We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 20:07

Nah never bought lootboxes either though I was mighty close to getting the Rocket League ones until someone on twitter told the special/holiday events they do give you free key drops for them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:26

masofdas wrote:
The winning lottery numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42

Nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 17:09

I did read the opening post Balla as after all, the rules are there to facilitate the fun. Smile

This thread also successfully convinced me to take the plunge on Celeste, so there's that as well.

Here's my top 10 for those that care:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:39

Cheers Jay! Smile And with that I really do think we can de-sticky this thread. Sounds like it's been a good one though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 16:37

DoPo: Nintendo's results for the same vote are out, and without giving the whole lot, the following happened:

Top Ten:
10. Rocket League
9. Sonic Mania
8. Stardew Valley
7. ARMS
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
4. Splatoon 2
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Super Mario Odyssey
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Top Five Downloadables-Only:
15. Celeste
13. Snipperclips – Cut It Out, Together!
10. Rocket League
9. Sonic Mania
8. Stardew Valley

Allowing you to put together the top multiplayer games. Obviously we have better taste, but I'm happy to see XC2 placing high up, and less happy to see Celeste taking an almighty hit. Nobody, absolutely nobody, voted for Stardew in our vote.

I'm doing another one of these over on Scullion's Discord, for comparison. Apparently I cannot get enough of punishment. Or Excel spreadsheets.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 17:42

Excel is the best calculator some of us will ever have. I adore it. Love

As for Nintendo’s poll result, it’s very clear to see that more different kinds of gamers than us took part. It’s nice to see that we have the same estimation of Rocket League as the wider gaming populace, though. And on Celeste - well, it’s not going to have the same appeal to all of Nintendo’s customers as it is to us. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to my 8-year-old nephew, for example. Taking that and its comparative novelty into account, I’d say it’s a bit of a triumph.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 23:13

Its also still new, if it wasn't for everyone in the forum recommending it to one another I don't think it will have been played as much and so chart in a similar position.

Stardew Valley is universally loved I understand too and can imagine it works really well on the Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 7:02

I'd say it won't assuming they've still not put any work into it to make it not feel like a PC game. Cursors in console games are one of my biggest pet peeves...

(It's also an ugly, charmless game that doesn't *get* the magic of the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games and only got its attention because those games are confined to Nintendo platforms and it released on PC, capitalising on nostalgia - go play Rune Factory 4 instead)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:47

Pretty sure I've played Harvest Moon/Rune Factory on PlayStations.

I own Stardew on Switch but yet to play it and with a Harvest Moon coming and that Dragon Cafe game, I don't know if I will actually play it. I said the other day and I'll say again we need STEAM like refund/return policy.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:17

PS3 received the barely a farming game - RF Oceans, otherwise you'd have to go back to PS2/P. 3DS received HM, RF & Story of Seasons titles and I would therefore say they are currently just on Nintendo consoles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:19

You didn't say current though and isn't the latest Harvest Moon also coming to PS4.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:24

I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about the time Stardew Valley was released. I didn't say they have always and will always be solely Nintendo mas...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:38

I guess just none of the current 3 consoles have had one, that I was thinking along the lines of all generations.

Also isn't Harvest Moon not Harvest Moon anymore but the other one on 3DS is.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:12

Also did this on Scullion's discord: looks much closer to the overall consensus than it does ours, with a couple of indies sneaking into the bottom slots.

10. =Steamworld Dig 2/Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (2 voters and 12 points each)
9.  Celeste (13 points, 2 voters)
8. Rocket League (14 points, 5 voters)
7. Sonic Mania (18 points, 4 voters)
6. ARMS (21 points, 4 voters)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (27 points, 4 voters)
4. Spla2n (36 points, 6 voters)
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (48 points, 7 voters)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (82 points, 9 voters)
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (86 points, 9 voters)

Andy will be happy to see no Stardew there either, although it did get two votes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:22

I’m sure some folks will say that result is better than ours! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:26

Theirs had the correct winner...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:34

What nice friends Mr. Scullion has Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:56

The 10th person couldn't make and wasn't going to vote for BotW what I hear
Tingle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySat 2 Mar 2019 - 17:54

Tomorrow the Switch will be two.  Nobody wants a vote about that, not even me; but I'm wondering if anybody else is curious as to how their top tens have changed over the course of the last year?  It was meant to be a pretty dry one, but still had some great Switch games for most people not named Mas I'd reckon!  And, potentially more excitedly: care to take a guess at how your list will change over the next year, based on currently announced games?

