We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyWed 6 Mar 2019 - 21:03

That's more like it! I wouldn't call JPP3 'filler' though, it's a blinding multiplayer game.

Treesmurf wrote:
I think Celeste and Hollow Knight swap positions every other day

No fret, you've got them the right way around. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyThu 7 Mar 2019 - 2:32

Maybe so, but I don't think it's top 10 worthy! I've had lots of fun with it, mind. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:51

Yesterday marked the 3rd anniversary of the Nintendo Switch. Now I was keen to look back at some of our favourite Switch games and a general chat be it a Top 10 or whatever, not aa vote.

I'm not going to go into what I think of the Switch as a system, due to saying before what I think about it but am going to talk games.

My Year One Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Oxenfree
3. SteamWorld Dig 2
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. L.A. Noire
6. Night in the Woods
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Subsurface Circular
9. Rime
10. Splatoon 2

My Year Two Top 10
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. GRIS
3. Oxenfree
4. SteamWorld Dig 2
5. Splatoon 2
6. Fire Emblem Warriors
7. Night in the Woods
8. Subsurface Circular
9. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
10. Rime

Last year I did a Year Three Predicted Top 10 which looked like this
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2. Astral Chain
3. Super Mario Odyessy
4. Animal Crossing
5. GRIS
6. Pokemon Sword/Shield
7. Oxenfree
8. SteamWorld Dig 2
9. Splatoon 2
10. Fire Emblem Warriors

Where my actual Year Three Top 10 Switch Games
1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, easily the best game I've played on Switch and the latest DLC makes me want to go back and play again (Just it's still £35)
2. Super Mario Odyessy, finally knocked off its perch
3. GRIS
4. Oxenfree
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, I'm not a huge fan of putting remakes/masters in things like this but I feel this is different enough to warrant to be here
6. SteamWorld Dig 2
7. Splatoon 2
8. Fire Emblem Warriors
9. Night in the Woods
10. Subsurface Circular

Not whole of change, I looked back over the year and didn't look like a lot came out and games in my predictions Astral Chain I did not like, Animal Crossing was delayed and Pokemon SWiSH was fun but it's a 7/10 at best.

Could see me putting Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore in the Top 10 once I get going with that.

Let's Go dropped out of the Top 10 as it's not as good as SWiSH and I wouldn't put that in a Top 10, with the other being Rime which only really made it due being best of the rest of what I played.

I would have done a Top 10 Year Four Predictions, yet I can only think off Animal Crossing which could be a Top 10 game, unless I'm missing something that's announced.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 16:24

I can imagine Deadly Premonition 2 making it into some people's top 10, if it's anything like the first. No More Heroes 3 has the cult appeal too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 16:40

Yeah can see both even making mine, I just forgot about them, to be honest. The only game that really came to mind was Xenoblade HD which looks like it will be a decent enough remaster of an SD game but not much more from what was shown.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2020 - 19:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
My top ten on March 3rd 2018 was:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Sonic Mania
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Breath of the Wild
5. ARMS
6. Rocket League
7. Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
8. Splatoon 2
9. SteamWorld Dig 2
10. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

My top ten on March 3rd 2019 was:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Sonic Mania Plus
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Breath of the Wild
6. ARMS
7. Rocket League
8. Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2
9. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
10. Splatoon 2

...it's been a good year for the big man. Shifty

My top ten on March 3rd 2020 was:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Sonic Mania Plus
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Breath of the Wild
6. ARMS
7. Rocket League
8. Horizon Chase Turbo
9. Celeste
10. Splatoon 2

My top twenty would probably be stuffed with games from the last twelve months - Luigi's Mansion 3 might be in with a shout of this top ten once I finish it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySat 7 Mar 2020 - 15:35

Thanks for fetching this Mas!  Here's what I thought mine would look like this time last year.

