We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyWed 01 Jan 2020, 20:46

Oooh - catching up. Quick summary (sorry)
  • At the risk of repeating myself, I really like what they've done with the Pokemon Sword and Shield music, having a different atmosphere for the region
  • I want to like the music to Sayonara Wild Hearts, but it's just tipping over into Clubland for me
  • The Dragon Quest opening theme is still ace - I've not even played a mainline game, but I end up singing it jokingly if something new suddenly turns up at home

masofdas wrote:
You should be playing this platformer
I will, in a minute - Jeez! Love this music already. A lot of fun

masofdas wrote:
I'm a hipster, as none of you would have played this game this year
I will, in a minute - Jeez! Love this music already. A lot of definitely not fun
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyFri 03 Jan 2020, 16:32

Goodman Jim get on those games, you'll love Lucky.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 01:59

Balladeer wrote:
5. Dragon Quest XI S - Opening
The Dragon Quest theme is a good'n, but I really don't feel much desire to play the DQ games. I think they all look samey in a way the Final Fantasy games don't to me? I guess I should try one or two out.

Quote :
4. Steamworld Quest - Action Over Words
This is a fun little track. I still have yet to play a single Steamworld game. . .

Quote :
3. Deltarune - The World Revolving Toby Fox game.  Tough-as-nails bonus boss.  Nuff said.
You're not wriong, the man knows his stuff: and this game is definitely on my list. I reckon I want to do a more complete playthrough of OT first, though.

Quote :
2. Pokémon Sword/Shield - Storming the Tower (SPOILERS)
Hmm, a surprising pick. Really fun stuff, though, feels like a good old-fashioned adventure.

Quote :
Jim Sterling
The natural reaction to this muzak, for sure. Fuck, I really wanna go clubbing . . . it's been so long!

Quote :
1. Sayonara Wild Hearts - Dead of Night
Another good one from a soundtrack of gold. Strong Kylie Minogue vibes here.

Quote :
Mine

This one is nice bubblegum pop. I need to get this soundtrack on my phone for running and gym and that . . .

Quote :
Begin Again was up there too.  Missile's Theme was not.
Sssshhh.

Quote :
Top work Drunka, this has been a brill project! Applause Still time for Jay to join Jim and me in fulfilling his prediction...
Yeah, sort your lives out, ya fuckers.

masofdas wrote:
Can't think of the Robin Sparkles song with a robot unless it was two beavers.
The robot is her little sidekick, he shows up in Let's Go To The Mall and Sandcastles in the Sand.

Quote :
The best song EVER!
Banger, to be fair. If I can find a way to share it on here, that's a stupendous video of my friend Holly and I going absolutely bonkers to this in our pyjamas.

Quote :
One of the many RPG's not called Dragon Quest to get ported this year to Switch
A time machine back to the mid-00s!

Quote :
This one might be better
Nice.

Quote :
From the best RPG on Switch
Urgh stop reminding me all these FF games exist that I've not played . . .

Quote :
I'll stop with the RPG's after this
This is a tune, to be fair. I plan to make Shen play NNK for me so I don't have to :p

Quote :
You should be playing this platformer
Am I gonna take platformer advice from the resident Sonic fan?

Quote :
I'm a hipster, as none of you would have played this game this year
I will have you know I've had this in my wishlist since before it even released on Switch! It was one of Sean Bell's GOTY picks last year and I'm dead keen to play it when I've reduced the backlog a little.

Well, that's a wrap! Thanks a bunch, you two. Fucks a bunch to the rest of you. Here's looking to my return to this thread, be that when I get propert internet or next year when I do this again, whichever comes first Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 09:54

Don't take my word on Super Lucky, look at the reviews for it on Switch likely from Mario fans.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 20:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
5. Dragon Quest XI S - Opening
The Dragon Quest theme is a good'n, but I really don't feel much desire to play the DQ games. I think they all look samey in a way the Final Fantasy games don't to me? I guess I should try one or two out.

Having given up a bit on DQXI I'd say this is pretty much bang on. Good music though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 19:47

A Hat in Time

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 H08r6aevrmu21

Been a while since we had one of these!  Probably because nothing could live up to Summerhayes' recent project, but with that fading into the rear-view mirror as we drive down the road of the 2020s, I'm going to start afresh with a game we all missed that's been delighting me recently.  Almost everything about it is delightful: worlds, writing, aesthetics, and - yep - soundtrack.  Here are a few of my faves.

Welcome to Mafia Town!

