We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)

Go down 
+8
Solve My Maze
masofdas
The_Jaster
Muss
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:14

Nintendo think outside the box... the cardboard box. Discuss! I used to make cardboard box robot suits back when I was a kid, so I'll be picking that one right up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:28

I'm not sure I'll ever personally get into all this, but it looks very cool and very smart, and I'm sure there are some kids who are going to LOVE this. I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:30

AWWWWWWWW YEAH. I love shite like this!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:39

Fabulous stuff. I'm in Drunka's camp in that it's awesome but it's not quite for me. It is a delight to see Nintendo do this kind of thing, though. Switch + Labo pack available by Christmas? Winky Face

[teachermode]'Labo' is French for 'lab'.[/teachermode]
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:49

I would have loved this if it was around in the nineties!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 22:53

Yeah cracking idea but I doubt I'll play it unless my nephew ropes me into it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 23:42

As someone who likes building Warhammer for instance but doesn't actually play the game (not anymore) this is well up my street.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 23:47

masofdas wrote:
As someone who likes building Warhammer for instance but doesn't actually play the game (not anymore) this is well up my street.

I was always the other kid; loved playing the game, but couldn't be arsed with all the fiddly painting and modelling.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 16:29

This is something I could really get behind. It's totally bonkers, but in a good way. I'll be gubbed in terms of decorating the boxes, though. Despite watching Art Attack religiously as a wee boy my art is sorely lacking in quality.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 17:17

Did a video with my thoughts on it and what they could do
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 20:37

Solve My Maze wrote:
Despite watching Art Attack religiously as a wee boy my art is sorely lacking in quality.

Likewise! Neil Buchanan lied to us. DAMN YOU!

£59/£69, I have to say, does sound a bit steep for a game plus cardboard... I'll still try it out, mind. I did a lot of Lego when I was a child. (K'Nex was too fiddly, though, and Meccano too time-consuming.)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 20:59

I'm enjoying seeing the "It's just cardboard" comments on the 'net. My response is, "Did you see the bit where they made a piano out of cardboard and it worked like a real piano?" That's ruddy witchcraft, that's what that is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 21:56

The interweb has been on fire with it's comments on this, this is a favourite of mine:

Quote :
Nintendo labo's biggest problem
Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) Add
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 22:59

We'll have to hope that the box Labo comes in is big enough to distract them! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyFri 19 Jan 2018 - 15:40

Only time will tell if this works out or not, but at least Nintendo's being creative unlike certain other console makers.

That said I'll be sticking with my gunpla. I like going deeper when it comes to knocking something together, zening out for hours at a time and having a badass mecha model at the end of it all. Still Nintendo gets full marks from me, innovation like this is what makes them capable of making the video games they do and I hope it pays off for them. Fortune favours the bold and all that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyFri 19 Jan 2018 - 20:18

Athrun888 wrote:
Still Nintendo gets full marks from me, innovation like this is what makes them capable of making the video games they do and I hope it pays off for them.  Fortune favours the bold and all that.  

The big man's nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptySat 20 Jan 2018 - 9:09

In the world of games, I can't remember the last time I was really happy for something that people other than me will enjoy! It's not for me, but, as is repeated from "youse guys" above, as a kid, who was in awe of stuff like this fella, Labo would have been like witchcraft.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 14:03

It's just typical Nintendo isn't it? Giving everyone something nobody asked for but something that'll interest people. I'm gonna give it a try, who knows, if the games are fun enough then it could become huge.

The_Jaster wrote:
The interweb has been on fire with it's comments on this, this is a favourite of mine:

Quote :
Nintendo labo's biggest problem
Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) Add

So if the piano stops working I guess it's safe to assume the cat is dead without opening the box?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 20:06

Said it elsewhere, but - that is a cracking joke. A hum(Schrö)dinger if you will.

That... was not.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:25

Aye, can't really add more than what's already been said. It's absolutely not for me, but I have to commend Nintendo for bringing out something totally fresh that will no doubt grab the attention of the kiddies quite easily. Hell, I could have seen myself buying this had I been ten or so years younger but as an adult I think I'm a bit over the faff that would be required to construct it!

I can't wait to see videos of folks enjoying Labo, though. Some clever clogs at Nintendo, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:30

Saw Mas on twitter giving a figure of £49, which is roughly the RRP for regular Switch games. Very reasonable indeed if true!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:39

Jay wrote:

Aye, can't really add more than what's already been said. It's absolutely not for me, but I have to commend Nintendo for bringing out something totally fresh......out the box.

FTFY. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 18:16

Drunkalilly wrote:
Saw Mas on twitter giving a figure of £49, which is roughly the RRP for regular Switch games. Very reasonable indeed if true!

Amazon voucher, normally £60 or £70 depending on the set.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 19:22

That's the one thing that does worry me slightly: the prices look a bit steep for games that might be quite limited + special Nintendo cardboard.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 13:20

Nintendo are starting to show videos on how it all works.

Seems rather educational and I watched NVC and they talked about it being used in schools for extracurricular activities for learning programming etc what's your thoughts Zero?

NVC is course American where they used PS1s in Schools that it may not apply to here in the UK as much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)   Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Labo (Making Labo Rats Of Us All)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next