We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 19:28

People being 'arseholes' (i.e. doing something that the rules totally allowed) about picking games was half the fun!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 30 Jan 2021 - 11:15

I wanted to give Smurf's sterling effort some time in the sun before yakking on about my own games.  Hopefully enough time has past where Smurf doesn't mind me treating y'all to the glories of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin.  It's maybe a bit one-note, but what a note it is!  (Also: YouTube suggested the Mizutsune theme to me while listening to these, which tells you a lot of what you need to know.)

The lava level theme is probably my favourite level piece apart from the final one. Could have been a pick for Pumpy Day.

The other side of the coin: here's the music around your rice farm during summer.  Lovely cheerful stuff, and also definitely my next pick for the 'summer music thing' we did last year.

Final dungeon music!  So musical spoilers, natch.  I love it, but you see what I mean about one-note?  Everything's traditional Japanese music and electric bass, which I think is tremendous but may not go down so well for people who aren't massive weebs.  Let me know?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 9:58

Recently I reviewed FlingSmash, where I said things like "it's a sweaty pile of arse to play", "you're utterly wasting your time" and "do you think '90s Arcade Racer is still coming out?".

It's rubbish, but there's one aspect of it that's actually not too bad at all, and that's it's music:

...and then lastly, this tune. It's probably my favourite thing about the whole game - it would fit in nicely with any of the Yoshi games.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 12:47

You're not wrong about Flower Garden! It reminds me a fair bit of Knitty-Knotty Windmill Hill from Woolly World; and of course it's better than any music from Crafted World. No
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:16

I'm not sure if any of you are into Grime, but I noticed a recent track from D Double E (he did that IKEA Christmas track) has a song on his latest album that has a Chrono Trigger sample. He had a popular track called Street Fighter Riddim ten years ago - so clearly a SNES head.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 23:36

Not big in to Grime but I can get on board with that, game music really should have been sampled more than it has, it instantly makes a song so much better. Did we all hear Post Malone's effort from his Pokémon 25 concert? It's already a cover of a Hootie and the Blowfish song and also features the Cianwood City theme in parts but I like it, would have preferred they leaned more in to the Pokémon sample though.

Gonna add to this post with more Pokémon music! I realised that a few recent Nintendo games with very good music didn't get covered in this thread so here's the first with some tracks from The Crown Tundra DLC

There's yet first one and its very much the kind of thing we've heard in Sword/Shield with an understandably wintery vibe, never tired of this as I made my way through the Tundra, there's a lot to it but it comes together well.

Then we've got everyone favourite daddy Peony and his theme which I think really fits his goofy, try hard character, it's the kind of music that says "when this guy's around you better pay attention".

The final song is from Freezington which I'm so glad is the base of operations as it's a lovely calming bit of music that never failed to make me feel at peace. Its also another example that proves snow based areas in videogames have the best music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 6 Mar 2021 - 6:09

Oh man, I thought I'd replied to GJones already.

I really dug those D Double E tracks, especially the SF one. One of the things I love about British Hip Hop is the sense of humour it has compared to a lot of po-faced American stuff. Give me Tinie and Dizzee over 50 and Dre any day of the week . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 17:45

This track really stood out to me when I was playing through Bowser's Fury. Lovely stuff!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 19:55

I had a few I was gonna share from Bowser's Fury and that was the main one, as soon as I heard it I knew I'd remember it, perfectly fit the tone of the island too.

I quite enjoyed this one too, was quite impressive how they had something different for each island.

The main theme when you're moving across the map was great too
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 21:26

I'll listen to those when I've played BF!

The game I'm playing has some belting tunes, but I'll give BF its time in the sun first.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 21:10

Time in the sun over: as you probably know, I've been playing Bravely Default 2.  They got the composers from the original game back on board, which had one of my top five soundtracks in gaming ever; and it shows, oh boy does it show.  I don't care how much or how little you care for the game, I won't hear a bad word said about the soundtrack.  Here are a few of the best that I can provide without many spoilers.

Let's start with an obvious crowd-pleaser.  Belting boss battle music?  Yes sir!  They only get wilder, but here's an earlier offering so that we aren't spoiling too much.

Brilliant special move themes are back!  This one's the prim proper princess' theme, and is possibly the only good thing about her.

The theme of fighting soldiers of the very definitely not Russian evil empire.  An absolute bop, this.

BONUS - late-game pick:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 4 Apr 2021 - 11:37

Bowser's Fury talk:

Anyway, it was the 3DS' Tenth Birthday recently!  I wonder if anyone noticed? Suspect Music feature time:

The 3DS' Top Ten Soundtracks

It's unavoidable that there'll be some overlap with Buska's NIN TEN YEARS project, but I'm going to try and focus on tunes at least that I (and he and anyone else) didn't pick for that.  To make this easier on myself, limit the selection, and make it more of a celebration of the actual 3DS, I'm also going to avoid using any remakes.  So: which ten 3DS games that I played had the best soundtracks for me?

