We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:11

JayMoyles wrote:
You're out of your vector. (Although, I could realistically put most of TWEWY's soundtrack here, but you've all heard Calling ten million times already.)

This is exactly the game I expected you to hit me with. Laughing Can't stand the rap at the start, but from 0:41 this is indeed banging. That said, there's a reason Calling is the one we've all heard: it's by far the best.

Incidentally I like to think that the titular transformation is a matrix multiplication.[/mathsnerd]

JayMoyles wrote:
You've probably heard Lost in Thoughts All Alone from Fire Emblem Fates, but I much prefer the snappier and darker Nohrian version. If the track sounds like it's cutting out at points, that's because there's no "clean" release of this track so the uploader has to work around the main villain grunting in displeasure in the scene that track plays in. Neutral

The Nohr version is better, no doubts about that. Top song.

JayMoyles wrote:
Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion? I much prefer the Smash version as the original is less "living in the haunted mansion", and more Disney's The Haunted Mansion.

A classic, but I still prefer the original. Or the Japanese version, where the female voice seems less annoying.

JayMoyles wrote:
I nearly forgot about this one. I love this. It perfectly encapsulates the Mother games in my eyes. And it's also an excuse for me to post the absolutely wonderful animation/music video thing.

This one brings tears to my eyes every time. Crying or Very sad That said, is it in the game itself? Seems a bit much for the NES!

JayMoyles wrote:
Just gotta keep on climbing!

Duh! How did I miss this? Absolutely deserves to be in my top five! The Indoline Prateorium can get stuffed, this is what it's all about! Excellent pick.

Thanks Jay! What genre did you expect the XCX song to fall into? And, er, what genre is it? Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:02

Balladeer wrote:
That said, is it in the game itself?  Seems a bit much for the NES!

Thanks Jay!  What genre did you expect the XCX song to fall into?  And, er, what genre is it? Eh?

You know what - I don't think it is. It's only on the vocal soundtrack accompaniment which also includes a vocal rendition of the Eight Melodies track (note: can't help but feel that "no crying until the end" tagline is particularly apt after playing Mother 3  Sad ). But, considering that I can't hear any version of it without singing along, I'll give it a pass.

As for the XCX track, I was expecting something sweeping and orchestral with potentially some electric guitar thrown in like in Xenoblade Chronicles. That ended up being decidedly more techno!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 0:29

2016: Pokémon
2017: Mario

Now. It is time.

Drunka's GNamer Music Festival 2018

SMASHTONBURY

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Smash-logo

Sunday: The top 5 tracks from Super Smash Bros. for the N64.
Monday: The top 5 tracks from Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube.
Tuesday: The top 5 tracks from Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii.
Wednesday: The top 5 tracks from Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS
Thursday: The top 5 tracks from Super Smash Bros for the Wii U.
Friday: Ultimate.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 11:14

Yes boy! I wondered if this idea had been lost in your hectic life, and I'm glad that hasn't happened. I'm definitely up for giving the Smash series a musical once-over. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Dec 2018 - 10:53

one

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Cq83TRAWEAAl0Dj

Confession time: I've barely played the original Super Smash Bros. (which I keep wanting to call Super Smash Bros. 64 for some reason). I didn't own an N64 and although I would regularly make excuses to go around other people's houses and have a go, that was mostly to play Pokémon Stadium or Lylat Wars. I definitely played it a little - it was Pokémon adjacent, after all - but I don't have any familiarity with it or the soundtrack. Still, for this format to work I had to include it, so I trawled some soundtracks on youtube.

5: Peach's Castle
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Latest?cb=20100221023749&path-prefix=en
Unsurprisingly, the meagre soundtrack of the original game is pretty disappointing compared to the orchestral treasure troves composed for the sequels. Mostly the music tracks seem to be new compositions of the main themes from the various series which are represented. Hence what we have here: a slightly jazzed up version of the Super Mario Bros. theme. To appreciate this, I had to try and put myself back in the early noughties, when Nintendo hadn't quite realised the bankability of nostalgia yet. It used to be pretty exciting catching nods and references to classic games. Remember the floaty cover from Sunshine? Good times.

