We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)

Go down 
+5
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Muss
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Apr 2017 - 16:01

Just been informed by TCK on twitter that this is out on the 9th of May. Dance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Apr 2017 - 17:13

That's pretty soon! If y'all have good things to say about it, I might make it one of my first downloads for the console. Cool
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 16:35

Preview from Polygon

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/3/15522640/nba-playgrounds-release-date-impressions-gameplay-video

----

The gameplay is looking fun enough but the commentary seems like it'll annoy after a bit as he doesn't sound as fun as the NBA Jam announcer.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 3 May 2017 - 17:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 17:47

Looks good in motion, I just hope you can mute the commentary
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 18:43

All features for this won't be available for the Switch on launch, And so it begins... no word I'm what or for how long though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 19:43

It won't have online day one but it isn't as bad as you think.

Saber Interactive Rep wrote:

The online play for NBA Playgrounds Switch will *not* be available at launch – it will arrive a few days after launch via an update. Once this update comes out, the Switch version will have the exact same functionality as the PC, PS4, and Xbox One version – this means you can connect with people online and play against them 1v1, and there are online leaderboards. However online tournaments will not be up and running at launch for any platforms, this functionality will come at a later date via an update. We’ll share details on timing  for the online tournaments as soon as we get it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 10:45

That works for me. Might pick it up in anticipation for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 13:17

So, I went ahead and bought this yesterday & for folk who will be playing mainly in single player there isn't much content for you so definitely only pick it up if you play a lot of local MP or will be interested in playing online when that get's added soon. The game looks oddly blurry when played in handheld mode as well.

The core gameplay is really fun though with simple controls that make it easy to pick up but still has an element of skill to learn when it comes to shooting even with the easier to pull off over the top dunks. The lottery pick system keeps matches interesting and they can sway a match back in your favour if you're down by say 10 pts, only one of the powers seems over powered so far & that is the lightning ball which is a shot that will never miss no matter how bad you time it. The devs do seem keen to support the game post launch as well with new game modes & players so the content issue for single player is at least being looked at.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 16:08

If this had come out a year or two ago, I'd have been confident I'd be getting into the co-op. As is, I don't think I'll pick it up but I am looking forward to having a pop at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 21:51

Top work from Saber Interactive as if you have bought the game or plan to before the online update, they will give you Shaq Fu for free.

This is only for Switch and is away to apologise for the delay with online support.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 9:18

Yeah can't be mad at getting a game for free, yet that's all you seen their twitter account get bombarded with after this announcement. It'd be understandable if we had been left in the dark but they always gave frequent updates about the patch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 22:50

I bought this and I suck at it but I wanted the Shaq Fu which I would have bought anyway, so why not buy this now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:50

The patch (over 2Gb in size) that adds online play and some other stuff has finally hit the Switch so here's the details.

Quote :

Online matches are finally available. It offers ranked matches, or you can setup Challenge matches with friends by using a code system.

The developers have "tweaked the entire shooting system from jump shots, to threes, to dunks, layups, and everything in-between. We've redone
the timing, added a meter, and clarified the entire system."

15 new players have been added including Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman. Those two all-stars and 13 others will be unlocked through the regular packs in game.

Now it's been a couple months since I last played so I'm not 100 percent sure if trying to steal the ball used up stamina but now it definitely does & I have to say that alone gives the game a really nice balance as now you have to be smart with your positioning and timing to pull one off. Probably going give the online a go tomorrow to see how it holds up.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jul 2017 - 21:51

Let us know how it goes - I keep toying with grabbing this, as it looks a larf.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 18:07

I never did play this online, anyhow there is a new enhanced edition of the game which you can get for free if you already own the game which adds a bunch of new features but oddly this exists because a planned patch wouldn't fit within normal Nintendo guidelines.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-09-nintendo-switch-nba-playgrounds-re-released-to-solve-mystery-patch-issue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)    NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA Playgrounds (BOOMSHAKALAKA!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: