Nobody Does Being Stranded Among the Dead Better than Luigi

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 18:54

I'm surprised you two have one game in common to be honest!  Less surprised that Mas and I have none. Laughing SWH is an excellent pick though, one that I hope to devote more time to in this thread later.  Maybe the music gets better later on but I can't remember a single good track from my starting of Night in the Woods - any you can link to, Mas? And Jas, genuine question: does Dark Souls have many actual tunes, or is it all just ethereal background warbling? I think Drunka might have done a feature on it a while back, but I can't remember how I found it.

Also, I notice there's maybe half a Nintendo game in those two lists: not fans of Odyssey, Smash, Spla2n et al. Masnjas?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 20:55

Balla wrote:
And Jas, genuine question: does Dark Souls have many actual tunes, or is it all just ethereal background warbling? I think Drunka might have done a feature on it a while back, but I can't remember how I found it.

Also, I notice there's maybe half a Nintendo game in those two lists: not fans of Odyssey, Smash, Spla2n et al. Masnjas?

For Dark souls it's just boss themes & I just really love the contrast of there being no background music during your normal adventure until you happen upon a boss. I do like the music of the games you mentioned there but my list was what just instantly sprung to mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 21:56

I would like to change my Final Fantasy from IX to VII as it does have more memorable tunes.

Music in the Nintendo games you bring up are fine but the ones I mention I would buy the soundtrack on vinyl where I wouldn't Super Mario Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 22:38

Fair enough, y'all like what you like!

The_Jaster wrote:
For Dark souls it's just boss themes & I just really love the contrast of there being no background music during your normal adventure until you happen upon a boss.

Aw, I really like background themes! I thought Hollow Knight, another game in a similar vein, balanced them really well for instance. Excellent boss tunes too, natch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 23:47

It definitely works well for Hollow Knight but I'm not sure it would for DaS, oh there is one exception in that the main hub (Firelink shrine) has it's own area theme.

In fact I'll never forget this one moment I had where after having a horrid time in Blighttown and getting entirely lost I eventually found an exit, then this piece of music started to play -  I recognised it instantly & the sense of relief was something else because I knew I wasn't lost anymore.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 21:39

Ah, that's a really nice tune. Very soothing. I can see/hear exactly why it had that effect on you. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2019 - 1:55

Balladeer wrote:

For the rest of you who haven't played the game ( Sad ), what are your top five Switch soundtracks so far?  I'd say it's this, Celeste, Odyssey, Smash, and then it depends if Wii U edits are allowed - if so Tropical Freeze, if not maybe Octopath.

Good question!

I'm probably going to share a lot of your Top 5, I reckon.

In no particular order...

SSBU
Octopath Traveller
Celeste
The World Ends With You: Final Remix
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Chuck in Sayonara Wild Hearts if TWEWY is banned in your opinion for being a port.

Agreed with Jas on that Firelink Shrine moment - I had exactly the same course of events and hearing that tune was just so relieving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 12:40

Somebody who's not me needs to do a big ol' SWH post in this thread. I don't remember enough of its indubitably fine tunes (beyond Begin Again). Also Jay, could I tempt you (or anybody else who fancies it) to throw some FETH tunes up in this thread? I love JRPG musics! (Not as much as Jay but still a fair bit.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 12:43

I reckon Drunka could do a good SWH week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2019 - 12:45

masofdas wrote:
I reckon Drunka could do a good SWH week.

Careful Mas, you'll make him angry...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 22:34

I could put up a FE:TH post, sure! Thumbs Up!

I'll put something together this week. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 15:37

The year was 2022... Wink

On another note: Shovel Knight lullabies anyone? I’m sure they’ll be good, it’s just... I don’t... Who asked for this?? Confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (Smash Things With Giant Sticky Balls)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11