Then came the GBA's NES Classic line, and the Virtual Console, and Throwback Galaxy, and Ready Player One and the fall of Western Society. So the Romans, so the Aztecs, so now the Great Global Capitalist Mistake.

Anyways, here's Shigsy and the Roots playing the Mario Theme even though I hate Jimmy Fallon.

4: Dream Land
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 450px-SSBU-Dream_Land
Naturally this falls into the same camp as the previous track, but perhaps just by virtue of not being quite so overused, I've got a lot more time for this tune*. Kirby's theme is just so infectiously jolly! I want to go find that old vine of Beyonce dancing to it now . . .

Oh. Here it is.

*I haven't seen any of my friends from my home town in over a year, and I'm typing I'm not even talking out loud, but nonetheless I couldn't say the t word just then without opening my drink and taking a swig.

3: Opening
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Maxresdefault
Something I've done a few times in my excitement for Ultimate is relisten to youtube compilations of all the Smash themes. Before the iconic choirs of Brawl and the thumping trumping Melee there's always . . . this. Sort of a weird awkward mish-mash of franchise tracks. If the later tracks are the equivalent of the Avengers theme tune, this is more akin to the limp attempts by Justice League to throw together the popular Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman themes.

Here's all the opening themes on piano.

2: Saffron City
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Hqdefault
I know this is another one that just upscales an 8-bit theme song, but there aren't many straight renditions of the original Red and Blue theme like this, and this actually slaps.

There's also a rainy version but it sounds horrible.

1: Meta Crystal
Perhaps because T2 is my favourite film, I've always loved the look of Metal Mario. This whole area and fight is cool, and this is the only original (as far as I can tell) track from this OST that I legitimately like. Actually a banger.

Appropriately for Metal Mario's stage, it SHREDS on guitar

TOMORROW: 1V1 me irl bro, Fox only, final destination. It's the competitive dweeb's wet dream, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject:    Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Dec 2018 - 20:13

Wow.  I didn't realise even that so early on in the series, tastes could be so different!  I agree with you about the Opening: I think it needs to be listened to with the cinematic.  I didn't have much time for the metal music: I think it's one of those ones that works well with the gameplay but not at all on its own.  Actually, maybe I just didn't remember the original because I was trying so hard to kill the metal git - it's pretty decent, albeit the melody gets a bit hidden under all the crashing.  Then there's the clanking in the battle itself...

Dream Land's definitely up with my favourites from the original game.  Yoshi's theme is appropriately joyous.  I really like the slow build-up for Kongo Jungle.  

Finally, to pull out a favourite original piece (or potentially remixed so far I can't tell the difference), here's the really cheery Results music.  Very happy stuff, I'd welcome something similar for Ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 5:12

Balladeer wrote:
 Yoshi's theme is appropriately joyous.
Yep, this one's jolly. I guess you could swap it out for Dream Land in my list pretty harmlessly.

Brawladeer wrote:
 I really like the slow build-up for Kongo Jungle.  
This might be an example of me being lazy . . . but I didn't listen to Kongo Jungle long enough for it to get good. As it happens, sitting down with it, it gets . . . okay.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 6:11

two

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 PS_GCN_SuperSmashBrosMelee

Like the original, I haven't played a huge amount of Melee. I remember going to friend's houses and having some pretty good sessions - I'm always amused to remember that the first time I went to carnival without my family, instead of getting pissed at the park like most kids my age, I went and played Smash at Ollie Ludivino's house.

Super Smash Bros. Melee does hold a special place in my heart, however. You see, while I had Game Boys and Pokemon games, and my dad had a PS1 I played on sometimes, I wasn't much of a gamer until, shortly before my 13th birthday, I visited the Bristol Balloon Festival and played the Gamecube in Nintendo's promotional tent. I played Super Monkey Ball and Super Smash Bros. and I was sold. I had to have a Gamecube. From there came subscriptions to Official Nintendo Magazine, later NGamer, the DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, Switch . . . and now I'm sat in a food court in Japan writing about Smash Bros. on the internet.

5: Icicle Mountain
While the original was overburdened with remixes of tracks we'd heard a billion times, Melee gave us a remix of a NES theme unheard since release. I didn't hear it much though, scrolling levels were a free skip among my friend group.

