We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 9:42

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 10:59

Mas is right that, assuming Buska and his red-blooded American penis are playing on Really Hard Mode now, Mas picked Sonic 1 (and indeed the same music) back on Day 2.  He is of course wrong about everything else.

Looks like my sad piece worked on one person!  Albeit not for the intended reasons.  Now, Day 13.  How much do I want to irk Rum...?

Not enough.  Belting little piece, this.  The one thing I really liked about Sticker Star is the soundtrack, and normally I'd go with Gooper Blooper; but when I posted it for NIN TEN YEARS it was suggested that it was a bit too contextual.  This is lovely chirpy piece with just a hint of frost and just a hint of saxual content.  I think it's really great!  There's also this synth-heavy version which plays when you hop onto an ice flow: slightly different mood, still a top tune.

Pondered choice:

Why the heck is HFF's soundtrack music so tragic?  Really good choice Smurf, but... why!? Confused Maybe it's the name talking about humanity in general?  Hollow Knight obviously another good previous choice.  Top ambience, up with GJones' earlier pick as far as mood-setting goes.

Journey and SotC, GNamer's two most controversially disliked pieces.  Unless that too is controversial?  Lovely Journey piece, I like the chimes because of course I do.  SotC starts really well, but sad oohs and aahs out of context do automatically make my brain do a 'cliché Rolling Eyes ' thing and I don't like the sliding unresolved bits at around 0:55.  

Ignoring the obvious in Mas' post, Sidon's tune is fine, unobnoxious; but BotW has a lot of better options, which is just one thing that contributes to it being an excellent excellent game.  I'd go through some of them, but Buska and I did that in the third and fourth posts of this very thread (even if most of the links are broken now) so I'll just stick my fave in here.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 11:19

Went for Sidon because he's great and part from maybe title theme, can't think of much else from BotW unlike the other Zelda's which maybe seen later in this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:32

I thought Mas had gone for Sonic 2 but no, it was 1 and you labelled it 2 or something like that?

Alright then, have this instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:34

What's this games Mas likes day
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:37

Have you had a COVID test recently mate? Loss of taste is a symptom . . .

To be fair, there aren't many games I actually dislike - at least, not that I've bothered to play or aren't utter shit. I wasn't gonna post the Frenchy Bird music, was I?
Infinite is just overrated and so disappointing compared to 1&2.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:41

masofdas wrote:
I was thinking more Buska singing Mad World.  

It took me a minute there to remember what Mas was on about there. It was this, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 13:41

Well yeah it's not as good as BioShock, hard to be that good but compared to BioShock 2 (sorry Rum) it's miles better and I would have said Infinite was underrated especially due to it coming out in 2013 with most eyes on Last of Us Part I etc
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 14:49

I definitely think there's more to Human Fall Flat to justify the sad music, I remember there being some dark sounding bits of text near the start of the game but beyond that I remember the game as fun rather than sad, when I'm singing Miley Cyrus to myself as I swing on a wrecking ball through a wall, it's hard to take it seriously. I think it would be a great game for multiplayer sessions I should add, it's also currently on sale on the eShop. Cheeky

I can honestly say there was no intention of coming at you with my pick Mas, that being said I now feel like a Double Bastard for being responsible for BotW no longer being available for everyone else (it was already out of the question for me thanks to Super Super Hard Mode). Balla is right though, there was so many better options but I guess if you're gonna speed run the game you probably won't notice much of the music (no more shots now I promise).

Both of Balla's potential choices were good, I didn't get to that point in Sticker Star but I can safely say the music exceeds the quality of the game. Like the Bioshock one, not overcomplicated just a nice song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 15:02

That is definitely true about Sticker Star.  For all that Mas and Rum might say I moan a lot, and for all that I might actually moan a lot, I actually found this a pretty tricky day!  If I properly don't like a game I normally don't get far enough into it to make a judgement about the soundtrack.  My playthrough of PMSS was me running on the fumes from the previous titles I think...  (Also it did have its good points.)

Buskalilly wrote:
I thought Mas had gone for Sonic 2 but no, it was 1 and you labelled it 2 or something like that?

That's fair, it all got a bit confusing:

masofdas wrote:
I've never played the real FFIII and couldn't tell ya a good track. Also I did Sonic 2, so Sonic 1 is still available if anyone wants it.

