We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 0:54

Karaoke version of that Sushi song.

I'm slowly coming around. The more I hear this song, the more I understand where the Balls Man is coming from. I don't know if it's making me want the game but it's definitely making me want to go get some sushi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 10:19

Slowly but surely... Twisted Evil Also, wait, Sushi Striker has Pokémon(-like creatures) in?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 12:21

Everything in Japan has Pokemon-like creatures. Even the train stations have a pair of magical fox mascots.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptySat 2 Jun 2018 - 12:13

In that respect, as with several others, they're better than us. Sad
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 23:04

I've never given Rocket League's soundtrack a second thought before, but this song that they've added for the summer update is the bollocks. Just incredible!

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 23:33

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptySat 30 Jun 2018 - 9:47

Not bad that! Unlike, as you say, much of RL's music...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptySat 30 Jun 2018 - 15:58

For what's mostly dance/electronic music (which I'm not into all that much) I actually don't mind most of the songs in Rocket League.

Like this one:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:31

I wanted to do a full-on (fanfic if I must Rolling Eyes ) Music Thingy for Sushi Striker, which has some grand musics... which sadly mostly aren't on YouTube. Aww! Not apart from the brilliant them tune, which I will glad link to again. Sniff.

Instead, here's a lovely early-game piece from Hollow Knight: Greenpath. Dat ambience.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:32

I'm a big fan of Hollow Knight's OST. I love this piece for how it slowly but surely intensifies - perfect for the area it accompanies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:48

Bump!

Nintendo have been quietly releasing little snippets from SSBU. The full list is here. Here's some comments from me with direct links to the tracks in question:

Snake Eater is in Smash! Albeit with a faster tempo, though that's not going to stop from me belting it out when it plays during a match.

Not sure about adding a vocal track to F-Zero tunes, but I love it somewhat already for that rousing F-ZEROOOOOO at the start.

Mega Man has cracking tunes, so a medley is naturally going to be a banger.

I LOVE that Snipperclips is getting represented. Makes me wonder if we're getting a Snippers stage...

...even Smash remixes can't make me like the squid vocals.

This is easily the highlight so far. More strings in Metroid tracks, please.

Actually, this is the highlight for me. Goddamn Nintendo, could you please take over from Capcom for SF6?

Making this track bombastic and full of life works really well. Good stuff.

There's a Galaga track and a Kirby track in there too, but I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say beyond "good, innit."
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:20

I've been casually following this. Given my apathy otherwise, the music may be the thing I get the most out of from SSBU!

I can't understand what they're saying in the F-Zero track, so it's fine. Also: camp as all heck, which fits F-Zero (or at least GX's Story Mode) to a tee.

Snipperclips couple for Sma- wait. Neutral

Why would you do Bomb Rush Blush over Calimari Incantation? Fools, fools I say!

The Metroid and Zelda tracks knock it out of the proverbial park. I love Smash remixes!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:11

Wow! That has got me excited to discover new tracks again...
That Galaga one maybe not.
And Snake Eater might be the only thing from Metal Gear I really really like.
And yes it should have been Calimari Inkantation as you said Balla.
And Ooh F-Zero *click* "F-ZEROOOO" *cllick off immediately*
And Muse's rendition of the Vega theme apparently
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:23

Aw, Vega's Theme doesn't deserve that slander! I love how they play up the fact Vega is Spanish in that track. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:24

I didn't listen to that Vega Stage music the first time, mostly out of spite towards Ryu still being in the game.

I did the second time, though, and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 200
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 20:46

GNamer Music Thingy 158
Something's Bugging Me

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Header

Hollow Knight is GNamer's latest darling, and with good reason.  The reason specifically being the GNamer luuuuurves Dark Souls, and HK is like Dark Souls only it's cute (so it also appeals to me) and it's come to a Nintendo platform before the fall of civilisation.  