Say, wouldn't it be great if Nitnendo brought out a new Ice Climbers for modern systems, a co-op platformer where two players scaled an enormous mountain while attached by rope. What an original idea I just had.
Here's a trailer for my Ice Climbers game, ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL.

4: Break The Targets
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Super-Smash-Bros-Melee-large-27
Just catchy as all hell. I bet I'm not the only one who will be hearing this in their sleep for a week now.
Here's a real nice instrumentation.

3: Mute City
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 375px-MuteCity
Well, I wasn't gonna not include Mute City, was I?
Smooth McGroove. Fuck it, why not?

2: Menu 1
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Super-Smash-Bros-Melee
After complaining that the N64 game's soundtrack was too derivative, it almsot feels like Nintendo were listening. Here's a main theme that feels genuinely iconic, ready to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the classic franchises the Smash games celebrate. If only there was a version that could be listened to during gameplay . . .
Here it is on Omatone.

1: Final Destination
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 MV5BZTI0NGM2OGYtNzVmMi00NGQ2LTk2MDAtN2RmYjIzMGRkZGYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_
1V1 ME IRL! FOX ONLY, FINAL DEST, I WILL ABSOLUTELY CUCK ANY ONE OF YOU SOYBOY LIBTARDS! I HAVE GOD AND ANIME ON MY SIDE! WHILE YOU WERE FORNICATING WITH FEMALES, I WAS A MAN GOING HIS OWN WAY WHO STUDIED THE BLADE! I DON'T CARE IF STEVE TOLD ME TO TURN IT OFF, HE'S NOT MY REAL DAD. MOOOOM, WHAT THE FUCK? HE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB EITHER! NO I'M SORRY I SAID A CURSE, I'M SORY, DON'T TAKE AWAY MY SMAAAAASSS$$$$HHHH!!!111!!!!1111!!!!!
Here's a really, really good acoustic guitar cover. Balla, if you're already at the point of skipping these covers, check this one out.

TOMORROW: The first Smash game for which I anticipated the release, got myself all hyped, and actually bought Day One. Brawl might be up there as one of my most played videogames of all time, an absolute fixture of lunch breaks and free periods and weekends and vacations and pretty much any available moment of free time.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 17:57

I know you're only trolling, but I'll still rise to it and say that the salt compilations, foxonlyfinaldestinationonlylul and whatnot are a pretty disingenuous representation of a really fun community that I love to follow.

On topic though - music!

I may be biased, but I love the Onett music from SSBM. The Eight Melodies section is genuinely lovely.

A list without Fountain of Dreams isn't a list at all. I'm so happy this stage is back for Ultimate. The orchestration is just brilliant.

And WHERE THE FUCK IS POKÉFLOATS?! The way this theme effortlessly transitions from the Trainer Battle theme into the Gym Leader theme right into the Wild Pokémon theme is brilliance. Legalise Pokéfloats for competitive play, you cretins.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 19:55

Ah, I think that Ice Climbers theme sounds a bit like Mute City there. However, it was that music that encouraged my interest in the Ice Climbers of Ice Climber (originally, at least). I hope in the new Switch Ice Climbers game that Drunka said he was making, there's a cool jazz cafe at the top.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balla, if you're already at the point of skipping these covers, check this one out.

I tuned back in for the Omatome offering. Winky Face Seriously though, the BtT one was good stuff (it helps that the original BtT is an utter banger). FD one was okay too.

I almost tuned out again after the 'Ice Climber' one. Evil or Very Mad

Poké Floats is bae, playing PLG made me go back and find it and it still really holds up. Here are some others I love:
  • While we're talking up Icicle Mountain for giving forgotten NES gems a shot in the arm, here's Temple. Overheard a bit now, perhaps: still ace.
  • The alternate for that stage was belting too. Starts off with a really pacey exciting fighting theme, then swells into the epic as the main series theme pops its head up.
  • Who knew that Game & Watch beeps made such a good tune? Not me, that's for damn sure.
  • Sorry Jay: Fourside > Onett.
  • I prefer the alternative FD tune. Triumphant as all heck!

AAAAAAAAAH Smash has such good music. I'm loving this week! Love
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 22:45

JayMoyles wrote:
I know you're only trolling, but I'll still rise to it and say that the salt compilations, foxonlyfinaldestinationonlylul and whatnot are a pretty disingenuous representation of a really fun community that I love to follow.

