Cruisin' Eastward

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)

Go down 
+8
EofGizmo
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 17:14

That's a belter of a post Balla! Poor DQXI though - does it truly deserve to be considered worse than freaking Vroom in the Night Sky? Laughing

Here's my Switch Year 4 update!

Year 1Year 2Year 3Year 4
1Breath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the Wild
2Super Mario OdysseySuper Smash Bros. UltimateSuper Smash Bros. UltimateSuper Smash Bros. Ultimate
3Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSuper Mario OdysseyFire Emblem: Three HousesFire Emblem: Three Houses
4Monster Hunter XXHollow KnightSuper Mario OdysseyXenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
5Dragonball Xenoverse 2CelesteHollow KnightSuper Mario Odyssey
6Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom BattleMario Kart 8 DeluxeSayonara Wild HeartsHollow Knight
7Fire Emblem WarriorsMonster Hunter XXCelesteCeleste
8ARMSBayonettaMario Kart 8 DeluxeMario Kart 8 Deluxe
9Blaster Master ZeroOctopath TravelerSlay the SpireSayonara Wild Hearts
10Jackbox Party Pack 3WargrooveMonster Hunter XXLuigi's Mansion 3
Tough to say how Year 5's table will look - I'd imagine barring any disaster that Rise will feature highly. I can see SM3DW taking one of the bottom spots of the top 10. Beyond that, who knows?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 20:52

DQXI was just so horribly disappointing.  It came highly recommended, opened up with a beautiful cinematic intro, dropped you into what looked and felt like an open world kinda thing, looked and sounded gorgeous... and then I scratched the surface, and found the festering remains of a series that hasn't refreshed itself in decades.

SWH took a bit of a tumble there - what happened?  That aside, not much of a year for the Moyles library either I see, bar Xenoblade.  (Play2play2play2play2.)

I'm trying to think of games that might make my top ten from this year and... I dunno.  I reckon it'd have to be another surprise indie gem that I don't even know exists at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 7:10

Monster Hunter will almost certainly make my Top Ten. Snap 2 might get a look in. Legends Arceus seems pretty certain. No More Heroes 3 will be great, maybe not Top Ten. Splatoon 3 is almost a guaranteed. Silksong is coming out, that's gonna be up there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 15:19

@Balladeer wrote:

SWH took a bit of a tumble there - what happened?  That aside, not much of a year for the Moyles library either I see, bar Xenoblade.  (Play2play2play2play2.)

I think recency bias was in effect when I ranked it last year - it's still great, but I don't look on it as fondly as MK8D or Celeste. And yeah, the only other new games I played on Switch last year would have been AC:NH and Among Us, both of which I'd imagine would have charted around the 11-15 range.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:48

Ah, fair enough. Not that you've ever been drastically influenced by recency bias before, but there's a first time for everything. Shifty

@Buskalilly wrote:
Monster Hunter will almost certainly make my Top Ten. Snap 2 might get a look in. Legends Arceus seems pretty certain. No More Heroes 3 will be great, maybe not Top Ten. Splatoon 3 is almost a guaranteed. Silksong is coming out, that's gonna be up there.

All of those feel like they're going to be really good (apart from Splatoon 3 which I won't play, and Legends Arceus which I don't think will release by March next year) but not quite top ten material for me, if that makes sense - not unless I get really into MHR, which is very possible...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 19:55

@Balladeer wrote:

It's very interesting to see your list change across the years.  Obviously it's slower than some, and I notice that each year after launch has had the one new title in your top four.  (Which is more than mine's changed!)  Particularly interesting that the biggest changes were in 2018, i.e. a slow year for most people.  I'm really keen to see happy optimistic Switch-loving Mas in 2021!

I know should be posting till March but just looking back at my list from year 4 and the games I list that I'm interested in, well some like Mario Golf won't make it and Rune Factory 5 might miss the deadline.

Yet, I have played a few things so far this year that I do think will end up in the Top 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10