Spoiler:

Here's what it actually looks like:

After Year OneAfter Year TwoAfter Year Three
1Breath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the Wild
2Super Mario OdysseySuper Mario OdysseySuper Mario Odyssey
3CelesteCelesteCeleste
4Xenoblade 2Xenoblade 2Untitled Goose Game
5Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSmash Bros. UltimateSmash Bros. Ultimate
6SeveredHollow KnightXenoblade 2
7Jackbox Party Pack 3Jackbox Party Pack 3A Hat in Time
8Rocket LeagueMario Kart 8 DeluxeLuigi's Mansion 3
9The Sexy BrutalePokémon Let's GoBaba Is You
10Night in the WoodsRocket LeagueJackbox Party Pack 3

Looking at that, it's obvious and unsurprising that I didn't predict the effect indies would have on that chart, which is now half indie games! Perhaps I should have got AHiT, given how Cappa and Jim had raved about it? I don't know. I was never predicting Baba Is You, or that I would love UGG as much as I did. I was also a bit let down by the retail games I thought would make a big splash, although in a couple of those cases I let myself down. While I can understand my overly lofty expectations around LM3, and it wasn't unreasonable to assume that Game Freak would output a finished game that I'd love almost as much as Sun/Moon, thinking I'd like a remake of a Game Boy Zelda more than Hollow Knight (say) suggests I didn't really know myself. DxM was a case of hope over experience, nothing more to see there.

Still, four new entrants. That's a decent haul. Cappa has two (including one Very Good Choice and another potential), Mas has two: safe to say the Switch's Big Year Three probably landed for me better than it did them!

As for 2020, like Mas I see not much at the moment. Nothing I'm playing right now is close to qualifying at this stage, and Nintendo really hasn't announced anything else to change my mind. Maybe Murder by Numbers? BotW2 surely if it lands, but I don't think it will any more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySat 7 Mar 2020 - 18:00

Yeah, year 3 was the one I sold my Switch Classic as like you say nothing landed even and I know for the year-end vote three of the five picks I played on other consoles just to make up the numbers.

One was was Sayonara Wild Hearts which I have also played on Switch for a bit not just Apple Arcade and I would say it's better than Subsurface Circular, that it's now my Number 10.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySun 8 Mar 2020 - 21:41

3 new entries from 2019 and Smash Bros also moves up ahead of Oddysey after playing a lot more of it over the year and I'm even more certain Breath of the Wild is my number one after returning to it last year. Sword and Shield move in at number 4, I can recognise it has its flaws but I've gotten caught up in the hype of it, it may move down next year once it's worn off or even the other way if the DLC is ace.

Goose Game is my number 8 after it charmed the heck out of me, a really unique game that I know is on other consoles now but really felt at home on the Switch. The last new game is Luigi's Mansion 3 at number 10, had a lot of fun with it, there's no disagreements that it looks great and it has some incredibly creative moments.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
3. Super Mario Oddysey
4. Pokémon Sword/Shield
5. Dragon Quest Builders
6. Celeste
7. Hollow Knight
8. Untitled Goose Game
9. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
10. Luigi's Mansion 3

Previous Top 10s:

As for next year's list it's a bit hard to predict until we have that Direct we're all waiting on, Animal Crossing is more than likely to get on the list and Builder 2 might displace the previous game when I finally get round to playing it properly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2020 - 14:37

I've not been tracking previous years but right now (as in this minute when I thought about it) this'd be my top 10 in order:

Breath of the Wild
Celeste
Link's Awakening
Hollow Knight
Fairune Collection
Towerfall
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Dragon's Dogma
River City Girls

Last edited by OrangeRakoon on Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 9:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2020 - 17:50

Alright, let's give this a bash. I expect LM3 will chart in here once I've finished it. I have unashamedly pinched Balla's table formatting from his post because bugger me if I have any idea how to make a table on here.  Laughing

Year 1Year 2Year 3
1Breath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the Wild
2Super Mario OdysseySuper Smash Bros. UltimateSuper Smash Bros. Ultimate
3Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSuper Mario OdysseyFire Emblem: Three Houses
4Monster Hunter XXHollow KnightSuper Mario Odyssey
5Dragonball Xenoverse 2CelesteHollow Knight
6Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom BattleMario Kart 8 DeluxeSayonara Wild Hearts
7Fire Emblem WarriorsMonster Hunter XXCeleste
8ARMSBayonettaMario Kart 8 Deluxe
9Blaster Master ZeroOctopath TravelerSlay the Spire
10Jackbox Party Pack 3WargrooveMonster Hunter XX
For 2020, the Xenoblade Chronicles remaster could end up charting. There's a solid chance for Animal Crossing to place too. Beyond that, it's all a mystery, much like Nintendo's 2020 lineup.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2020 - 20:30

I couldn't even figure out how to steal the format. Duh!