Oh I'm sure. This sort of thing is inevitable when you bring together a bunch of folks who pride themselves on their ability at a childrens computer game. Some of them will have developed that skill at the expense of any actual social or personal skills.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 23:39

three

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 SSBB_Cover

Apparently, among hard core competitive superfans, Brawl isn't actually all that well regarded. For me, though, this was my Smash. Endless hours on the sofa with all my friends, right from day one. Ridiculous volumes of content. Tons of in-jokes and dumb rules (it was the ultimate display of skill to win by throwing a Bonsly. If everyone wore green and we fought on the Pikmin stage, that was Vietnam. We had a custom level that was just a big knob, and it was a surprisingly decent arena. Mispronouncing words for years to mock Norris.)

It also has a GREAT soundtrack. Honourable mention: this might be the only way to hear the glorious Wii Shop Channell on a Wii in 2018.

5: Theme of Love from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Snake_070921d-l
A gorgeous piece of music from a game very dear to my heart. MGS4 has still never appeared on anything other than a PS3, and it might very well stay that way. Nonetheless, this all time belter is on the Wii, and what a track it is. There's also an instrumental Snake Eater but when I hear it, I just want them vocals.
Naturally, here's an acoustic guitar cover.

4: Waluigi Pinball
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Mario-circuit
Seeing as those COWARDS at Nintendo keep neglecting to include this all-time banger in new Mario Kart games, this might be the only version we'll ever hear at this kind of quality. And what a banger it is!
It . . . doesn't quite work on accordian.

3: Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Samus_070615a-l
This is back to the Smash 64 school of taking a series' main theme and giving it a big exciting remix. The difference is that the Metroid music is so sparse and underused compared to something like the Mario and Zelda themes. This one sounds amazing, and hearing it takes me right back to triumpant victories with Samus.
Here's a piano cover, which is okay. However, while searching I found this harp cover of the Metroid Theme and immediately subscribed to the lass.

2: Final Smash (Luigi)
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Latest?cb=20130228071853
Just tremendously weird and camp and a reflection of Luigi's soul, eternally in the shadows. Perfection. And if you don't like an 18-second song taking the #2 spot, there's also a a great mix of Luigi's Mansion in there.
Enjoy the dance in all its glory.

1: Main Theme
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Tumblr_nxbyplRZ441s3ewmvo1_500
Normally when I do top 5 or 10s of music from a game, I don't like to put the main theme or the title theme or what have you in first place. It just feels like I'm being a basic bitch. This time, though, I just don't care. Brawl's theme is so over-the-top orchestral choral epic, it comes dangerously close to self-parody. Hearing it throws straight back in time by a decade, eagerly awaiting and then finally playing this bursting, overstuffed love letter to Nintendo. Glorious.
Obviously, it needs a full choir treatment. And you can throw an orchestra in too, if you want.

TOMORROW: We split things in half. Smash Bros. on a handheld? A handheld and home console experience combined? This all sounds like madness, it'll never work . . .

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 23:01

four

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-1-1-3-620x349

The least-played of all the Smash games I've owned. Between the 3DS not being the best controller and Smash being first-and-foremost a couch multiplayer series for me, Smash 4 3DS just didn't quite do it for me. I remember one great session on a lunch break at work with my best friend Katie and . . . eagerly awaiting the Wii U release. If anything, this felt most like a demo for that later game.

Still, it had some good tunes, taking smaller handheld series and remixing the jams for 3DS.

5: Kapp'n's Song
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 3DS_SuperSmashBros_22
This sounds like the amiable warbling of a sailing Kappa . . . remixed for the club. I understand that digitised Animal Crossing voice thingies might not be to everyone's musical tastes, much like Splatoon's Inklings, but they fire a nostalgia gland or something for me because I eat that shit up. Funk it up like this and you're onto a winner for sure.
This song is weirdly popular for low-quality Ukelele covers.

4: Bath Time
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Daily3
Not enough love for the Nintendogs franchise in the year of our Lord 2018, although I did see someone share a petition on facebook for it to be brought to phones. This song captures the mood and sound of the 'dogs games but with a bit more energy and pizazz.
8-bit.

