We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2020 - 22:17

Will try and catch up on choons and chat soon! Just wanted to plop a couple in before I fall behind more:

Day 13: Music you like from a game you don't like

I also found this quite hard because I don't really remember music from games I didn't like because I... didn't really play them. So I settled with this from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards because it was a game I really tried to commit to but I just found it a bit boring. And this is quite a good boss theme (and not one I expect anyone was saving for the boss battle theme day).

Day 14: Music featuring vocals

Katamari Damacy! "Laaaa la la la la la la la la laa laa laa laa laaaaa..."
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 0:11

I almost wait for a very cheaty Metal Gear Solid one but let's go for a cheaty remake instead

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 0:52

Rest of Day 13 catch up:

Day 14:

For lyrics day I've gone with the main theme for I am Bread. It has all the making a silly naughties Flash video, I won't lie though, this had me quite pumped the first time I heard it.

2 months...:

Day 15

If there's one thing 3D Sonic games have in common it's some pretty radical music tracks. This is from the final boss battle of Sonic Adventure where you become Super Sonic to take down a giant creature destroying the city. It's also the title theme with added lyrics, a trope I kinda liked as it really gave a feeling of business is picking up when it kicked in, they did the same trick on Adventure 2 which I probably prefer to this but rules is rules.

Iconic pick from Mas for a Boss Battle, Sepiroth is an evil Son of a bitch and this theme just screams it in a perfectly cheesy way.

My previous pick was...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 9:11

I forgot that Open Your Heart is the boss theme in Sonic Adventure as well as the title theme. It's one of the best video game songs ever, simply put. I could have used it for the 'music you always have stuck in your head day', or the 'music that gets you pumped', or even a couple of others. 

Day 15: Boss Battle Music

First thing that came into my head was the Boss Theme from Ristar:

Just a great game, is all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 9:38

Older days:

Day 15:

I feel like a lot of these are going to be ones I don't appreciate because I don't have the context.  Here's one I listen to on its own a lot:

Introducing Pokémon's funkiest boss!  I love Miror B: he's a great character with a great team (Ludicolos for days) and two great tunes.  This is my favourite because it's dafter.  What are the lyrics saying?  Who cares?  Let the music play!

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 ?u=https%3A%2F%2F66.media.tumblr.com%2F84d67c26da761fc58e0792e03b8a7d01%2Ftumblr_oh0blseyrh1sg438co1_500

(Incidentally Rum if I were going to use a theme from Superstar Saga, this would have been the day.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 12:33

Cannae say the Ristar song goes nowhere and then post whatever the fuck that noise was 😐
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySat 15 Aug 2020 - 17:25

I know Balla talks a lot of shit but come on, Mirror B is undeniably the business.

I had a pretty obvious one I wanted to use today but Jay sxuppered that for some bloody character creation screen music! Thankfully, one of my favourite game series is 90% bosses so it was easy to think of a replacement.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 7:05

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 11:29

Day 16: 16-Bit Music

I'm stealing Balladeer's choice here - Shawn Michaels' theme song from WWF RAW on the Mega Drive!

This was just a case of me having a peek in my cupboard, scanning my Mega Drive games (because it's better than the SNES), seeing WWF RAW and immediately remembering what a belter this was.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 12:14

ACHT YOU BASTARD DAMN YOU! Guess I'll go with:

I was going to pick an FFIV tune (after Mas stole the best SNES FF, for music anyway.  See: Dancing Mad, Cyan, Setzer), but none of them are as good as this banger from Gunstar Heroes.  Just a good heroic mood-setting piece.  Not the most memorable piece for me, but nobody actually wants to jam to Bravoo Man's special brand of nonsense.

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 12:31

That Sonic one was a lot of fun. Very Saturday Morning Cartoon.
The Ristar track had solid space vibes, big fan of that.

Snatcher's music is absolutely ace but Mas you have to mention it when you start a new day because I was pretty confused!
That's my second favourite version of Shawn Michaels' theme, after the one in which Vince McMahon does the vocals.
Gunstar Heroes is exciting enough stuff. I approve.

Balladeer wrote:
Is it because I'm the only person here who sings videogame songs to himself
You have video proof in this very threat that it isn't that! And I can tell you I've sung Jump Up at karaoke multiple times an its gone down a treat. You're just wrong mate, yet again.
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Mega Drive games (because it's better than the SNES)
Nah, you've lost it. You used to be one of the cool forumites but you've played yourself. You were a forumtight but now you're just a forumalright, verging on a forumshite.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 12:51

Yeah I was posting before coming to work.

