We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 4:41

Making a mental note to come back when I've played this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:36

Yeah, I would listen to it but I've ruined too many JRPG themes by listening to the OST before I played the game to do so here (and inversely I've become interested in many a JRPG because of its OST, but since I'm already interested in Xenoblade 2 I'll use some rare restraint).  Does the game's ost avoid having generic "this is a rock'n roll battle theme" tracks this time though?  That was one of my biggest issues with the original Xenoblade's soundtrack, so many of the battle themes (Particularly once the party hit the Mechonis) felt like lamer weaker attempts at emulating stuff like this, minus having killer melodies to sink hooks into the listener.    

But speaking of banging classics I've been listening to Bravely Default's ost again recently.  Forgot just how fantastic that game's music is, the perfect blend between homage and modern.  Simply perfection.  Like that theme every piece has definitive character, whether it be for fighting a demon spawned from the depths of hell to a middle-eastern inspired nation built around clocks to an ethereal cave the game's music gets the job done and then some.

A shame Bravely Second's soundtrack couldn't carry the mantle. Not that it didn't have some bangers too, Battle of Anne was great and the final boss theme, while no Serpent Eating the Horizon, was still great fourth-wall shattering stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 18:22

Fair enough sir! I think the battle music's a lot like XC1, which probably includes generic rock-n-roll tracks - sorry. Certainly some of the boss tracks buck that trend. I did prefer them to XC1's if that helps? Couldn't stand the likes of YWNON, and Mechanical Rhythm only gets good halfway through.

You know, I warmed to Bravely Second's OST after a while, albeit it remained nowhere near as good as the original's. I ended up liking the Providence theme, not to mention Sapp and Piddler's music and the final dungeon theme, the latter of which is top FFIII-style stuff. Never got on with Anne beyond the 20s or so of Spanish guitar - then it becomes the shrieky generic electric stuff Ryo couldn't drag themselves away from. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:01

DoPo, but what the heck: Celeste's music has caught my ear.  Like Undertale, it's in the chiptune-plus style, where chiptune soundsets are backed up by 'real instruments'; and like Undertale, it would seem to be a thing of beauty.

Here's the first level theme.  I was going to stick up the prologue music, but everyone deserves to discover that first glorious moment with the game's music themselves.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 0:38

Oooh, I like that a lot! This game gets more and more tempting all the time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:24

See, I didn't like that one so much. The thing that kicks in at 21 seconds (to go?) to pretty much lead the tune thereafter gets on my nerves. If that had been something else - a violin, perhaps - I would have been right there with you. Aww! There is some solid work in the game, though - on that I can agree. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 21:04

The synth pad thing? I'm surprised at that Zero. I completely understand disliking certain instrument sounds (see me/Jay and the Inkling voices), but that's what the track uses for its chiptune-esque quality: as a big fan of retro gaming, I presumed you'd be all over that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 8:06

I've let go of my need to correct your wrongness about the Splatoon soundtrack since going to a concert and being surrounded by 100s of people getting super into it and emotional.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 8:29

It has to be good chiptune for me to like it, is how I'd describe it. Just because it belongs to that genre, it doesn't automatically qualify it to be something I love unconditionally. That said, there are some incredible tracks in the game, for sure. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat 3 Mar 2018 - 13:06

Don't know if you already saw this, but here's an amazing medley of various musicians playing pieces from the whole Mario series. This could, essentially, have served as my covers for the whole Marioapalooza.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 18:11

What's sad Nick Frost doing playing 1-2 in that video?

Joking aside, that video was awesome. Cheers for sharing. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 20:12

Finished with the vote thread, I need something else to do... ooh, I know!  Carrying on a theme from Drunka's post, kind of:

GNamer Music Thingy 156
GNamer's Favourite Game
Alternative Mix

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 600x600bf

This was always going to come up sooner or later... but I'm going about things a little differently this week.  SMO's filled with classics, from its first level theme to the festival theme to the Bowser level theme to the ending theme.  (Also Steam Gardens is really popular for some reason.)  I'm going to try and pick out five themes I think are less sung, but still brilliant in their own ways.  Nothing in here should be too spoilery, but I'll be splashing pictures all over the shop, so... brace yourself.

[This space for the spoiler-free who clicked here by accident.]