Balladeer wrote:
Mas your video says ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’.  Is that not Sonic 1?  I’m confused.  Regardless I’ve changed it.

masofdas wrote:
Also yeah I got my Sonic's mixed up that Sonic 2 is fair game again

The list should now be correct!  That song's very spiritual-esque - ah, and that's why!  I was about to get all awkward about composing a spiritual (given their history) in a videogame (although if I recall right BSI does deal with racism?  Not sure how well...), but I guess if it's a cover of another song then it's probably fair game. Anyway, it's very nice. Curious about the context.

Laughing at that cover.  Lovely stuff.  Maybe we should all do covers of us singing for Day 19!  (And maybe not.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 19:25

Right, Day 13!

This is a tough one as I'm usually pretty easygoing with games and don't actively dislike many of them. There was one that comes to mind though...

Dante's second battle theme from DMC2 is actually quite good in my eyes! It gives me big Tekken vibes with the main guitar riff and has a very early 00s vibe which I dig. It's an intense battle theme which hardly befits an action game where the best strategy is often to just hold down the shoot button. That sadly means you probably won't hear this in-game over the sounds of "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG *pause to dodge enemy* BANGBANGBANGBANG "sound of Dante jumping to avoid attack* BANGBANGBANG ad nauseum".

Some thoughts on your recent picks!

Jimbob: I can't say I was expecting to hear what was effectively a drum and bass song in a Tetris game, but there we go. The Talos track was a calming counterpiece to that.

Smurf: That was indeed surprisingly sombre from Human Fall Flat. Sad
Journey has a cracking soundtrack, so I very much enjoyed listening to that piece again. Makes me want to replay the game, but my first time felt special in its own way, so I'm loathe to mar that initial experience.

Buska: A flagrant breaking of the rules from a man who said he was joining in Super Hard Mode! Sound the alarms, call the hounds, raise some hell.

That Bioshock Infinite track made up for it though - I totally forgot about that wee bit in the game.

Mas: Booooooooo (it's a great track though, fits Sidon perfectly)

Balla: Oh that was a lovely piece from Paper Mario! Loved the percussion playing through the whole track. Brilliant stuff!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 20:29

Thoughts:

Day 12: Music that makes you feel sad

Shenmue the game may have dated in terms of gameplay, dialogue, QTEs, pacing (OK it's aged like milk), but the soundtrack is a beautiful collection of orchestral and piano pieces that are full of distilled nostalgia. Considering the game is on the Dreamcast, and set in the 1980s, it's nostalgia within nostalgia, and this track always make me sad. Mostly because the Dreamcast was short-lived, Shenmue was a dead franchise and I played this when I was 14 - all things that when I look back at them, make me sad.

Day 13: Music you like from a game you don't like

Ecco the Dolphin's main theme is class, but Ecco... Mate. Your games are too hard and aren't the classics you think they are. But they could have been. Most of the music in Ecco is excellent, but the game itself is where it all takes a nosedive (sorry).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020 - 22:08

Ecco The Dolphin absolutely sucks, but it probably would have been my choice today if it weren't already away.

Day 13: Music From A Game You Don't Like

I've picked the Game Point tune from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

A mechanically sound Wii U game of tennis, but impossible to like for a whole load of reasons. This tune is the most exciting thing about it - it sounds like the musicians would have had a great time recording it. I think it could almost pass for a tune in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and everybody knows how good that OST is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 0:03

Before anyone beats me to the greatest that is
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 0:18

Day 14: Music With Lyrics

You could fill this whole day with Metal Gear tunes. . . So I think we should do exactly that!

Even before I saw Mas' post, I had this one in my clipboard. Snake Eater is the one people remember but I would put SotF and Heaven's Divide from Peace Walker above it.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Fri 14 Aug 2020 - 0:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 0:21

Balladeer wrote:
(although if I recall right BSI does deal with racism?  Not sure how well...)

Exceptionally poorly.

Some good tunes there from games we don't like. Apart from Mas being Mas, I don't think anyone rocked the boat too hard with their choices of games.

JayMoyles wrote:
Buska: A flagrant breaking of the rules from a man who said he was joining in Super Hard Mode! Sound the alarms, call the hounds, raise some hell.

Yeah? What you gonna do about it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 8:13

Hi my name is Balladeer and I have never played a Metal Gear game.

Musical Spoilers for Super Mario Odyssey:

My backup choice was of course the only slightly less superlative Xenoblade Chronicles X flying theme.  Feedback later when I’m not on the move.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 9:29

Ohh yeah lot's could be from Metal Gear today.

