We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Rum
JayMoyles
shanks
Balladeer
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 21:52

I almost want to get this now! Possibly the Paula/Ness/Lucas love triangle might have swung it...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 23:35

It's easy breezy fun - although, the game has just got a lot harder now that I've reached the second major area. The Paula/Lucas/Ness love triangle was a riveting storyline but...

Mother 3 early game spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 21:55

Another Miitopia round-up... this game is a treat:
Screenshots:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 12:48

Surprised this hasn't been moved over to Switch with the game coming soon.

I'm yet to try the Switch demo but been a lot of buzz around it, so am giving a download. Yet if I do like it, does it have a story mode as a quick search seems it does have one & on HLTB about 30hrs?

Just from what I've seen it doesn't look like a game with a story mode but more whacky scenarios to pick up and play on the go for the 3DS or now Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 20:41

Shifted!

I was becoming more intrigued due to the buzz Mas mentions, but I'm reminded just how apathetic us lot were when it released on 3DS - and this from a forum that liked Tomodachi Life when this still looks a lot like Tomodachi Life: The Campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 16:03

Played the demo, and it was enjoyable but could see it getting boring after 30hrs though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 18:22

Couldn't even get thirty minutes into the demo. I moved about about two minutes, made a Mii for about three and then spent the rest of my time stabbing A to get through the reams of shitey text.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 20:55

I suspect that you and I have different definitions of 'shitey text' Cappa.  Keen to know what others think of the writing, since it'll live and die on whether it's actually funny/interesting or not I suspect. (Could just play the demo. myself I suppose... Shifty )
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 8 May 2021 - 22:22

Balladeer wrote:
I suspect that you and I have different definitions of 'shitey text' Cappa.  Keen to know what others think of the writing, since it'll live and die on whether it's actually funny/interesting or not I suspect.  (Could just play the demo. myself I suppose... Shifty )

In between battles, the dialogue is just random phrases that don't make a real conversation. The dialogue in the cutscenes, personally I found cute enough, and like I said in the other thread, it was nice to see British slang.

I've played this demo to the end now, and my boys have both completed it too. My 3-year-old can play this, including things like checking on the party at the inn. Both my kids continue to ask me to play it, and it making them happy is a big reason I like it.

Would I play this on my own? Probably not, but I do find the loop of battling, levelling up relationships, unlocking new moves and buying new gear kind of addictive, and I will be getting the game on release. I've had a lot more fun out of it than Pokemon Snap so far.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 18:31

My error, you had already said. Embarrassed The 'between battles' thing is not a good look though.

I think I am going to take a crack at the demo. since I have a week off, rather than asking people whether they think I'll like it. Shifty
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 20:48

Balladeer wrote:
My error, you had already said. Embarrassed The 'between battles' thing is not a good look though.

No worries. I guess you might tire of it pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 16:02

...yep, I did I'm afraid. My apologies to Cappa: I did indeed find the demo. to be bearing 'shitey text'. Given that Edgeworth being the worried mum to Sakuna's spoiled kid made me roll my eyes rather than smile, I suspect the game's not for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 16:41

I brought it up on the cast, on what you been playing and I talked myself out of getting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2