3: Rainbow Road Medley
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 3DS_SuperSmashBros_11
There has never been a Rainbow Road theme that was not a banger, a belter, a blinder, a tune, a track, that did not slap, and jam, and go. Here's a medley of them so naturally it is sick and funky and tickles yer monkey.
Every damn time.

2: Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 3DS_SuperSmashBros_02
On the one hand, this Smash version doesn't do a huge amount. On the other hand, the original Skyward Sword song is absolutely tremendous. A fucking gorgeous, phenomenal, exceptional piece of music. And here it is with a little remix and that. Nice.
Here it is covered by my favourite violinist.

1: N's Castle Medley
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 3DS_SuperSmashBros_28
I've always enjoyed everything about N and his creepy, mysterious story. Black and White sometimes feel like the forgotten Pokemon games, but hearing their weirdest and best track extracted and twisted like this is great stuff.
Here's a slightly dodgy recording of the version from Symphonic Evolutions.

TOMORROW: The biggest (for now) Smash game, with a hell of a lot of tunes to be choosing from. Christ lads, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is real close! Also, if you're wondering why I didn't include the main menu theme today, it's because the Wii U version is a little nicer.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 11:53

Drunkalilly wrote:
2: Menu 1
Here it is on Omatone.
Oh - I meant to say... I can't believe that there's something with an Otamatone that doesn't sound like shit! I guess the solution is to have loads of them at once...

Drunkalilly wrote:
1: Main Theme
Normally when I do top 5 or 10s of music from a game, I don't like to put the main theme or the title theme or what have you in first place. It just feels like I'm being a basic bitch. This time, though, I just don't care. Brawl's theme is so over-the-top orchestral choral epic, it comes dangerously close to self-parody. Hearing it throws straight back in time by a decade, eagerly awaiting and then finally playing this bursting, overstuffed love letter to Nintendo. Glorious.
You are right to do it. Brawl's theme is absolutely amazing; almost slightly out of place. It did an absolutely fantastic job of conveying "SIR YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPREHEND A LOT OF MANY IMPORTANT THINGS". And better than a certain new song about light or something...
And I'm also going to do the annoying commenter thing of "why didnt you include the one i like" - I'm absoultely down for Butter Building. Wait, that becomes a bad sentence I think...

Drunkalilly wrote:
5: Kapp'n's Song
This sounds like the amiable warbling of a sailing Kappa . . . remixed for the club. I understand that digitised Animal Crossing voice thingies might not be to everyone's musical tastes, much like Splatoon's Inklings, but they fire a nostalgia gland or something for me because I eat that shit up. Funk it up like this and you're onto a winner for sure.
This song is weirdly popular for low-quality Ukelele covers.
I love this very much. And that Ukelele thing is the most lovable piece of crap ever! I like the way they used a sheet as a backdrop to cover whatever was behind them in the room, and that sheet itself is creased as all heck and makes things much worse.

Drunkalilly wrote:
4: Bath Time
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Daily3
Not enough love for the Nintendogs franchise in the year of our Lord 2018, although I did see someone share a petition on facebook for it to be brought to phones. This song captures the mood and sound of the 'dogs games but with a bit more energy and pizazz.
8-bit.
Good old Bulby. That's some clever chiptunin' right there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 19:17

Argh I've missed a day!  Some good picks there, with Samus' theme (and the harp version), Waluigi Frickin' Pinball, Rainbow Road, and absolutely the Stoned Luigi Dance being among my faves.  Butter Building, submitted by yer man Jim, is good too.

It's getting to the point where it's impossible for me to do a sweep of all my favourites from the games without looking at the soundtracks.  Time to go to the Brawl playlist!  And it starts with an absolute banger in O2.  Others that caught my :cyclops: included:
  • The beautiful, whimsical Bramble Blast;
  • Metroid stealing the show again with this belting ending theme;
  • The obligatory remix of a tune you never knew you'd love: it's Gyromite;
  • Dance remix Corneria time!  (bobs in chair);
  • And finally, a piece of music so good that... well... er, that I linked to it here?  The OoT medley!