You'd expect a game like HK to have a bunch of wistful environmental tunes, and so it does.  Here are just a few of my favourites.  Then there are some of my preferred boss pieces, spoilered for your delectation.

Greenpath

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Hollow_knight-2017-03-09-23-53-19-149

This was the first piece of music that stood out to me.  While Hollow Knight guides you into its world of despair and desolation with haunting tunes that are (dare I say) easy enough to ignore, this adds a bit more whimsy with its bells and flutes.  It's cute, like the Knight and the green world he explores and slashes up.  

Fungal Wastes

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Maxresdefault

HK loves its flutes.  That's okay, I do too!  But I also like the pizzicato (plucked) strings, not to mention the bassoon.  It perfectly suits the titular fungi.  Reminds me in a way of this sketch from Fantasia.  Plucked strings, flute, bassoon... hang on a moment. Eh?

Queen's Garden

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Maxresdefault

This is possibly my favourite.  Such a lovely lilting tune.  Not much more to say about it really, it's just very nice.

Now for those spoilers.  Ready?

Greenpath, Obligatory Boss:

Greenpath, Optional Boss:

Kingdom's Edge Hidden Area:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:46

It seems you're a sucker for the greener areas in the game, then! Laughing

Not that there's anything wrong with that - Queen's Gardens was my favourite normal area theme in the game too. Considering the lore implications in that area, it's almost somewhat of a wistful tune.

Mantis Lords is a cracker too.

I'd like to highlight the tune that plays in the Path of Pain. The way it slowly but steadily escalates as you traverse the peak of platforming challenges present in HK really adds to the tension - and yes, the frustration - you feel when you're progressing through the aptly named Path of Pain.

Still on that tune but in more spoilery territory:

Final Boss Spoilers (normal ending):

In a far less spoilery note, but still something I'm going to spoiler box...

DLC tune spoilers (not from a boss, just a jaunty wee character theme):
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:18

JayMoyles wrote:
Inspired. Nobody else could think of such a musical masterstroke.

You utter troll. DAMN YOU! But you're right, it does, and... yes, I felt sorry. (Not at the time, at the time I thought 'thank goodness' and took advantage. Afterwards.)

That other piece is just creepy.  Reminds me of this classic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:57

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Inspired. Nobody else could think of such a musical masterstroke.

You utter troll. DAMN YOU! But you're right, it does, and... yes, I felt sorry.  (Not at the time, at the time I thought 'thank goodness' and took advantage.  Afterwards.)

That other piece is just creepy.  Reminds me of this classic.

I aim to please. Very Happy

And I think it's meant to sound creepy from what I've played of the DLC so far...

On an unrelated note, I wanted to share this wonderful cover by FamilyJules of this tune from Rhythm Heaven. Utterly bizarre that a metal guitar cover artist chose that particular track to cover, but it... works? I think it's the ridiculous lyrics combined with the shredding on the guitar that makes the cover for me. Also, it's an absolute earworm and you will find yourself humming away to it hours after listening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 22:06

I can't get past the ridiculous lyrics I'm afraid, but it's definitely better with the shredding!

Did we ever do a Megamix music time thingy? If not I must do one. It would be worth it for the Sumo Bros. alone.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 22:42

GNAMER Music Week 159: Wii U eShop Tunes

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 WiiU_DrLuigi_ScreenShot_1218_01

Dr. Luigi, bloody hell. Anyway, here it is: a euphoric celebration of the massive songs that defined a generation.

5th: Summer 2014.

NME wrote:

Both poignant and dripping in attitude, Richard Ashcroft's swaggering, string-led Britpop anthem still packs the powerful euphoria it did at festivals in summer 1997.

4th: Spring 2016

Up Venue wrote:

Producer Rick Rubin, in an interview with Q Magazine, later said that he could not bring himself to listen to the recording for months after Cash died.

3rd: Winter 2015

Rolling Stone wrote:

When Chuck D heard the finished track, he was so stoked he said, “I could die tomorrow”.