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F9u3wUCKOKeo%2Fhqdefault

The first level gets the cheery theme it deserves, only - it's a seaside town that's been overrun by the Mafia of Cooks, so not quite.  Its minor key and almost creepy initial instrument choice can't disguise the inherent bounciness and charm of the piece.  Not sure if it's the best music, but I'd say it's the most hummable.

Spooky remix by the game's head composer.  

Your Contract has Expired

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fa-hat-in-time%2Fimages%2F0%2F07%2FSubconForest

The third world's boss, and YouTube's favourite piece of music from the game.  I have to say, initially I didn't understand why.  It kicks off with a standard bossification of the level music.  Give it time: it only really kicks in at 0:55, at which point it becomes something that Toby Fox would be proud of.  Can't say much more than that really.

This super Eurobeat remix jumps right in at the good bit.

Alpine Skyline at Night

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fassets1.ignimgs.com%2Fthumbs%2FuserUploaded%2F2017%2F10%2F2%2Fhat-in-time-art-1506970541497_1280w

I actually found the final mission of the fourth world... a bit dull, almost.  Almost.  The reason I didn't is right here: proper heroic feeling music.  Bounding over the mountains at night, with this playing as you jump, you feel like the hero this world deserves, and the one it needs right now.  Turns up in the DLC as well, in similarly dire straits.

Much more whimsical remix.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 20:20

Christ almighty, you've missed all the best tunes!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 20:53

Floor's yours Cappa! And indeed anybody else.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 21:04

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 03 Feb 2020, 22:07

I'd be delighted at any form of cricket game, but it's not on a Ninty machine. Naughty To Mas' thread with that one!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptySun 01 Mar 2020, 18:43

I was going to link to some Animal Crossing tunes ahead of New Horizons coming out in a few weeks, but in truth I think youse should just go listen to that original soundtrack for yourselves - it's absolute tune after absolute tune:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLr-_-CJi8UW2B1G1b6Bi1s-KV_pfKhEG

You can wire into this too, it's arguably the single best thing about amiibo Festival:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 03 Mar 2020, 15:59

The Animal Crossing soundtrack's full of belters (5pm stood out for me as a really nice one), but... Jesus Christ, 2am! No I think it's fitting that the single best thing about amiibo Festival sounds like one of the weaker pieces from Kirby's Epic Yarn in the quality stakes.

I might subject y'all to the majesty of Cat Quest 2's soundtrack in the near future. In the meantime, this utter banger is exactly what I wanted from a game pretending to be Castlevania. Shame the area in question struggles like a sheep in treacle on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020, 12:15

Murder by Numbers

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgematsu.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F10%2FMurder-by-Numbers_10-09-19

Let's not beat about the bush: Murder by Numbers' soundtrack was composed by Masakazu Sugimori, Mr. Ace Attorney And Ghost Trick Music.  It's chock-full of absolute belters.  Here are three of my faves:

Puzzle ~ The Digital Detective

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.ctfassets.net%2Fq092pc69zo4z%2F5g4i0qa7B3edxl7tGUYk8Y%2Fddc5aec4143250a6db3112a811e34387%2FPixelPuzzleRevealed

The puzzles were my least favourite bit of this puzzle game.  The selection of chirpy puzzle-solving tracks helped to keep me going.  This is probably my favourite: one of many bouncy hummable tunes, I'm particularly fond of the drop that's accompanied by the rushing wind.  Music to bob in your chair to.

Pursuit Deduction ~ One Step Forward

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heypoorplayer.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2F1140290_screenshots_20200308170354_1-1024x576

Trouble is, most of the other pieces require a bit of context.  Here's one that doesn't, because what is a good Ace Attorney-adjacent game without a good Pursuit-adjacent tune?  This isn't one of my favourites: I don't think the MIDI strings quite fit, despite seeing what they did there with the remix of the main theme.  That said, it's perhaps unfair to judge these against Sugimori's normal high standards.  It's still a good tense piece that symbolises getting closer to the crux of the mystery!

Introduction Theme

I save the best for last!  The intro is absolutely delightful, and a major part of that is the music.  Maybe the best bit of the game?  It's certainly in contention!  I love it.

~  ~  ~

From the sublime to the ridiculous.  I know that Jay's fond of ragging on whichever Digimon game it is that has poorly recorded ambient noise instead of music, but maybe that's for the best?  This is theme from the main dungeon-like area in Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and it's ear-screechingly atonally dreadful!  I thought JRPGs were meant to have good music? Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2020, 23:49

I must admit, none of those Murder by Numbers tracks particularly appealed to me! They were absolutely fine and inoffensive, but I reckon I'd forget them not long after playing the game. Maybe there was an unconscious comparison to AA going there though, which is unfair.