Then you get to the 3DS version, and there's only one other piece I'm willing to contemplate.  The perfect made perfecter.  Masterful.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 22:50

Well, you know me and the 3DS version of the game have a long and storied history - 500+ hours worth of history, at least.

Considering a lot of my time with this ended up being centred around beating up CPUs, I ended up sticking to a small selection of stages with as little bullshit as possible to smack around LVL 9s with no distractions from the stage, so my knowledge of the music in this is actually somewhat limited!

Still, I'm OFFENDED at the continued neglect of any Mother tracks in the lists so far. So here's a smattering of my faves from SSBB/SSB 3DS.

Magicant/Eight Melodies is a beautiful and mysterious track to suit the dreamlike stage it plays on - the Eight Melodies drifting in and out of the track is just lovely.

No crying till the end. Seriously, having played Mother 3 since the SSBB heyday, this track feels totally different. You'll know what I mean if you've, er, tracked down a way to play M3.

This is a banger. Mother music doesn't make for the best battle themes, but this is just so damn catchy. The bit where the track loops is fantastic.

And as it wouldn't be a post about Smash 4 without talking about its biggest newcomer, Mega Man...

I played a lot of matches on Omega Wily's Castle (fuck the Yellow Devil) thanks to this track. Wily Stage 2 is probably the most covered track in video game music history, but there's nothing quite like a well put together version of that track. Rock on, Rockman.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 3:08

Jimbob wrote:
Brawl's theme is absolutely amazing; almost slightly out of place. It did an absolutely fantastic job of conveying "SIR YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPREHEND A LOT OF MANY IMPORTANT THINGS". And better than a certain new song about light or something...
You and me are gonna have some fisticuffs, I think . . .

Quote :
And I'm also going to do the annoying commenter thing of "why didnt you include the one i like" - I'm absoultely down for Butter Building. Wait, that becomes a bad sentence I think...
Butter Buildings is something of a banger though . . . somewhat forgiven for your disgusting Lifelight comments.

Fascist Who Won't Let Andy Be Balladeer wrote:

Then you get to the 3DS version, and there's only one other piece I'm willing to contemplate.  The perfect made perfecter.  Masterful.
This one was earmarked for my list! I cut it because I have more attachment to the Goddess' Ballad and we've covered that great Gerudo Desert remix in this thread or the previous one a couple of times.

JayMoyles wrote:
Well, you know me and the 3DS version of the game have a long and storied history - 500+ hours worth of history, at least.
Heroic. This is why Bangers and Smash needs to happen.

Quote :
Still, I'm OFFENDED at the continued neglect of any Mother tracks in the lists so far. So here's a smattering of my faves from SSBB/SSB 3DS.

I really do need to play the Mothers at some point. I'm definitely gonna pick up a GBA copy of Mother 3 while I can.

Big fan of those Mega Man tunes though. The weird thing about Mega Man music is that the internet has already given us such a wealth of amazing covers and stuff, I didn't really feel the Smash version was so special.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 3:18

five

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Ssbwu

Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U is a weird one for me. It is the biggest Smash, technically, but I just didn't fully care. It all felt a little dry and clinical in a way. Maybe it's the unexciting name, maybe it's the way the two versions were released the-same-but-different, maybe it's the lack of dramatic cutsceney singleplayer content. It might even just be that it came out at a time when I couldn't get excited and play it the way I did with Brawl before it and the way I'm feeling I will Ultimate after.

Nonetheless, I did have enjoyable times with Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. The night it came out, I had all the lads around for a big session of smashing and getting smashed. Nobody was more excited than my mate Rich . . . until 5 minutes into the night when he realised he doesn't like playing Smash Bros. The highlight of that night was his fiance arriving to pick him up and finding him sat in the corner sulking.

I also had a whole bunch of good games with the gang of Nintendo-loving friends I met at my ol' Tesco job. Ah, good times . . . acting as tiny islands of light among awful, awful, soul-crushing times.

5: Midna's Lament
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 C5dd7e1cbf50fa11611db7b51d0c4891
This one is more or less just a nice clean version of an existing song. What a song it is, though! Lovely stuff, that Midna's Lament. Songs like this making the ranks is why Balla was asking me if I would insist on songs specifically made for Smash. The game is a celebration of Nintendo so this sort of song can't be ignored. It shouldn't come too high on the list, though.
Another lovely Taylor Davis cover.

