Please go vote in the 2019 Annual Awards! We've only had one voting thread all decade...

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Sheegoth
Jimbob

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 20:46

Oooh - catching up. Quick summary (sorry)
  • At the risk of repeating myself, I really like what they've done with the Pokemon Sword and Shield music, having a different atmosphere for the region
  • I want to like the music to Sayonara Wild Hearts, but it's just tipping over into Clubland for me
  • The Dragon Quest opening theme is still ace - I've not even played a mainline game, but I end up singing it jokingly if something new suddenly turns up at home

masofdas wrote:
You should be playing this platformer
I will, in a minute - Jeez! Love this music already. A lot of fun

masofdas wrote:
I'm a hipster, as none of you would have played this game this year
I will, in a minute - Jeez! Love this music already. A lot of definitely not fun
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2020 - 16:32

Goodman Jim get on those games, you'll love Lucky.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 1:59

Balladeer wrote:
5. Dragon Quest XI S - Opening
The Dragon Quest theme is a good'n, but I really don't feel much desire to play the DQ games. I think they all look samey in a way the Final Fantasy games don't to me? I guess I should try one or two out.

Quote :
4. Steamworld Quest - Action Over Words
This is a fun little track. I still have yet to play a single Steamworld game. . .

Quote :
3. Deltarune - The World Revolving Toby Fox game.  Tough-as-nails bonus boss.  Nuff said.
You're not wriong, the man knows his stuff: and this game is definitely on my list. I reckon I want to do a more complete playthrough of OT first, though.

Quote :
2. Pokémon Sword/Shield - Storming the Tower (SPOILERS)
Hmm, a surprising pick. Really fun stuff, though, feels like a good old-fashioned adventure.

Quote :
Jim Sterling
The natural reaction to this muzak, for sure. Fuck, I really wanna go clubbing . . . it's been so long!

Quote :
1. Sayonara Wild Hearts - Dead of Night
Another good one from a soundtrack of gold. Strong Kylie Minogue vibes here.

Quote :
Mine

This one is nice bubblegum pop. I need to get this soundtrack on my phone for running and gym and that . . .

Quote :
Begin Again was up there too.  Missile's Theme was not.
Sssshhh.

Quote :
Top work Drunka, this has been a brill project! Applause Still time for Jay to join Jim and me in fulfilling his prediction...
Yeah, sort your lives out, ya fuckers.

masofdas wrote:
Can't think of the Robin Sparkles song with a robot unless it was two beavers.
The robot is her little sidekick, he shows up in Let's Go To The Mall and Sandcastles in the Sand.

Quote :
The best song EVER!
Banger, to be fair. If I can find a way to share it on here, that's a stupendous video of my friend Holly and I going absolutely bonkers to this in our pyjamas.

Quote :
One of the many RPG's not called Dragon Quest to get ported this year to Switch
A time machine back to the mid-00s!

Quote :
This one might be better
Nice.

Quote :
From the best RPG on Switch
Urgh stop reminding me all these FF games exist that I've not played . . .

Quote :
I'll stop with the RPG's after this
This is a tune, to be fair. I plan to make Shen play NNK for me so I don't have to :p

Quote :
You should be playing this platformer
Am I gonna take platformer advice from the resident Sonic fan?

Quote :
I'm a hipster, as none of you would have played this game this year
I will have you know I've had this in my wishlist since before it even released on Switch! It was one of Sean Bell's GOTY picks last year and I'm dead keen to play it when I've reduced the backlog a little.

Well, that's a wrap! Thanks a bunch, you two. Fucks a bunch to the rest of you. Here's looking to my return to this thread, be that when I get propert internet or next year when I do this again, whichever comes first Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 9:54

Don't take my word on Super Lucky, look at the reviews for it on Switch likely from Mario fans.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
5. Dragon Quest XI S - Opening
The Dragon Quest theme is a good'n, but I really don't feel much desire to play the DQ games. I think they all look samey in a way the Final Fantasy games don't to me? I guess I should try one or two out.

Having given up a bit on DQXI I'd say this is pretty much bang on. Good music though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 (NIN TEN YEARS)
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14