My thoughts now and guesses for the future:

After Year OneAfter Year TwoAfter Year Three?
1Breath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the Wild
2Super Mario OdysseySuper Mario OdysseySuper Mario Odyssey
3CelesteCelesteCeleste
4Xenoblade 2Xenoblade 2Luigi's Mansion 3
5Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSmash Bros. UltimateXenoblade 2
6SeveredHollow KnightSmash Bros. Ultimate
7Jackbox Party Pack 3Jackbox Party Pack 3Link's Awakening
8Rocket LeagueMario Kart 8 DeluxeDaemon x Machina
9The Sexy BrutalePokémon Let's GoHollow Knight
10Night in the WoodsRocket LeaguePokémon Sword/Shield

This last year, my favourite new Switch game was built mostly on its previous non-Switch iterations, so it's not challenging my top four although it's splendid.  This combined with eight-player Quiplash still getting rolled out also means I've plugged JPP3 above MK8D.  Hollow Knight and Let's Go round out the set.  I've all but forgotten Severed. Sad It's still good though.

I can't see my top three changing for a long time, but I'm hopeful that LM3 will be an LM2-level belter, and I'm crossing my fingers that DxM is excellent (for me, flying robots Love ) too.  Pokémon and Zelda are the other changes, although hopefully E3 will turn that list on its head!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptySat 2 Mar 2019 - 19:00

I said elsewhere after it was brought up about my scoring that I should have maybe just ranked my Top 10 or whatever and you've kindly given me that excuse Balla to do that.

Year One
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Oxenfree
3. SteamWorld Dig 2
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. L.A. Noire
6. Night in the Woods
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Subsurface Circular
9. Rime
10. Splatoon 2

That's a rather strange Top 10 looking back on it but I think at the time I must have been playing L.A. Noire for instance and I hadn't played the single player of Splatoon 2.

Year Two
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. GRIS
3. Oxenfree
4. SteamWorld Dig 2
5. Splatoon 2
6. Fire Emblem Warriors
7. Night in the Woods
8. Subsurface Circular
9. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
10. Rime

Some changes to mine with Splatoon 2 having a decent jump as I actually played the single player and some of the expansion.

Year Three Prediction
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Astral Chain
3. Super Mario Odyessy
4. Animal Crossing
5. GRIS
6. Pokemon Sword/Shield
7. Oxenfree
8. SteamWorld Dig 2
9. Splatoon 2
10. Fire Emblem Warriors

A lot of changes for me but Fire Emblem Awakening is my favourite 3DS game and can see the Switches FE game being that as well.

If Astral Chain is like the Platinum games we know and love then why wouldn't it be that high.

Animal Crossing on GameCube and 3DS were great and now with hopefully better online, we can get a real connected world.

Pokemon is well Pokemon and sure it looks more of the same but that isn't always a bad thing.

Three more games did come to mind
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition, can see it coming out at the wrong time like with the PS4 version that I never pick it up or I do but never give it enough time.
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, I'm not big on 2D Zelda but am looking forward to it due to it being a traditional Zelda game.
Luigi’s Mansion 3, I can't see past it being a very good 8/10 sort of game but I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 21:08

My top ten on March 3rd 2018 was:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Sonic Mania
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Breath of the Wild
5. ARMS
6. Rocket League
7. Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
8. Splatoon 2
9. SteamWorld Dig 2
10. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

My top ten on March 3rd 2019 was:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Sonic Mania Plus
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Breath of the Wild
6. ARMS
7. Rocket League
8. Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2
9. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
10. Splatoon 2

...it's been a good year for the big man. Shifty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 21:16

Brave 2019 predictions from Mas!  I can't decide whether I'm excited or afeared for Astral Chain.  A more conservative take from Cappa, that fairly reflects the Nintendo games of 2018 nonetheless.

That said, we need some more people in this thread who put BotW and Celeste where they belong.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 21:31

I feel only Astral could let me down and I might build up Fire Emblem to much as that's like my big Switch hope. With Animal Crossing and Pokemon being safe bets that even if those four games (without the other three and TOWN which I forgot about) are remotely close to Top 10, it makes up for 2018 being a bit naff.

Hey, what can I say I've got the right emotional indie platformer in my Top 10 Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 21:49

Last year it was:

Spoiler:

Looking at it now there's definitely quite a bit of filler in there.

My top 10 as it stands now would have to be:

Spoiler:

So much tougher to choose a top 10 now, I'm a bit sad at the thought of any of those leaving the top 10. I think Celeste and Hollow Knight swap positions every other day, Mario + Rabbids is another that almost could have been higher after I enjoyed this year's DLC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 23:11

My list had a fair bit of filler in there, so it's looking a lot healthier now:

Last Year's Top 10:

Year 2 Top 10:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next