Snatcher is on Mega CD, PC Engine CD and MSX2 all less than 32-bit.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 12:56

16 Bit Music

My first thought when I see the words 16-bit is Super Mario World, but much as I love all the music in that game it doesn't really show off Nintendo's musc chops and all those tunes have better versions in later games. I then thought about Street Fighter II and actually had Guile's Theme iny clipboard ready to go.

Then this came up in my recommendations and it is justcracking. I'd not actually played the OG Starfox until it hit Switch this year and as it happens, I really fucking love it. This track is just exciting and like the little ride it takes me on.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 15:46

Catch up thoughts in the form of daily brain dumps:

Day 12: Music that makes you sad:

Day 13: Music you like from a game you don't like:

Day 14: Music featuring vocals:

Day 15: Boss battle music:

Day 16: 16-bit music:

Was it worth doing all that rambling? Oh well.

My picks for the past couple of days:

Day 15: Boss battle music

Not necessarily my favourite boss music ever but I do really love this bop from Cadence of Hyrule - not least because of the way the music builds layers with the regular "plink plink plonk" of the glockenspiel as you're fighting. Really fun fight, too.

Day 16: 16-bit music

This is a tune I could have used for "music you constantly have stuck in your head" too but I decided today was the day for Super Mario RPG!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 19:22

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
[b]Mega Drive (because it's better than the SNES)

It's true it's damn true

Hey Rum GRIS even though not as critically received as BotW, still highly regarded and oddly it's music is great & I've not used

Also Buska, f'ed it as could have used one of the covers in BioShock Infinite as a cover song
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptySun 16 Aug 2020 - 19:42

Rum wrote:
Day 14: Music featuring vocals
Katamari Damacy! "Laaaa la la la la la la la la laa laa laa laa laaaaa..."
I'm so glad you picked that Rum - I nearly did, but thought it was too easy, but then worried that it'd get missed out because everyone would think the same. You appear to be my spirit animal!

masofdas wrote:
I really like the 80s cheese of that. Really like it. that's my nostalgic synth era. However, if I was going to be a pedant, I'd argue picking CD-audio is maybe not in the spirit of the 16-bit era? I'm guessing the president of song challenges was thinking about sample-based stuff.

Balladeer wrote:
I never got round to playing Gunstar Heroes! But this is brilliant again, squeezing wonderful stuff out of the chip there.

Buskalilly wrote:

I'd not actually played the OG Starfox until it hit Switch this year and as it happens, I really fucking love it. This track is just exciting and like the little ride it takes me on.
It feels almost impossible to play to me now! But my goodness me that music's not been beaten.

Rum wrote:
YOU ARE MY SPIRIT ANIMAL! This is the best, and I was going to pick to pick this either for boss music or stuck in head music, as I tend to sing it to myself when I get up and do something. OK, well in that case I'm going to pick the William Tell Overture from Little King's S- RUM

Right. Boss music for me then... er... I've nicked a big'n. Sorry.

Earthbound - the Sanctuary Guardian music
This really is early on in gaming history to be doing homages, but this is essentially a remix (and an implied real-life remix with all the tape loop sounds etc.) of one of the battle themes from the original Mother. I didn't realise this at the time, having only played the first game recently. This game was ahead of its time.

Speaking of which. 16-bit music. The Atari ST. I know you were all going to pick this one:

Captain Blood - opening theme - Ethnicolor by Jean-Michel Jarre
One of the first video game music themes with big-o samples in. A variation of the second half of Jean-Michel Jarre's 1984 song Ethnicolor, which was itself pioneering in using sampled speech (various obscure indigenous languages) as percussion. However, the full version is absolutely unlistenable - even less listenable than the thing I made you click on in the first place. Someone really needs to grab the rights to all this and make a better version - like the game itself, everything is almost brilliant but really a bit shit.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 1:03

No comments as of yet from me - I'll save those for tomorrow as I need to catch up first!

Day 14: Music Featuring Vocals

I've already played into one Jay cliché by busting out Mother 3... might as well go for another.

Poppy as all hell, and I love it. There's a plethora of TWEWY tracks I could have gone for, but I think most that have played the game will have gone for this one as a standout.

Day 15: Boss Battles

God, this track gets me pumped up. The build-up leading into the actual fight is as important as the track itself in my opinion. It syncs up perfectly with the cutscene shown in the video and it is exhilarating stuff. The guitar at around the 3 minute mark is brilliant too. God, this track just makes me want to punch out some yakuza.

Day 16: 16 bit music

An absolute bop. God, this track just makes me want to punch out some goons.

Question - how much do you think the music had to play in the success of Streets of Rage? I personally think it's a big part of the appeal.