2nd: Autumn 2013

Metal Hammer wrote:

The military industrialism, spookiness and coolness has been turned up to eleven. Practically oozing aggression, this song puts one fist up and one in the face of conformity, creating a generation of devout followers in the process.

1st: Christmas 2013

Time Out wrote:

The crass, controversy-courting faux-lesbian gimmick makes this a bit of a cultural relic, but this is is still absolutely gripping.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 23:32

I remember none of those bar number five, but it's great to see they've all been immortalised in the great music publications of our times. Laughing

This has also served as a reminder of the deathly silence that greets you when you fire up the Switch eShop - I do like the simplicity of the Switch's UI, but a bit of music would go a long way to give it that bit of Nintendo sparkle.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 20:50

Elevator music done right. I feel like I remember those all, but I'm not sure whether I do, or whether they're just merging together? Top week, anyhoo! Thumbs Up! Winter 2015's my personal favourite, but Christmas 2013 could have come right out of a Kirby game.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Metal Hammer wrote:

The military industrialism, spookiness and coolness has been turned up to eleven. Practically oozing aggression, this song puts one fist up and one in the face of conformity, creating a generation of devout followers in the process.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 18:55

I've had this in draft for a while now...

Music Time Wotsit 160
Pieces With Lyrics

This time I'm doing something a bit different.  Top five pieces in Nintendo machine games with lyrics - that's lyrics in a genuine language not invented for fictional purposes, so no Hylian, Inkling, or choral 'aaa's.  And no, I won't be including that one.

5. Indoline Praetorium, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Xenoblade2_indoline_praetorium

I expected an excellent soundtrack from XC2.  I didn't necessarily expect top-notch a capella choral music.  It is the religious hub of the world, so it makes sense.  The night music emphasises the male voices more, and is also beautiful.  (Doesn’t matter how many moody music videos Shadows of the Lowlands features in, it’s not as good.)

4. Banson's Aria, Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Henry-hatsworth-in-the-puzzling-adventure--20080812021621764_640w

The best boss theme you've never heard.  Lance Banson is a massive operatic ham, who attacks you with his fangirls.  This song's lyrics are a bunch of random Italian musical terms.  Somehow, the fact that it makes no sense only makes it better.

3. Toberu Mono, The Last Story

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 The-last-story-screenshot-4

More of the Indoline-alike stuff with the beautiful main song, and only truly memorable piece, from this Wii gem.

2. Don't Worry, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 GY3j9x5

You can say what you like about this game, and you do, but taking off for the first time in a Skell felt phenomenal.  A large chunk of that was this music coming out of nowhere.  The rest was suddenly unlocking free flight, of course.  Shout out to Wir Fliegen, the Overdrive theme, but most of us will only ever hear the first twenty seconds.

Spoilers for SMO ending:

I can already think of several I've missed - I expect Jay, in particular, to give me a hard time.  What's your favourite Ninty console song (in a genuine language), then?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 22:16

As much as I love the ridiculous anime nature of your number one, it'll never trump 1-Up Girl in my book.

Also, with having next to no knowledge about XCX, I did not expect that track to fall into the genre that it did. Shocked

Some that you missed:

You're out of your vector. (Although, I could realistically put most of TWEWY's soundtrack here, but you've all heard Calling ten million times already.)

You've probably heard Lost in Thoughts All Alone from Fire Emblem Fates, but I much prefer the snappier and darker Nohrian version. If the track sounds like it's cutting out at points, that's because there's no "clean" release of this track so the uploader has to work around the main villain grunting in displeasure in the scene that track plays in. Neutral

Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion? I much prefer the Smash version as the original is less "living in the haunted mansion", and more Disney's The Haunted Mansion.

I nearly forgot about this one. I love this. It perfectly encapsulates the Mother games in my eyes. And it's also an excuse for me to post the absolutely wonderful animation/music video thing.

Just gotta keep on climbing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 6 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next