We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2020 - 22:37

Ah I see. I can see that interpretation and it wasn't one I thought of. I was just going by the JSR Wikipedia article and how many machines it's apparently on now.

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 0:38

Day 5: Hub/overworld music

I chose the music from when you first start your kingdom in Little King's Story. It changes when you build it up more but I prefer this tune - jaunty but very classical (or romantic?) - a perfect fit for a little king on the rise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 8:35

Jim will be gutted you’ve used LKS!  It’s definitely more romantic era in tone, but weirdly I don’t recognise the piece.  Very ‘little town’ - I think I prefer the more developed option myself.

After I didn’t use Petal Meadows for the first level track, this was the only place I was reasonably going to fit in my third-favourite game of all time - the music is I think the weakest aspect of the game.  I really think this is good hub music though.  It isn’t familiarly chirpy Mario-ish music, which immediately tells you that Mario’s out of his comfort zone in a hive of scum and villainy.  Otherwise, I just think it’s a good piece with a good tune from a great game.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:07

You wee jobby! I was hoping to get the Doopliss battle theme in for the boss battle music round. That said, there's no shortage of boss battles with great music, so I'm sure I'll get over it.

Balladeer wrote:
Jim will be gutted you’ve used LKS!

Well Jim "immediately chose Super Mario 64 and Link to the Past" bob can deal with it I'm sure Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:22

Buh huh huh huh! I was actually considering the Shadow Sirens for boss week, but I don’t actually like most of the battle music that much?  Or most of the music in general.  I’d say it errs on the side of odd rather than good.  Doopliss was a great boss and character though.

The best TTYD music is of course the Moon Base and no I’m not sorry for going on about TTYD again.  Appreciate your support Rum. Very Happy

And yep when you put it like that he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:23

Overworld Theme
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:27

Mas is also a wee jobby! I was definitely using FFVI for 16-bit week if it got that far. Retro FF does have some great tunes though, can’t blame him there. Weirdly, at first I thought he was using the ‘real’ FFIII, which was my other consideration for this week.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:30

I've never played the real FFIII and couldn't tell ya a good track. Also I did Sonic 2, so Sonic 1 is still available if anyone wants it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:33

Little King's Story is good, very apt and sounds like the start of a game.
Paper Mario, you're right, doesn't really have standout music but then I guess that would deflect from the writing maybe? I remember this one well though, from getting frequently lost in TTYD.

My choice is the Super Mario Sunshine hub world music. It's one my favourite pieces of game music - God, it just sums up that sunny, carefree aesthetic of Delfino Plaza perfectly.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:37

AAAAAAAAARGH I was going to pick Sky and Sea tomorrow! Hissy fit But kind of suspected I wouldn’t get the chance because Delfino Plaza is (yes) a banger.

Mas your video says ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’. Is that not Sonic 1? I’m confused. Regardless I’ve changed it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 12:22

Catch Up on Day 4 Chat:

Day 5:

I'll give you a future glimpse into an N64 game I'll be reviewing at some point. It's a tune from the one I'm playing right now: here's the Overworld theme from Mystical Ninja 2: Starring Goemon.

That game has an amazing soundtrack, basically, and you hear a lot of this tune. You might also recognise it as a remix of the Fuji Mountain theme from the first Mystical Ninja on N64 .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 12:27

I mean Panzer Dragoon Saga as a game stuck on a system still, like you don't get more exclusive then that it's been just on Saturn for about 25 years and often the game people want ported well after Earthbound which has now happend.

Also yeah I got my Sonic's mixed up that Sonic 2 is fair game again
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 12:37

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (the original) is one of the games I regret not playing at the time.  That music is decidedly funkier than I was expecting!  It’s a good tune but I prefer the instrumentation of the original.

Also: how many versions of Ebisumaru does 2 have?  I count three in that picture. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 15:51

Little King's Story was very nearly used by me yesterday until I remembered the PS Vita game which completely rips off Nintendo's"New" branding, some lovely wee tunes in that game. Not that keen on the Rogueport music, probably because it has a bit in common with the music in sand based Mario levels which usually suck, TTYD of course does not but that's where my brain went.

Really like the FF VI music which should go without saying as that series has countless classics. Delfino Plaza is a banger and absolutely had to feature at some point and much like Balla I wasn't expecting it to sound anything like that, I'm getting quite a few Donkey Kong Country vibes from it.

I've gone for a much less obvious choice than most I've done so far although probably not that surprising as I'm often bringing up this game.