4: Battle! Champion Cynthia
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 WiiU_SuperSmashBrosForWiiU_29
I said multiple times during the Pokemonathon how much I fucking love the Cynthia battle theme, and here's a tremendous orchestration of it. What more can I say? Bangerang.
Nice Jazz version.

3: Menu
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 WiiU_SuperSmashBrosForWiiU_09
Much like most of Smash 4, this is a functional stab at a Smash theme, but that's all it is. I like it, I guess, it doesn't feel out of place when I play a marathon of Smash themes. It just doesn't have the "thing" like Melee, Brawl, or Ultimate's exquisite theme songs.
Rock guitar cover thing.

2: Mario Bros.
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 WiiU_SuperSmashBrosForWiiU_08
Back in the Marioaluigiapalazoo last year, we were all pleasantly surprised how good the opening music from the original Mario Bros. was. Here it is dragged kicking and screaming into a lengthy, funky form. A good tune and a nice celebration of some real early Nintendo history.

1: Fated Battle
Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 WiiU_SuperSmashBrosForWiiU_01
Oh, did I say songs that are just taken wholesale from older games can't take the top spot? Too bad the ABSOLUTE GREATEST BANGER OF ALL TIME is on the soundtrack. This song has been constantly stuck in my head since I first beat Galaxy 2. No better music to fight to has ever been composed, be that in film, television, games or whatever. Unbeatable. Obvious winner.
Here's a guitar cover and here's a piano duet but honestly the original is still best.

TOMORROW: Colours weave into a spire of flame, distant sparks call to a pas still unnamed. Bear this torch against the cold of the night, search your soul and reawaken the undying light!

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 9:03

Drunkalilly wrote:
Here's a guitar cover
It's actually just a picture of a guitar cover sorry about that

I know a lot of the 100000 pieces of music in Ultimate will be copied from the previous iterations; I'm mega-excited for something new popping up and being like... "wait, is that... ōōōōōōōōōōōōōōō!"
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 12:17

Jimbob wrote:

It's actually just a picture of a guitar cover sorry about that

You reckon I get away with saying that was a deliberate gag? Yknow,valbum cover/ guitar cover . . . theres something there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 20:17

I'm starting to get really confused now.  I thought Mega Man 2 was a Wii U tune, and Midna's Lament was Brawl! Eh?

Anyway, Cynthia's theme is a banger, and so is anything by InsaneintheRain.  Unfounded Revenge is the best Mother song in Smash, but it's spoiled by being attached to the deeply inferior SSoP.  Magicant makes me go teary. Sad

As for my choices...  To the playlist-mobile!
  • First off, Bubblegum KK.  So flaming cheery!  And a great couple of transitions in the middle.
  • Stuff yer Bowser battles, this is epic music from the Mario franchise!  
  • Today's retro gem is from one of Pac-Man's weird platformers.  Somehow, it's still an utter beast.  It's really hummable and filled with energy.  Top battle tune!
  • Time for a break?  Relax with this most chill and lovely of Pilotwings tunes.  Not really appropriate for a fighting game, at all.  Bless you Smash.
  • And finally, I've raved about it before, but: Destroyed Skyworld is the best tune in the soundtrack.  It feels like an epic march to challenge a goddess in a fight to the death, but it's a fighting game piece. I chuffing love it.  Love it I say!

Time for one last tune?  Heh heh heh...

Drunkalilly wrote:
Fascist Who Won't Let Andy Be Balladeer

If Andy posts a video of himself playing a string instrument and singing along, I may consider it.  He's got to earn that Balladeer status.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 0:34

The Day Hath Come

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Smashbrosultimate-blogroll-1544048292689_400w

Now Balla shall know my pain (although Smash is probably a little less spoilable than Odyssey, and three weeks is way less than three months).

Once again we've got a real good main theme.

Obviously, you want dem lyrics.

Japanese is SO anime.

Tsuko G does a great cover of course.

This lassy did my favourite Odyssey cover and she's done Lifelight too.

And this one has some good guitar.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:51

Belter. That is pretty much all.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:32

There went the one opportunity where something on here could be accurately described as a 'banger'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 7 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next