We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:08

Sonic Mania was my number one, anything else is just pure Brexit. I had Rocket League, but it got a retail release two months ago...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:19

I think it's pretty clear that Sonic is the Brexit of votes here, nostalgia clouding sense as people remember the days Sonic was good and passports were blue (just like Sonic lol)

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:22

It's exactly like brexit as neither Britain nor Sonic was ever good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:24

Why I didn't for it as the Mega Drive games are still better than Mania and I'd sooner play them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:28

Sonic Mania was third in my eShop exclusive list. It’s a brilliant game, even for someone who hasn’t got the nostalgia factor for the MD games. In my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion. I mean, I was wrong about Brexit - look how well that’s going for the nation!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 18:50

Apologies for the earlier dot: I was tinkering with a result and published it by accident.  Again.  As for Rocket League, I used it as an example of a downloadable-acceptable game in the OP, because the retail game came out two months or so after the original release.  That said, it was in the middle of the (massive) OP, so I’m quite happy if people didn’t read it - the important thing is, did you, the voter, think it counted?  If you didn’t, then fair enough!

Anyhoo, the sole result of the day:

The Rucco Maag Shrine Award for Fifth Place

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Maxresdefault

Mamma Mia:

Tomorrow, number 4, and - sorry, did you mention something?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:39

YAAAASSSSS! Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:31

I had an inkling this would feature after seeing it placing so highly in the eShop vote. I shall be aboard the bandwagon soon enough, methinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:56

With that, is it placing so high because it's new in peoples memories much like Undertale being in Jays Top 25 then dropped out?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:58

Only one way for you to find out, Mas...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 23:07

I have a feeling that it will always be in my Switch Top Five, at least. It really is something special. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sat 10 Mar 2018 - 8:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 8:41

Start your weekend off right:

The Toadstool Tour Award for Fourth Best Game

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 154426-mario-golf-toadstool-tour-gamecube-screenshot-part-of-the

Championship-a Point:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 8:56

“4th spot”:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 9:22

masofdas wrote:
With that, is it placing so high because it's new in peoples memories much like Undertale being in Jays Top 25 then dropped out?

3 of the 4 comments actually brought this up. There's literally no way to know, so you just gotta go with the flow.

Anyway.
YASSS!

Balladeer wrote:
Video of Choice: Drunka's loving it.  I'm thinking it's bloody creepy.

One of the actual best days of my life.

Some Chuffster wrote:
"“Splatoon 2 is a sequel in the way that Madden 17 is a sequel”

This is super unfair. Maybe if they had taken several games to get here, but I'd say 2 adds a hell of a lot to 1.

An ABSOLUTE LAD wrote:
You've got my favourite game on the Switch so far!"

I wish I had the balls of this absolute HERO. Should have given Spla2n best game because I have much more of a connection to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 9:53

I will be downloading Celeste, then guys to find out.

Agree with Drunka, really unfair that Madden comparison, a shooter going from Halo 2 to Halo 3 is more apt which has new story and multiplayer maps but plays the same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 18:31

Honourable and Dishonourable Mentions, Sponsored By Carl and Quentin

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Maxresdefault

Honourable Mentions:

Dishonourable Mentions:

My thoughts:

Tomorrow, onto the podium..  I wonder what games await us there? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 20:07

With the huge number of releases the Switch has seen, there was bound to be lots to honour and dishonour. And boy, was there a lot! Shocked Some enjoyable bile’n’happiness there - good work, team! Applause
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 13:22

Splatoon 2 was eighth on my list, and the Madden 17 quote is a Dunkey one. I've not played Celeste yet, but I'll sort that someday. Some very fair honourables and dishonourables in there, except, of course, Breath of the Wild. 👎
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 14:58

Quote :
Steamworld Dig 2 "Sue me. The mine is nondescript, you lose some of your treasure when you die (of which there is a finite overall amount), and time pressure belongs nowhere near an exploration-heavy game. I tried to get on with this one, I really did, but I just don’t see what everybody else gets out of it. The main gameplay loop is addictive, yes; so’s nicotine."

Time pressure? Eh you have set objectives in SWD2 and you aren't forced to do them at all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 18:28

Not that I'm saying that was me... but I'd imagine the poster was referring to the ever-depleting lantern fuel.

Anyway, triple post incoming.  Prepare yourself.

The Crystalguard Award for Third Place

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Bravely-second-square-enix-nintento-3ds

Hey, You Very Good:

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 19:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 18:28

Post two of three:

The Toon Link Award for Second Place

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-selfie-640x360

Mario Get You Next Time:

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 11 Mar 2018 - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Drum roll please...

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 HTTP2F0b21peC52Zy93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxNC8wOS9ESy5naWYlog

The Wonder Project J2 Award for GNamer's Favourite Game Released on the Switch in its First Year

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Wp02

(Hey, why not.)

Thank You So Much-a For-to Playing My Game:

Nearly done!  Tomorrow evening morning, the last gasp.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 5:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 19:49

Now that... is surprising. Shocked But, in a way, very beautiful.

DIGRESSION ALERT: I’ve had flu-like symptoms all weekend; I might not be sure what I’m saying.

Massive thanks to yer man Balls Man for sorting out this most interesting of vote threads! Applause
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 20:27

A good end to the thread, well done Balla, I'll forgive you Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 20:39

Drunkalilly wrote:

I gave my number one spot to the correct game which will win this vote

masofdas wrote:
I don't think that game (if it's the one I'm thinking off) will be Number 1 as I think 3 maybe even 4 people out of 10 didn't vote for it and what you were likely thinking would be number 2 will be number 1 as 9 or 10 will have more than likely voted for it.

Well looks like that "correct" game didn't win because like I said in my very Mas post, it wouldn't win as it wouldn't get enough votes and a game with max votes would take it instead Very Happy

Great Job, Balla on these votes by the way who said it better than me about the winner in his write up on what I was saying as he has a better way with words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next