Hey you guys picked okay mainly Smurf picked stuff from games I love and much like what you said Buska & Jay, I don't really dislike games with only three or so that I could think of BotW, Fallout 3 (no idea if it has any good tunes) and Xenoblade Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 10:00

Balladeer wrote:
Hi my name is Balladeer and I have never played a Metal Gear game.

Hi my name is gjones and I tried three of them, and I don't understand the hype. I played Metal Gear Solid 2 and the first disc of Twin Snakes. And the first hour of Phantom Pain. I'm not a fan, BUT I came to the series after playing the Splinter Cell series, which I feel is the better stealth series. I did consider a Metal Gear or a Crash Bandicoot game for game I don't like, but they are more "games I think are fine but everyone else thinks are amazing, so by comparison it feels like I don't like them, when actually I do, just not THAT much"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 10:11

As someone that's played basically every Metal Gear and Splinter Cell, you're right Splinter Cell is the better stealth series but I find them so different it's like comparing Counter Strike to Halo, Mario Kart to Project Cars same genre but very different. That if you go into Metal Gear thinking you'll get something Splinter Cell you'll be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 12:29

That's a good thread conversation to be had.  Thumbs Up!

~

Day 14: Music Featuring Vocals

I've not gone into this thread thinking 'I want to use Sky Odyssey this day, and Bomberman 64 that day' or anything, I usually just pick something I fancy on the day. Today isn't that case though, I've known what I'm choosing since Balladeer first suggested this challenge. I'm choosing the game Metal Gear wishes it was, I'm having the theme from Cannon Fodder for the Amiga.

It's the best song that anybody's posting today, if we're being honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 15:47

Days 13 and prior:

Obviously I know Snake Eater - even I know Snake Eater.  It's very 'what James Bond's composer did next', but I don't think the rest quite matches up to the original belting trumpet motif and the crooned 'what a thrill'.  I'm a bigger fan of SotF too I think, but I like the bit before the lyrics more!

Did they really fit that piece into the Amiga? Surprised That's quite something!  It's no Break Free, but I like it a lot. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 16:22

Balladeer wrote:
Musical Spoilers for Super Mario Odyssey:
That's a fun track from a great moment but it doesn't even come close to Jump Up for me. I mean, I literally just listened to it, but as I type this I can't remember it but I can hear Jump Up in its entirety playing in my head.

Quote :
My backup choice was of course the only slightly less superlative Xenoblade Chronicles X flying theme.  
Also decent.
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
That's a good thread conversation to be had.  Thumbs Up!
the theme from Cannon Fodder for the Amiga.

BANG
ER
RANG

Yeah, absolute quality. I definitely heard it before, though I don't remember the context. Classic.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 20:35

Initial thoughts (sorry for multi-day stuff)

gjones wrote:
Sonic 1 - Too right. I have this on my 90s Spotify playlist because everyone knows it. It fits in snugly between Charles and Eddie, and Ann Lee Smile
That is a deep fucking cut and I love it Applause

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
(The Cannon Fodder theme)
It's the best song that anybody's posting today, if we're being honest.
He's right.

Balladeer wrote:
Did they really fit that piece into the Amiga?
They did. I'm saving another 16-bit computer thing for later on...

Day 13: A game you don't like

Banjoland from Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
It's a great tune because it's made up of all the tunes from the better games that came before it.
Also further proof that Grant Kirkhope only really writes more bits on to the end of 1 big song (not a complaint)

Day 14: With words in
So far no-one's gone for those JRPG-openings with the horribly earnest lyrics, which is a relief.
Can I pick:

The opening to Full Throttle? It's technically a licensed song (Legacy by The Gone Jackals)
If that's bad, then I choose, from the same game, the song that plays on the radio - "Increased Chances".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 20:57

CLICK CLOCK WOOD Love I will always love Grant Kirkhope. Always. (Unless he gets milkshake ducked anyway.) AND NOW FREEZEEZY PEAK (although I can't imagine that dramatic transition working at all in-game). Leaving that on for its full runtime. AND NOW MAD MONSTER [snip]

I reckon my Sushi Striker pick counted as an earnest JRPG opening, RPG or no... Anyway I'm pretty sure licensed pieces count. That's a rock song! Not my forte so I'll leave it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 22 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next