We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:04

Yeah, I'll share Balla's disappointment in seeing number 2 chart so highly - as evidenced by its lack of any first placers, it was nobody's favourite but more listed there because everyone bought it and liked it to a degree. Hm.

For what it's worth, I had predictions down for the top 5 after the eShop vote reveal as so:

Predictions:

Nearly right!

Good thread, Balla. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:13

Yeah as based on the points second got, it averaged 5th place on people's votes, just like you both say everyone likes it is the difference.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 5:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 22:29

Ha! Superb! I thought I was being well cheeky when I put Mario Kart 8 Deluxe above Breath of the Wild! They were 'only' third and fourth on my list though.

Super Mario Odyssey - "YAAAAAAASSSSS" indeedy! Unbelievably brilliant!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 5:48

Steady on lads, it's not over yet: I still have to shove out the final bits and pieces!  None of the remaining games got any first places.

On the outside looking in:

Somebody voted for each of these:

Balladeer's Eleven Daft Voting Awards Awards:

My final thoughts:

Now it's over!

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 7:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding another award BECAUSE I CAN)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 7:51

I forgot to mention it the first time, but who said Night in the Woods is a bit slow paced?! That game is the perfect pace for capturing the tone of that game. The only reason it would be slow is if you're only interested in the overarching (and frankly pretty half arsed) mystery. That game is all about meandering through life, feeling a bit lost, confused and hopeless. The only parts I'd rate down in it are the night time platforming parts and the "big mystery".
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 8:04

By my count that was forty-one different games that we voted for. *whistles* I wonder if that number will get bigger or smaller for the next vote? Also, I'm going to defend Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's position - it's a game we all thoroughly enjoyed and is the most pure fun game on the list (of the ones I've played, anyway!).
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:36

yeah I probably need to be on here abit more, I lurk too much haha

Top job on the vote Balla, stuff like this makes this forum great!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 9:40

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I forgot to mention it the first time, but who said Night in the Woods is a bit slow paced?! That game is the perfect pace for capturing the tone of that game. The only reason it would be slow is if you're only interested in the overarching (and frankly pretty half arsed) mystery. That game is all about meandering through life, feeling a bit lost, confused and hopeless. The only parts I'd rate down in it are the night time platforming parts and the "big mystery".

That be me and I guess you where the other person to vote for it. I really enjoyed it and why it made my Top 10 but I did find it a slow to begin with.

Gutted I didn't win the Hipster award, especially only 4 of my 10 made the overall Top 10 that I'm curious what yourself Andy voted for.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 10:17

I wasn't, whilst I did read all of Ballas opening post I decided to opt for just games that felt Switchey and I played it on PS4.

Here they are if you want to see the REAL top 10 (apart from the fact Owlboy and Celeste need swapping):

REAL TOP 10 GOD BLESS:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 12:29

Same only went for stuff that I played on Switch and I did feel Night in the Woods felt right at home on Switch, why it made my Top 10.

That's a interesting 10 games which 5 did place in the overall Top 10 compared to just 4 of mine,

My Top 10:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 13:24

Well Mas and Andy were already on my kill list. "Too intimidated to play", there's still hope there. You get to live, for now. "It's a Wii U game"?

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 Giphy

P.S Homer was nice touch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 14:22

I don't think you can begrudge someone who played it on WiiU and not Switch voting for BotW
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 19:13

Yes, perhaps I could've communicated that better. Check the Honourable Mentions (perhaps using the handy links in the OP) for what that person actually said!

ZeroJones wrote:
Also, I'm going to defend Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's position - it's a game we all thoroughly enjoyed and is the most pure fun game on the list (of the ones I've played, anyway!).

So much of that fun was already present on the Wii U though. Meh

masofdas wrote:
That be me and I guess you where the other person to vote for it.

(raises hand) My list, in case anybody is interested:

Spoiler:

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I wasn't, whilst I did read all of Ballas opening post...

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3M2SPFXVpKFPYmY-XmEFNawWVvVGkI53uLUU_Y-_Cyw6IBLlzYg

Drunkalilly wrote:
P.S Homer was nice touch.

The Special Cup Award for the Only Person to Make Me Feel Like the Celebrity Nonsense was Worthwhile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:22

Looking back at some posts Zero brings up about 40 odd games being voted for or at least mentioned and will that grow or shrink?

I think it will shrink as both BotW & Mario Odyssey will be Top 10 for pretty much all of the Switches life along with both MK8D & Splatoon 2 possibles to stay and as time goes on the big hitters will come out such as SMASH, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Metroid which will likely mean we don't vote for some of the smaller games and have less of a mix due to the quality of the big hitters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:34

Even though I don't like vote threads and never voted in this one it has been good to look at from the outside (Ye's have fucked that top 3 though Razz ) so, aye that's some fine work Balla. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:40

...and I managed to miss all of that while it was going on. Doh! Well done everyone. Although Zelda clearly is the best game ever and some of you are dipshits.