I shared what's probably my favourite tune from My Time at Portia a few weeks back which was the Summer Overworld music, this is a close second. With 2020 seemingly all blending in to one, we might as well start calling it Winter now and this song just screams an overcast, snowy day to me.

Last time around...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 16:02

I'll make proper feedback posts at the weekend; I'm just about to enter a three-day stretch of eleven-hour shifts and im knackered before it even begins.

Anyway, hub:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 19:10

Ryoshima Coast is top-tier.  Portia Winter - yep, definitely getting the snowy overcast vibes.  Hoville is a sand-based Mario level ya git. DAMN YOU!

ME3 is that rare thing, a non-melodic piece that I really get on with.  Lovely bass there. Good luck with the shifts...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 19:53

Rum wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Jim will be gutted you’ve used LKS!

Well Jim "immediately chose Super Mario 64 and Link to the Past" bob can deal with it I'm sure Winky Face
Yep - yep - I deserve that! Laughing

Loving the hub music so far - I expected the plinky plonky Mass Effect galaxy music to appear somewhere! That's the way to do ambient.
I'm going to steal another biggy - but deliberately ignoring a slightly bigger biggy by picking the almost as big sequel.

This one's pretty perfect. It's an epic joruney, but not a Last-Of-Us-serious one.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2020 - 20:03

Jimbob wrote:
THE MOST KIRKHOPEY KIRKHOPE YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO KIRK

Glorious. Laughing I don't actually think Gruntilda's Lair is all that anyway, but that is pure stereotype!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 5:27

I don't really listen to music outside the car that certainly don't have it to relax but this game has a relaxed mode even with zen images in the background. When you are playing through the campaign the tunes do ramp though, anyway wasn't sure which song that I went for this new trailer with the main theme

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 9:11

That Mystical Ninja 2 track is VERY N64 - it makes me think of all the N64 games I no longer think about, including the first Mystical Ninja. The kind of game I'd pick up in a 3 for £20 with Revolt and Forsaken. I need to listen to more N64 music.
The My Time at Portia music felt like a big warm hug - like a Friday evening after you've had your tea and knew you had a free weekend of gaming ahead. Definitely nails the winter vibes.
Mass Effect nails the sci-fi feel better than Halo did and while I haven't played any ME game (burn him at the stakes!) this sounds more like menu or pause screen music - maybe I need to play it to experience it properly.
That Banjo banger is soooo good. And you know it's a great piece when you could hear just the music and associate it with Banjo-Kazooie. A bit goofy, yet playful and evocative of the giant eyed Rare platformers. What an era.
Is that a tune from Tetris Effect? Doesn't sound like a Tetris piece and not something I'd find myself relaxing to, given it's got a hefty drop. I'd be closing my eyes and nodding my head (and inevitably filling the screen with blocks!)

My pick is one that will immediately make you sigh in relief. A genuine piece of music that has calmed me down or reduced my heartrate. The music in Resi 4 is excellent and this is a favourite

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 9:57

Day 6: Music that makes you feel relaxed

Here's the town theme from Stardew Valley - though pretty much any tune from this game could be considered relaxing. That said, it's pretty stressful when you gift someone a parsnip and they sneer and say "I don't know why you're giving me this". I JUST WANT YOU TO FALL IN LOVE WITH ME

I'll be honest, the Tetris Effect music didn't seem particularly relaxing at all, though it does seem like something you'd hear on the radio and have on as background music. The Resident Evil 4 music made me feel slightly tense, but I think that's just because you set the scene of feeling tense and getting to relax when you hear this music Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 10:11

Yeah all Tetris Effect is like that tune which is like the main theme, the whole game is a banger maybe the perfect game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 12:19

Catch Up On Day 5 Chat:

Day 6: Music That Makes You Feel Relaxed

Another N64 game from me here, here’s the tune from the Blue Resort level in Bomberman 64:

I could have used this song for Day 13 (Music You Like From A Game You Dislike), but I think it’s a soothing and dreamy track that suits today’s theme much better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:52

I apologise for what's about to happen. I'm going to catch up AND comment on all your picks. Spoiler boxed by to avoid killing the thread, natch.

Day 1: Title Music:

Day 2: First Level Themes:

Day 3: 8-bit:

Day 4: Console Exclusives:

Day 5 - Overworld/Hub Areas:

Day 6: Relaxing Tunes:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2020 - 15:41

Huh, I guess my answers for today and yesterday are interchangeable.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 18 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next