And aye, that Digimon track was shite! Oof, if that's the main area track, that's a bummer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 31 Mar 2020, 20:39

So, I found this due to Danny Baranowsky (Composer for Cadence of Hyrule) retweeting it a few days ago and it's just the best thing ever!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptySat 04 Apr 2020, 14:34

Laughing Is he the shopkeeper chap? Quite the voice, in any case!

JayMoyles wrote:
I must admit, none of those Murder by Numbers tracks particularly appealed to me! They were absolutely fine and inoffensive, but I reckon I'd forget them not long after playing the game. Maybe there was an unconscious comparison to AA going there though, which is unfair.

And aye, that Digimon track was shite! Oof, if that's the main area track, that's a bummer.

Maybe you need to play it? Neutral I really thought they stood up. It was the main area - it actually had some pretty good tunes in places, but none of them really stood out. That one played for far too long and drove me mad.

- - -

Enough of that, though, because it's time for a question. What videogame music have you been listening to to keep you sane in the lockdown? Or is it just me who has that as part of his lockdown sanity routine?

I've been having a great time listening to the entire Sayonara Wild Hearts soundtrack without breaks. It's a rollercoaster. Helped me with my office job, too.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptySat 04 Apr 2020, 18:04

Balla wrote:

Laughing Is he the shopkeeper chap? Quite the voice, in any case!

Not really, these are just him doing covers. Shocked

Funny story though when the devs found out about him doing these for crypt of the necrodancer they actually later added him as DLC. (the original shopkeeper is done with a midi keyboard)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptySun 05 Apr 2020, 21:22

I listened to the vocal tracks from Sayonara Wild Hearts on loop around the time that the game released, so I can definitely attest to that soundtrack being a great time!

I've had some of my favourite tracks from the Undertale and Deltarune soundtracks playing on Spotify whenever I've been doing housework. Field of Hopes and Dreams is still a standout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 07 Apr 2020, 19:49

YASS. Bangers all (well, most). And another excuse for me to post The World Revolving.

The_Jaster wrote:
Funny story though when the devs found out about him doing these for crypt of the necrodancer they actually later added him as DLC. (the original shopkeeper is done with a midi keyboard)  

Aww, that's a nice story! Glad it worked out for him.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 12 May 2020, 19:53

All right chumps: what's your favourite Animal Crossing hour tune?

I've found myself becoming quite a fan of 5pm. The 'wow wow wow' backing track, combined with a decidedly funky feel, make this one that I really enjoy. Perfect for the time of day when the sun's juuuuuust slipping down, too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 12 May 2020, 21:20

I know you specifically asked us to choose, but... I can't choose! I love nearly all of them. Right now, 9PM is playing behind me, with it's "sneaking about, it's past your bedtime" vibe.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 12 May 2020, 21:59

6am is underappreciated, and one you'll probably not have heard because you're still in your wanking chariot at 6am.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyTue 12 May 2020, 22:35

What I do in my car is my own business
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyThu 14 May 2020, 19:00

'Grabbing your handbrake,' hur hur.

Six am is a very chill piece that indeed, I'd never heard before. I've not played the game between the hours of 12 and 6 at all. 9am is the soundtrack of a big ol' spider looking for a opening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 EmptyFri 22 May 2020, 16:36

Balla's Top Summer Tunes

Not, it must be stressed, top hot tunes.  No desert musics here.  Instead, music that drums up blue skies and idyllic weather, cool drinks and relaxation - perfect for the season that we're moving into.

I was going to put up Summer, but that's got a horribly synthetic bee noise that really put my teeth on edge.  This, on the other hand, has birdsong, crickets chirping, and a real summery feel despite the claimed season.  Grant Kirkhope did a lot with what little he had.

Can't let a summer music feature go past without a touch of Mario Sunshine!  Compared to Click-Clock Wood (Spring), this is definitely a sunbathing piece, or gently bobbing in the ocean.  Conjures up azure skies going on forever.  Aah...

And now, a more recent take.  Monster Boy is the spiritual successor to the Wonder Boy series, and nowhere is that clearer than in this chirpy upbeat tune, lifted wholesale and spruced up.  Monster Boy has a really good soundtrack: this may not exactly be original, but I think it's splendid uplifting beach music!

Post your own!  Or don't.  Either/or.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 27 Jul 2020, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 14 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next