Nintendo and Microsoft: Don't Deal with the Google

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Drunkalilly
Prince of Altea
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:21

Do you play many non Nintendo games Duck? I think the rest of the industry would kill to have bugs as "embarassing" as Nintendo. Nobodys face fell off, the game was playable, you really had to go out of your way to access them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:00

Turns out that bug I mentioned couldn't be replicated by Nintendo and may just have been cheap SD cards corrupting people's saves instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Nayru's Wisdom
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:04

Yeah, I'm with Drunka there. I'll concede that having your save data corrupt is scary, but those other silly bugs are absolutely nothing compared to the state that some other games release in. Christ, look at Fallout 76. Nintendo games are renowned for having a level of polish unlike most of the game's industry and the beauty of today's gaming landscape is that the few glitches that remain in the game can be ironed out with a patch.

Onto Balla's post, I genuinely think Sakurai is just meeting up with his game dev pals, but I love the furore that surrounds anything he posts or says in interviews. There's no fanbase more rabid than Smash fans, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 15:34

To be fair SSBU is quite buggy for a Nintendo game, but that just shows the high level of care that goes into Ninty's games normally.

...I said that, and then I thought of the number of early-days SM64 glitches that were found. The one in the Japanese version with Bowser's coins, crawling up the spire and falling into the castle, jumping through a staircase... We just thought they were cool back then. Maybe nothing much has changed. Eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Yoshi
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 16:05

Can't say I've noticed all that much in terms of bugs with SSBU but I'll allow it anyway, this is the same company that only lasy week started development again on Metroid Prime 4 because they weren't happy with it so they obviosuly care about their game being well made more than anyone else.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22