Balladeer wrote:
The Link Award for the Voting Hero
Finally, I'd like to give some special thanks to Jimbob.  He's been ill, as we all know; yet still found time to send me a full voting slate selflessly.  Selflessly?  Yes, typing this on Sunday he hasn't been around for the entire thread, meaning that his typically humorous communications are solely for the benefit of other forumites.  Tip of the hat to masofdas, who has also been ill and has submitted votes, but the man's a victim of his own consistency I'm afraid: I'd be surprised if he didn't contribute to a vote thread while Noah's Flood happened outside.
Ah, but I'm not feeling any worse, mind, and I'm able to counteract some of the side-effects, so I'm minimising big problems; I feel a bit guilty mentioning it sometimes. It's mas we need to keep an eye on. Good luck Pengers.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:43

Glad to have you (both) here at the end, and thanks! Best of luck to Jim and Mas in their recovery.

Jimbob wrote:
Although Zelda clearly is the best game ever and some of you are dipshits.

I would never call any of my beloved voters dipshits... but if ever there were a reason to... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:46

Jimbob wrote:
...and I managed to miss all of that while it was going on. Doh! Well done everyone. Although Zelda clearly is the best game ever and some of you are dipshits.

Balladeer wrote:
The Link Award for the Voting Hero
Finally, I'd like to give some special thanks to Jimbob.  He's been ill, as we all know; yet still found time to send me a full voting slate selflessly.  Selflessly?  Yes, typing this on Sunday he hasn't been around for the entire thread, meaning that his typically humorous communications are solely for the benefit of other forumites.  Tip of the hat to masofdas, who has also been ill and has submitted votes, but the man's a victim of his own consistency I'm afraid: I'd be surprised if he didn't contribute to a vote thread while Noah's Flood happened outside.
Ah, but I'm not feeling any worse, mind, and I'm able to counteract some of the side-effects, so I'm minimising big problems; I feel a bit guilty mentioning it sometimes. It's mas we need to keep an eye on. Good luck Pengers.

Mas has clearly gained psychic powers from it though so should we keep an eye on him? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:50

The winning lottery numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:53

*buys 100 lottery tickets*

-----

fun fact: I have never ever bought a single lottery ticket, personally just never got the whole gambling thing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 1:36

Top job Balla, it all made for a great read and I can't be too mad at the results as Super Mario Odyssey is one heck of a game.

For those wondering here is my top 10 which I can definitely see changing by next year (maybe sooner when I take the Celeste plunge sometime in the next few weeks).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 7:14

Another potential future Celeste convert! Applause I... really shouldn't say any more about that game. Embarrassed

Drunkalilly, Hero of Time wrote:
"Too intimidated to play", there's still hope there. You get to live, for now.

Cheers, bud! The honest truth is that I don't sense myself getting an opportunity to sit down and play through Breat5frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrew4
-+***********************************i8
#]99\888]]]]]#8                             8@

(thanks Gus cat)

play through Breath of the Wild any time soon. But I did promise Jas that I would, so I will honour that. By 2025. Probably. Embarrassed

Balladeer wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Also, I'm going to defend Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's position - it's a game we all thoroughly enjoyed and is the most pure fun game on the list (of the ones I've played, anyway!).

So much of that fun was already present on the Wii U though. Meh

I agree but the game became, somehow, so much more on the Switch. I can't explain what it was but it seemed to fit so much better there. It was like a different game to me.

The_Jaster wrote:
(Ye's have fucked that top 3 though Razz  )

Can only agree! Here's what the Top Ten should have looked like:

Spoiler:

Jimbob wrote:
Although Zelda clearly is the best game ever and some of you are dipshits.

If it pleases the court, I reckon Breath Of The Wild will get more points in the future. Presumably I'll get around to playing it at some point, as will my colleague who's only played it on Wii U (and it is well within his rights to consider it a game on that console only, if that's where he's played it)... and it seems pretty fixed in the viewpoints of those who rate it highly, so, yeah. This year was not its year, but we can hope for brighter things. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 10:15

To be fair I've been on board for a while, I'm just trying to be frugal with games I won't be playing immediately, twice I've been ready to buy and thought "it might go on sale soon" which it probably won't but...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 13:54

My top ten, ladies (no ladies) and gents:

Spoiler:

FYI, I'm getting Celeste after I finish the new Kirby.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:23

If the only outcome of these votes has been to get more GNamerians to play Celeste (and getting Eof to post more Nah nah! ), then these have been good votes.

The_Jaster wrote:
fun fact: I have never ever bought a single lottery ticket, personally just never got the whole gambling thing.

Bet you've bought lootboxes though, you filthy gambler! Razz

masofdas wrote:
Looking back at some posts Zero brings up about 40 odd games being voted for or at least mentioned and will that grow or shrink?

I think it'll shrink, but only slightly.  Obviously at launch people are more prone to buying stuff and trying stuff as the post-launch software drought sets in, but the Switch hasn't had that so much (it feels like it's only now that we're hitting anything approaching a software drought, plus the settled BBoPs are picking up any slack).  I suspect the Games of the Generation have already been released, and we'll all find our own little personal favourites out there.

Also when Jay sees this he can de-sticky it, I think the rest of us have clocked in post-final results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next