Default, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in our Switches.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 19:28

People being 'arseholes' (i.e. doing something that the rules totally allowed) about picking games was half the fun!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySat 30 Jan 2021 - 11:15

I wanted to give Smurf's sterling effort some time in the sun before yakking on about my own games.  Hopefully enough time has past where Smurf doesn't mind me treating y'all to the glories of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin.  It's maybe a bit one-note, but what a note it is!  (Also: YouTube suggested the Mizutsune theme to me while listening to these, which tells you a lot of what you need to know.)

The lava level theme is probably my favourite level piece apart from the final one. Could have been a pick for Pumpy Day.

The other side of the coin: here's the music around your rice farm during summer.  Lovely cheerful stuff, and also definitely my next pick for the 'summer music thing' we did last year.

Final dungeon music!  So musical spoilers, natch.  I love it, but you see what I mean about one-note?  Everything's traditional Japanese music and electric bass, which I think is tremendous but may not go down so well for people who aren't massive weebs.  Let me know?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Major Circuit Champion
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 9:58

Recently I reviewed FlingSmash, where I said things like "it's a sweaty pile of arse to play", "you're utterly wasting your time" and "do you think '90s Arcade Racer is still coming out?".

It's rubbish, but there's one aspect of it that's actually not too bad at all, and that's it's music:

...and then lastly, this tune. It's probably my favourite thing about the whole game - it would fit in nicely with any of the Yoshi games.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 12:47

You're not wrong about Flower Garden! It reminds me a fair bit of Knitty-Knotty Windmill Hill from Woolly World; and of course it's better than any music from Crafted World. No
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Maddrell
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:16

I'm not sure if any of you are into Grime, but I noticed a recent track from D Double E (he did that IKEA Christmas track) has a song on his latest album that has a Chrono Trigger sample. He had a popular track called Street Fighter Riddim ten years ago - so clearly a SNES head.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 32 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32