5. Mt. Volbono

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 3-6-620x349

Lava-level music is usually good, but there's no similar precedent for food-level music.  SMO might just have set it, though.  It's definitely hot, and it has the classic 'bwaaaoooow' noises in the background... but the xylophone melody is all food, all the time.  Nom nom nom.

4. Torkdrift Battle

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 Maxresdefault

'DO NOT MESS WITH ME, BIPED.'  Sounds like an F-Zero track slowed down.

3. Shiveria Town

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 900x

The Shiverians are chuffing adorable, and so's their music.  Sounds like something out of Kirby, and that's no insult.  Hints of Snowdin and Celtic fiddle too.  But that's not the best version, oh no: the best version is down by the circuit, where it sounds like a bunch of seal-bear-things are about to march off to war and give Bowser a hiding for the motherland.  (Now there's a strategy game I'd play...)

2. Final Level Caves

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 Maxresdefault

Good luck finding a spoiler-free picture of this...  I've done my best.  I know that certain other pieces of final level music, or final-ish level music, get a lot more fanfare.  I really like this one, especially because of the context.  It's all quiet, you find the entrance, and DAAAAAAAAH!  Big band/rock guitar time!  High intensity music for a high intensity level.  Good stuff.

1. Jaxi Riding

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 Super-mario-odyssey-1509480988749_v2_956x500

I bloody love this.  It's chirpy and it has cool ethnic flute in, what more could one ask for while riding a stone lion through the desert?  More than a hint of Sprawling Savannah to it, and that's okay - it was SM3DW's best piece by a long way.  But, er, not much more than a hint.  Please do not do that.

I'm sure I'll come back to SMO some day and do the big pieces.  Might do a top ten.  Drunka might beat me to it, who knows?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 18:30

Balladeer wrote:
(Also Steam Gardens is really popular for some reason.)

Because it's a banger through and through, that's why!

I liked the Shiveria Town theme the most out of the selection you shared - it's a pleasant and jolly village theme, and I can get behind that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun 18 Mar 2018 - 20:04

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
(Also Steam Gardens is really popular for some reason.)

Because it's a banger through and through, that's why!

Yes. How can anyone not like that... Right, I'm putting a link in right now. I was trawiling this level for 2 and a half hours today trying to mop up the final moons, and was still joining in with the music at the end.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 20:11

Admission: I don't actually think it's as much of a banger as some. Embarrassed It's still good, but not Shiveria War March Tier good.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 21:34

Well, that's nice as well Grin  - it's like teddy bears preparing for Operation Hug.

No I don't know why I'm single why do you ask
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 21:37

Laughing

...I laugh (because I thought it was genuinely funny), but at some point I should take a picture of my living room. The sofa alone has seven cuddly toys on it, six Pokémon-related.

Operation Hug is no joke soldier.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Mar 2018 - 19:24

So this popped up in my recommended videos feed on youtube lord knows what that says about what I've been watching this evening >_>.  You know, Xenoblade 2's ost really is something else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnZ0R8quWM
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 0:45

I've not even played the game yet, but that was funny stuff. Laughing

This guy is a legend. His whole channel is full of jazzy covers of your favourite tracks, but his BotW stuff has been a particular treat to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2018 - 17:39

Certainly is: he cropped up in the last thread, at around the time I was going mad for Vast Poni Canyon. Feast your ears!

Alternatively, for a giggle: this utter banger.

Athrun888 wrote:
So this popped up in my recommended videos feed on youtube lord knows what that says about what I've been watching this evening >_>.  You know, Xenoblade 2's ost really is something else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnZ0R8quWM

This is... the best thing. I won't forget it. I remain immensely sad that they patched the Ardanian Guards' lines.

Incidentally that linked me to this, which does contain some musical spoilers for later-game areas but is absolutely my top two themes fighting it out. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 12:56

I'm very partial to insaneintherain's cover of Champion Cynthia, it was already a banger but this classy jazz cover with violin accompaniment is just a delight to the ears. Those links remind me I really need to catch up in his latest stuff, been about a year since I last had a look.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:48

GNamer Music Thingy 157
Celeste

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 2mU7Rv8

I couldn't wait any longer.  Celeste has a brilliant soundtrack.  With the return of O_R, now seemed like the time.  I've spoilered every individual song down below, though, because I know people are still playing it or are intending to play it.  If you're one of those, DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF!  Not even the last one.  There are several moments in the game where brilliant musical decisions added to the impact, and you will be the worse for where if you know about them.  Plus, y'know, I'll be talking about other general spoilery bits.

