We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:21

Do you play many non Nintendo games Duck? I think the rest of the industry would kill to have bugs as "embarassing" as Nintendo. Nobodys face fell off, the game was playable, you really had to go out of your way to access them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:00

Turns out that bug I mentioned couldn't be replicated by Nintendo and may just have been cheap SD cards corrupting people's saves instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:04

Yeah, I'm with Drunka there. I'll concede that having your save data corrupt is scary, but those other silly bugs are absolutely nothing compared to the state that some other games release in. Christ, look at Fallout 76. Nintendo games are renowned for having a level of polish unlike most of the game's industry and the beauty of today's gaming landscape is that the few glitches that remain in the game can be ironed out with a patch.

Onto Balla's post, I genuinely think Sakurai is just meeting up with his game dev pals, but I love the furore that surrounds anything he posts or says in interviews. There's no fanbase more rabid than Smash fans, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 15:34

To be fair SSBU is quite buggy for a Nintendo game, but that just shows the high level of care that goes into Ninty's games normally.

...I said that, and then I thought of the number of early-days SM64 glitches that were found. The one in the Japanese version with Bowser's coins, crawling up the spire and falling into the castle, jumping through a staircase... We just thought they were cool back then. Maybe nothing much has changed. Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 16:05

Can't say I've noticed all that much in terms of bugs with SSBU but I'll allow it anyway, this is the same company that only lasy week started development again on Metroid Prime 4 because they weren't happy with it so they obviosuly care about their game being well made more than anyone else.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 19:32

Joker, Stage Builder, and Smash Bros. Movie Maker. That's yer dinner.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 22:32

Joker looks ace! I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with him. And Persona music in Smash is a dream come true - I'm excited to listen to the arrangements that they've put together, but the original tracks will hold up by themselves. The stage changing to match the colour motif of P3/4/5 depending on what track is playing is ace too. Dead excited!

Stage builder is a nice addition too, but I reckon I'll just spend time browsing through other people's additions, to be fair. The content hub is a great add-on too. If we get substantial updates like this with each DLC fighter, then props to Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 23:10

Joker does look like a fun fighter but I have to say I'm more impressed by the stage design and how it changes based on music selection, my oldest brother used to play a lot of Persona so I know some of the songs because of that and they are quite catchy. I think I'll give the stage builder a good go but if it ends up being too fiddly to create what I want then I'll just end up doing the same as Jay & downloading other peoples creations.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:55

YUSSS. NOW I CAN MAK A WILLY STAGE
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:09

You'll be shocked and amazed to know that you wouldn't be the first!

person 5 swich wen
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:15

Whas wong wi free Willeh? Stupid nintendolife
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:21

Balladeer wrote:
You'll be shocked and amazed to know that you wouldn't be the first!

person 5 swich wen

End of the month Persona 5 on Switch will be announced as S which will be port of 5 with possible Nintendo content. Persona 5 Royal will also get more info which will be PS4 exclusive with extra content like new playable character and epilogue which Switch Persona 5 won't get.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:32

You read it here first, folks!

(prepares lynching equipment for if Mas is wrong)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:43

What's your impressions on Joker then folks?

I think he's a fun character! He doesn't feel overpowered or broken as Bayonetta did when she released for SSB4 and there's clearly a lot of love put into both the character and the stage by Sakurai and his team. He feels like a bit of a cross between Sheik and Robin - speedy enough with some heavy hitting moves.

I blasted through the Spirits that came with the DLC - fun enough battles with some neat references, which sums up Spirits as a whole I suppose!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:04

Aye he's a good fighter & I definitely see the Sheik comparison as well, his classic mode route felt pretty average though but maybe I'm missing something since I have no attachment to the Persona series. Also how many of the fighters end by taking on master/crazy hand? That reason alone makes me not want to bother with doing the rest of the fighters I have left.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:06

The only real reference was that the generic enemies in Persona are called Shadows, so you fight shadowy/dark fighters in his classic run. A bit disappointing, all told.

Oh, and most of the cast end with the Hands as their final boss. Like, at least two-thirds of the roster, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:14

Here's hoping I've done most of them by now then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:19

I got a bit fatigued playing through the Classic Modes, so I'd tend to just fire it up once a day, bash out a couple of runs and move onto something else once I grew a bit bored of Classic Mode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 9:02

Whereas I think I just gritted my teeth and ploughed through all of them once I'd completed WoL (I had beaten a couple beforehand). It's the best Classic has ever been; it's also the shortest that Classic has ever been, which helps; but the Hands are still a dull boss, especially compared to 3DS/Wii U's monstrosity.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 17:41

Am I the only chuffster without the fighter pass?
I've not booted up Smash for a while, anyone about for a few rounds at some point?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 17:56

Nah, I don't have the fighter pass and just bought the Joker pack separately & I'll definitely be up for a few games over this weekend.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 18:37

I don't think you lot should even need to ask if I bought the Fighter Pass for this or not. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 18:56

I'd have a few games tonight if youse want? 9pm?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 19:07

I'll potentially be about at that point as I'm meant to be heading out, but that's up in the air right now. If I'm staying in, I'll fire up Smash for some matches. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 19:27

I'll now definitely be about - 9pm for some Smash, then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 22 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next