We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 10:04 am

Buskalilly wrote:
I just polished off the "Zero Mission" part of Zero Mission, so I'll be making a start on this soon. You've made that sound a very exciting prospect indeed!

Sound choice! Zero Mission is the only Metroid game I've actually beaten (until this one topples), and I had blast with that game back in the day.

Maybe one of these days I'll finally get around to Super Metroid. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 11:28 am

Super Metroid holds up, I played it for the first time on Wii U. I beat both Zero and Fusion on GBA back in the early 2000s and I was surprised by how much nostalgia came rushing back when I fired it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 08:58 pm

I'd say every Metroid game bar the first two holds up, and you've got remakes to avoid even having to bother with the original NES and Game Boy versions anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 09:08 pm

Even Prime 3? Winky Face

Is Super Metroid part of the NSO offering?  I should probably give it another go: when I tried it on Wii U I got stuck on one of the very early bosses. Embarrassed Anyway, MSR: pretty good I'd say.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 09:17 pm

Absolutely! Certain characters aside, of course. Laughing

Yep, Super Metroid is part of SNES Online, so get it played!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 09:19 pm

Woohoo! Can't wait for some nice tasty YOU DIED action!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 11:39 pm

Prime 3 isn't as good as 1 or 2, but I liked it. Other M, on the other hand . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty15/09/21, 08:43 am

I beat Samus Returns last night, and I can happily say that it ended on a high! Once you get to grips with the final boss - and it doesn't take long to - it feels like a dance between you and the antagonist.

Amazing to say that it was MercurySteam's first attempt; Dread has a lot of potential to fulfil based on this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty14/09/21, 08:58 pm

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd say every Metroid game bar the first two holds up, and you've got remakes to avoid even having to bother with the original NES and Game Boy versions anyway!

They are definitely a bit more clunky than the others but I quite liked Metroid II on game boy when I eventually got around to playing it a few years back.

Buskalilly wrote:
Prime 3 isn't as good as 1 or 2, but I liked it. Other M, on the other hand . . .

Out of the mainline games Other M & *whisper it* Federation Force are the only ones I've never finished or even played.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty17/09/21, 08:51 pm

stu_the_great wrote:
I beat Samus Returns last night, and I can happily say that it ended on a high! Once you get to grips with the final boss - and it doesn't take long to - it feels like a dance between you and the antagonist.

The final boss was top - and, of course, entirely new content for the game. As you say, bodes well!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty19/09/21, 09:45 pm

Man, I'd forgotten about that final boss. What a great surprise and like you've all said, a great boss battle that was!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty22/09/21, 08:34 am

Balladeer wrote:
stu_the_great wrote:

The final boss was top - and, of course, entirely new content for the game.  As you say, bodes well!

Based on this, I'm interested to see where they take the concept of greater mobility in the game. Hopefully this will aid the backtracking a little more, as well as all the hidden niches on the map. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)   Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid - Samus Returns (Game For This, Boy?)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5