This was a tough one.  I've had to make tough musical choices before, but (say) SMO's tough because it has a massive soundtrack and there are always going to be blinders in there.  Celeste's is 21/29 pieces long, but almost full of hits.

(Extra space for Cappa.)

5. Level 3 Spoilers:

4. Postgame Spoilers:

3. Level 6 Spoilers:

2. Level 7 Spoilers:

1. Prologue Spoilers:

If you like the above, support the artist.  She's pretty great.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 14 Aug 2018 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 4:29

God damn, a big Super Mario Odyssey post and now a big Celeste post. I don't know when I'm gonna find the time to sit down and enjoy all of this, but I eagerly anticipate the day!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 9:05

Obviously music weeks stopped at 150, but nonetheless I can appreciate people posting music tracks here in this thread, the GNamer music thread, of which I am in charge, having never officially passed the baton or given anyone else permission to keep going.

Balladeer wrote:

Just some songs I decided to share, not anything official, we don't need to label it, about GNamer's Favourite Game

5. Mt. Volbono

For the most part I do like this song, and agree with your points that it takes typical "hot level" music and gives it a spicy twist . . . but something about it just reminds me too much of Crash Bandicoot.

The Balls Man wrote:
4. Torkdrift Battle

This one IS an out-and-out banger, though. I'd say it has a bit of a Metroid Prime boss fight feel, or maybe one of the more high-tech Pokemon evil teams. Suitably robotic and menacing.

To the window, to the walls, til the sweat drop down your balladeer wrote:
3. Shiveria Town

The jolliest choons you ever did hear. I am 100% on board the "Shiverians are cute as hell" train. Lovely stuff. And I also appreciate the whole effort the team went to of using instruments from around the real world.

Balladeer, Ballad there, Ballad everywhere wrote:
2. Final Level Caves
There's a very enjoyable level of hype here, really building to that classic finale battle against Bowser. It's just such a shame the actual final battle music is relatively so weak Sad

I can't use his real name but he INSISTS I use it elsewhere, weird kid wrote:
1. Jaxi Riding

The look of joy on Mario's face in your picture sums it up. If I ever find myself riding a motorcycle around town on a summer day, this is what will be playing in my head. Quality track.

Ballache coming up with new names wrote:
I'm sure I'll come back to SMO some day and do the big pieces.  Might do a top ten.  Drunka might beat me to it, who knows?
Maybe. I'm hoping to have something resembling a home soon, which would be conducive to this sort of thing.

Balladeer wrote:
A Spontaneous Post About The Music From Celeste

5. Level 3 Spoilers:

This one is definitely better experienced in game rather than just sitting and listening to it, but I reckon you were right to include it anyway. The feeling of the song building up as I explored the level was super weird and amazing.

Madeline's Dark Side wrote:
4. Postgame Spoilers:

I've actually barely played any of the postgame, but these vibes are giving me some feels. I will go back eventually, and I'm glad to know tracks like this are waiting for me.

Madeline But Purple wrote:
3. Level 6 Spoilers:

Excellent section from the game, and hearing this absolute BANGERANGER is bringing it all back. Phenomenal stuff. I can get down to this track something fresh, yo.

Badeline wrote:
2. Level 7 Spoilers:
Very emotional. It sets out to do something very obvious, does it to the letter, and is nonetheless absolutely magical.

Like Balladline? I feel like there'a a pun there and I can't quite grab it wrote:
1. Prologue Spoilers:

Bloody hell, you're being more hyperbolic than me there! It's nice enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2018 - 19:37

As always, I appreciate the feedback!  And trying with the spoiler names. Laughing

Never having played a Crash game would seem to be a bonus where Mt. Volbono is concerned.  I find the final boss music okay!  But not on a par with, say, the Galaxies.

That moment at the end of the Prologue really was when I went, 'Hoo boy, this is going to be something special.'  I was damn right.  I can't hyperbolise about it enough! The entire game is excellent with its combinations of music and gameplay, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 5 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next