The more I see these top 10s the more intriguing a vote may have been (I'm not asking for one though, all too serious that). There's loads of variety in people's favourites.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2020 - 20:52

Balla can do some adding up much like the recent 3DS thing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2020 - 20:57

I'm sure Balla will be thrilled he's been volunteered to do it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2020 - 21:11

Balla can't be bothered. Laughing I think it takes a critical mass of people for it to feel worthwhile me doing the addings up.  We'll say that BotW is best and that should be good enough.

Bits I'm liking from other top tens are Smurf placing Goose Game, a very worthy entrant; OR having Celeste second, a very good call (assuming they're in order); and Jay stealing my table formatting.  Bits I'm raising an eyebrow over is anyone placing anything from last year over Celeste (apart from maybe FETH which I haven't played).

Also: I now have enough games to put together a top 25!

Spoiler:

At this stage, Murder by Numbers is nestling comfortably into a top ten spot next year!

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 10:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now with scores!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2020 - 21:53

Celeste isn't that great, just good
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2020 - 10:00

thatsbait.gif
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2020 - 11:12

I skimmed over Smurf saying he'd have been keen for a vote. More of this sort of thing! (I'm still not adding them up at this stage though.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2020 - 23:30

Balladeer wrote:
 Bits I'm raising an eyebrow over is anyone placing anything from last year over Celeste (apart from maybe FETH which I haven't played).

I really liked Sayonara Wild Hearts. I liked Celeste, but I think I've been on record here saying it didn't feel as special to me as some of the folks here made it out to be. Still bloody good, mind you.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySat 14 Mar 2020 - 16:12

I get this vibe that the earlier you played it the more someone enjoyed it, eventually all that high praise is gonna filter down to not living up to its very high levels of hype.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySat 14 Mar 2020 - 18:26

Well I've gone and done and out of the 6 of us we had 34 different games with a Top 10 looking like this

10th Sonic Mania Plus, Only game to be picked by one person
9th Untitled Goose Game
8th Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7th Link's Awakening
6th Hollow Knight
5th Fire Emblem Three Houses
4th Celeste

3rd Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 12 points behind 2nd

Then 3 points separated the top two with OR not voting for what is in second and myself not voting for what's in first

2nd Super Mario Odyssey, dam you OR WHY! isn't this in your Top 10 (7th would have been fine)?

1st Breath of the Wild

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:16

Fair play to Mas for putting that together! Lovely to see UGG placing, quite funny to see Link's Awakening over MK8D.

JayMoyles wrote:
I really liked Sayonara Wild Hearts. I liked Celeste, but I think I've been on record here saying it didn't feel as special to me as some of the folks here made it out to be. Still bloody good, mind you.

thatsbaitagain.gif

Am I the only person for whom SWH really dropped off in its later stages? Nobody else seems to have that opinion, but it was a bit of a gut punch after how strong the first half of the game was. (Nowhere near Celeste, but it might have beaten down LM3.)

Treesmurf wrote:
I get this vibe that the earlier you played it the more someone enjoyed it, eventually all that high praise is gonna filter down to not living up to its very high levels of hype.

I've actually been surprised, given how much I and others have sounded off about the game, how much it's defied 'the Gorogoa Effect'. People like Cappa have come in, played it, and gone, 'Yep fair, that's really good.' (Cappa probably wouldn't have put it quite like that.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 20:15

Cappa would have put it like 'JOHN WAYNE'S AN ARSEHOLE'
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 20:56

That sounds exactly like what you'd have said. Moving back to MK8D, the main reason it isn't in my current top 10 is that I mainly experienced it on Wii U, on merit alone it'd be in my top 10 but I want my list to be based on the Switch itself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 23:13

masofdas wrote:

1st Breath of the Wild

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 BOgVONLGOQGF2TMyy1CoRjsaW9DG9A4ARN5DUlXrHMGWlgFMzF9D5-Myaq5QJBbhBPkm90Q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Seventh-Year Games Lists on Page 12)
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next