satisfying then via Classic? Still means that there is effort to unlock them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 18:33

Nah, only some of them are more satisfying than the normal way as they've got dungeons built around them - most of them are just encountered out on the field, but they're no different than getting a challenger approaching screen during normal play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 20:08

Yes. The vast majority are no different to regular play, there are just a few that have a pretty cool route in WoL.

I personally only turned to classic once I was getting burnt out by WoL's length (and really wanted some of the characters I hadn't played before such as bayonetta).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 23:01

I got to actually play some multiplayer, and play on a TV! Even with just split joycon, absolute belter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyTue 1 Jan 2019 - 16:24

But did you clown around in the post battle screen?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyTue 1 Jan 2019 - 20:27

Obligatory Bonsly mention.

masofdas wrote:
How is doing a bunch of the fights and then taking on a character in WoL to unlock them any different to playing a bunch of fights in classic and then taking on a character to unlock them?

While other people have given good reasons, my main gripe isn't about being able to unlock characters via WoL or Classic or indeed standard Smash.  I think that's good, actually: play the mode you enjoy, unlock characters.  My gripe is with them being given away at the end of WoL sessions, or (even more ridiculous) having one sprung on me when I've just lost a Spirit Board battle.  I prefer there being set conditions to unlock each character, but there are a bunch of possible conditions; rather than, after a certain number of fights you get Incineroar.

Anyway, fellas, help me out. Where do I get the spirit to help me ride the train?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 13:30

Also had a bash on Melee today in a used game shop, and man does it feel slow compared to Ultimate!

Muss wrote:
But did you clown around in the post battle screen?

'natch
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 21:14

You know all the competitive die-hards will still find reasons not to graduate though. Rolling Eyes

Found the train! I think I'm halfway through WoL, and still really enjoying it. Had an oddly tough (Ace-level) fight against Cammy!Sheik while trekking up the volcano, although Inkling was possibly not the best choice...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 21:29

Balladeer wrote:
You know all the competitive die-hards will still find reasons not to graduate though. Rolling Eyes

From the ZeRo (not out Zero, natch) streams and videos I've watched he says more melee players are giving Ultimate a go than you'd think.

Balladeer wrote:
Found the train!  I think I'm halfway through WoL, and still really enjoying it.  Had an oddly tough (Ace-level) fight against Cammy!Sheik while trekking up the volcano, although Inkling was possibly not the best choice...

You not a fan of Inkling then?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 0:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 22:19

Balladeer wrote:

Melee will still be popular, but compared to the launch of Smash 4, I've seen a surprising number of SSBM players tweeting out that their goal in 2019 is to stay competitive in SSBM whilst becoming a top player for SSBU, which is really cool. I'm also expecting SSBM to be dropped from Evo this year so we end up with only one Smash title rather than two.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 9:31

That does sound hopeful. Smile Can't say I notice much playability difference between 4 and Ultimate myself, but there you go...

The_Jaster wrote:
You not a fan of Inkling then?

She's my most-used character!  She's fast and powerful and has a good range game, just has her weaknesses.  Needs to find time to refill; to do that, she needs to create distance, and Cammy!Sheik didn't give her that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 19:49

Aye the refill is really the only weakness of Inkling everything else is stupid strong but I guess the harder WoL stages or ones with the right scenario can easily level the playing field, oh quick tip on the refilling ink you don't have to wait until empty to do it just shield and press B to refill at any time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:27

Balladeer wrote:
That does sound hopeful. Smile Can't say I notice much playability difference between 4 and Ultimate myself, but there you go...

Give it a bit more time, then go back and watch some footage of 4. I think the change to how you get launched makes the game feel so much quicker - you rocket away in SSBU but it's almost like you lazily drift away in 4. The overall game feels quicker too and I think that's what drawing the SSBM fans in. The SSBM players wanted to play the newer games - shinier, more characters, more options - but the feel of 4 and especially SSBB turned them away.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:53

Time will tell I suppose...

Jay on the second half of WoL:

The boss battles are pretty good hey? (Galleom aside.) I'm guessing Rathalos reflects how you'd fight one in actual MonHun?

The_Jaster wrote:
...oh quick tip on the refilling ink you don't have to wait until empty to do it just shield and press B to refill at any time.

Went online to find out about that!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:57

Balladeer wrote:
I'm guessing Rathalos reflects how you'd fight one in actual MonHun?

As close as they can make it in Smash! I did think it would have been cool to have a battle with Rathalos, have him escape and have to chase him to another part of his WoL area rather than bump into him before the battle itself - it would have made the overall area feel closer to a hunt. I do enjoy using Deku Nuts as Flash Bomb substitutes and the AC pitfalls as, well, pitfall traps. You can actually kill Rath in the pitfall item and have him do the same death animation as if you kill him in a trap in MH! I wonder if you use Jigglypuff's Lullaby if you'd capture him in a trap at low health...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyFri 4 Jan 2019 - 11:40

Wouldn't mind a few games of this with youse if anybody's free over the weekend 👍
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyFri 4 Jan 2019 - 17:42

I might be free some time late Sunday... but don't wait for me. Not sure how good my connection is, apart from anything else. Do gaming connections need to have good upload speed?

Jay, you lost me halfway through that paragraph. Laughing Anyway, I'm now onto the second section of the second half of WoL (carefully negotiates around spoilers), and it's much better than the first. It's the one to the south-east. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyFri 4 Jan 2019 - 19:17

I'm up for some games this weekend.

Balla, better upload speeds always help but there's no harm in giving it a go when you're free, your connection can't be worse than some of the randos I've played
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptyFri 4 Jan 2019 - 22:24

I'm always down for a few matches. When exactly would we be thinking?

Balla: That area is top notch - one of my favourites in WoL, as you'd expect!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptySat 5 Jan 2019 - 0:09

Count me in too if I don't completely forget about it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 12:01

I'll be free from maybe 7 to half eight? Which I realise isn't actually 'late', as expressed earlier.

PSA: When you reach the second part of WoL, go upwards first. The other areas are much better.

That said, I'm not quite as fond of the second half overall. It's more regimented in its directions, and doesn't have the item usage. Overall less Metroidvania-feeling.

I have unlocked Ridley, K. Rool, and Incineroar now in WoL. They're all belters. I'd prefer Incineroar if its recovery wasn't so bobbins, mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 12:23

I can be available but I've not got many characters unlocked.

I really did think this, Starlink, Quarantine Circular and knowing peeps have Diablo 3 would get me playing Switch but nothing has really stuck
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 13:12

Probably all those astounding walking simulators you've been playing thats stopping you eh? Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 13:35

Not yet this year but hey I can't help if I prefer those sort of games with a strong narrative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 18 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next