10-6:

5 - Pokémon XY

I just prefer the soundtrack for these, not sure why.  Nostalgia?  Regardless, I normally pick the champion's theme here, with its bells and them, and maybe that sells the soundtrack short.  Some lovely music if you look just a bit.  Here's my favourite 'cave' piece from the series:

4 - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Would be higher up if it (a) wasn't essentially a compilation and (b) hadn't been immediately superseded by For Wii U in the same year.  Cracking music, especially on the Zelda side.  Here's one of the few good things about third-party characters in Smash:

3 - Gunman Clive

Arty shooter-platformer Gunman Clive gets this high up for consistency.  Seriously, listen to them all: not a duffer among them, all cowboy whistles and spacey synths.  I'll arbitrarily pick the first one:

2 - Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

I'm probably being unfair to Dual Destinies, not putting it in my list: but its best and most memorable themes make comebacks in SoJ anyway, and SoJ is by far the better game.  I normally go with the big dramatic pieces from here, and for good reason.  Here's the best witness theme the series has ever had, and the only good thing about the fourth case:

1 - Bravely Default: Where The Fairy Flies

I don't think anyone's surprised to see this here.  Flawed JRPG, brilliant soundtrack.  It's all too easy to pick one of the rocking special move themes, or their live versions, or the BRILLIANT final boss music, as if the entire soundtrack isn't full of utter bangers.  Here's the basic battle theme.  It's better than anything in most games.

That's more than enough from me, in my third post in a row:
What are your top ten (or fewer) 3DS soundtracks?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 15:44

I'm not sure I could put together a top ten, but I'll absolutely take any chance I can get to talk about Pocket card Jockey:

And of course, Super Mario 3D Land. Pick any remix of the main tune you like, but this is the first one that popped into my head:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:50

Less than ten is absolutely fine - I'm glad anyone else wanted to pick anything!

Start Running Hope is absolutely pure Pokémon town theme and I'm here for it. Thumbs Up!
Yes Come On Solitaiba is absolutely pure Pokémon cycling road theme and I'm here for it. Thumbs Up!
Jazz Racing Jam is... a sudden twist into Ace Attorney. Basically: I can see why you chose that game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:01

I can do a Top 5  Winky Face

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 20:06

That's three valid choices I've played bits of, and two games I've not played that are both very Mas.  That Theatrhtyhm video made my eyes hurt. Shocked How long does that take to learn/master!?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 20:59

Scullion reviewed an utterly unremarkable looking game last week, with a quite remarkable piece of music. Excuse the meme visuals:

Goes up(?) another level at 0:58.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 21:08

I think that's hit the "we need a Seal of Quality" barrier; Nintendo used to be too picky, but someone doesn't know how music works there - they've used some automatic thing a piece of software made, and went "yeah that'll do, I don't suppose anyone else knows any better".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 21:07

I think I love it, it really is so bad it's good and the memes I've seen attached to this song have made me chuckle numerous times.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 19:16

Same, I've kind of come full circle on it to the point where I find myself singing 'nothing's gonna stop me now' to myself and then regret my life choices.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 13:42

I don't know if you folks know or already discussed Sam Griffin's guitar channel on YouTube, but I really love this video of his in particular.

He's such a great guitarist, watching his stuff actually inspired me to get back into guitar and buy a classical. Don't be put off by the end of this video if you don't know his channel, he does a silly outro for all of them and some are pretty funny.

Anyway, I probably would not have guessed this was one guitar player if I heard just the audio.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 18:17

It's usually a safe bet that we won't have covered your favourite... er... cover artist unless it's one of the big ones, just because there are so many on there. Also normally I personally prefer the original tunes.

I will definitely make an exception in this case though. A really nice cover of a piece that works perfectly on acoustic guitar, and he's very good. Thumbs Up! Shame about the Patreon outro really.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 21:21

Great stuff, it's mad that this is such a good tune yet it's still probably outside of my top 5 songs from this game, that's how high the bar is. You're right about that outro though, he's like a completely different person when he's talking.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 21:32

Watch a few more of his vids and you’ll get his shtick. Lots of other great Nintendo tunes.

If you know any other good cover channels please share!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 28 Jun 2021 - 20:28

I don't really I'm afraid. I only listen to the obvious ones like Mr. McGroove. (What in the name of Patrick Swayze is Friday Night Funkin'? Why does it have a track called 'MILF'?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 32 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next