Day 17: Music You Never Get Tired Of

Another heart pumping, exhilarating tune. I loved hearing this track every time it played in Ace Attorney. God, this track just makes me want to punch out some lawyers.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 1:23

Day 17: Music You Never Get Tired Of Listening To

What more can I say?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 7:07

Buskalilly wrote:

What more can I say?

He was a plumber, She was a Princess

DAY 17

A tune that doesn't get old. I've gone for a classic which I think of this series this is one of the things that come to mind.

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 8:53

JayMoyles wrote:

Another heart pumping, exhilarating tune. I loved hearing this track every time it played in Ace Attorney. God, this track just makes me want to punch out some lawyers.

NNNNOOOOO THIS WAS THE ONE TRACK I WAS REALLY HOPING NOBODY WOULD PICK! I was going to use it for 'music that gets you pumped' and you literally said 'pumping' in your description Sad Well, excellent track choice nonetheless.

Jimbob - while I am sorry to have picked some of your picks, I am happy to hear we are kindred spirits and look forward to spending our lives together as new best friends. We can listen to that batshit tune from Captain Blood over and over.

I could have picked most of the tunes from Undertale for today (but which dickhead picked that days ago?) and I was originally thinking about using the Katamari Damacy theme (until I realised it had such beautiful vocals that I could use for the vocal day), so I figured today was maybe time for the RPG battle tune that I didn't use on THAT day, because no matter how often it played in-game I never got sick of it:

I also saw a bunch of memes on Twitter recently using this in the background and I am happy that Superstar Saga is still floating around there in the public consciousness!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 10:26

Buskalilly wrote:

That's my second favourite version of Shawn Michaels' theme, after the one in which Vince McMahon does the vocals.

I've watched wrestling for almost twenty-five years now, bought magazines, went to events and used forums, and this was me just finding out that there's a version of Sexy Boy performed by Vince McMahon. Amazing!

JayMoyles wrote:

Question - how much do you think the music had to play in the success of Streets of Rage? I personally think it's a big part of the appeal.

I think it definitely deserves some credit - it's great to bop along to when you're basically repeating the same thing over and over for an hour. But if you compare Streets of Rage to any other side-scrolling brawler from the time, it's just so much better. Streets of Rage is still a quality game, even without a great soundtrack. Streets of Rage 3 is proof of that.

~

Love this tune - it's the theme from the Germany courses in Neo Turf Masters for Neo Geo and Arcade!

For the minute-and-a-half that it lasts, it's like three songs in one. I bloody love the arse off of all of Neo Turf Masters, but this tune is especially great.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 12:16

Jay's choice is an ALL TIMER but I agree that it deserved to be used for the "getting pumped" day.
Mas has chosen an all time classic but I'm not sure if its a song I can listen to over and over for fun, which is what today is all about.
Mario and Luigi unsurprisingly has a quality soundtrack.
And Cappa's pick is the best thing that ever came out of golf.

The rumour I'd heard was that the song was originally commissioned for Vince to use for himself.

I honestly find it weird to hear the other version now.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 14:36

Time for some catching up!:

Day 14: Featuring vocals

I struggled with this one. I thought, this is tricky. Tricky, tricky, tricky. And then it came to me! Can't beat a bit of Run-DMC.

Day 15: Boss battle

When Death Adder bursts through the doors to this (*shits pants*)

Day 16: 16-bit

Ah, we cannot forget the greatness of the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. This is my favourite track, as I stroll through the forest hacking at giant eyes and the like.

Day 17: Music you never get tired of

I never tire of the Pikmin "End of the Day" music. So comforting.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 15:13

I'll do a good old catch up later on I think, some great picks I'd say though.

Day 16: 16-bit

This could have gone on nostalgia day, as soon as I come across this I instantly felt like a kid again. The main reason I include it though is for the fact it sounds like it belongs on a beat em up rather than a Football game.

I previously chose...:

Day 17: Music you never get tired of

Is this allowed? I was finding it hard to pick this one, there's lots of songs I could pick but they've either been used, had similar versions posted or would be perfect for a different category, who doesn't love the Wii Shop Channel music though?

I also don't get tired of this...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 16:11

I love the Pikmin soundtracks and listening to that track just filled me with so many nostalgic feelings.

Tricky and the Wii Shop Channel are both ALL TIMERS, no doubt about that.

The Golden Axe one reminded me of an 80s TV opening, like Tripods or something.

And oh bugger, I actually scanned the list for Starfox and didnt see it. I bet the algorithm only threw it at me because I listened on Opening Level day then. D'oh!

I guess Guile's Theme was my 16 bitter after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 23 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next