I've got 99 problems but a temporarily available simultaneous multiplayer videogame ain't one.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 17:14

That's a belter of a post Balla! Poor DQXI though - does it truly deserve to be considered worse than freaking Vroom in the Night Sky? Laughing

Here's my Switch Year 4 update!

Year 1Year 2Year 3Year 4
1Breath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the WildBreath of the Wild
2Super Mario OdysseySuper Smash Bros. UltimateSuper Smash Bros. UltimateSuper Smash Bros. Ultimate
3Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSuper Mario OdysseyFire Emblem: Three HousesFire Emblem: Three Houses
4Monster Hunter XXHollow KnightSuper Mario OdysseyXenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
5Dragonball Xenoverse 2CelesteHollow KnightSuper Mario Odyssey
6Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom BattleMario Kart 8 DeluxeSayonara Wild HeartsHollow Knight
7Fire Emblem WarriorsMonster Hunter XXCelesteCeleste
8ARMSBayonettaMario Kart 8 DeluxeMario Kart 8 Deluxe
9Blaster Master ZeroOctopath TravelerSlay the SpireSayonara Wild Hearts
10Jackbox Party Pack 3WargrooveMonster Hunter XXLuigi's Mansion 3
Tough to say how Year 5's table will look - I'd imagine barring any disaster that Rise will feature highly. I can see SM3DW taking one of the bottom spots of the top 10. Beyond that, who knows?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 20:52

DQXI was just so horribly disappointing.  It came highly recommended, opened up with a beautiful cinematic intro, dropped you into what looked and felt like an open world kinda thing, looked and sounded gorgeous... and then I scratched the surface, and found the festering remains of a series that hasn't refreshed itself in decades.

SWH took a bit of a tumble there - what happened?  That aside, not much of a year for the Moyles library either I see, bar Xenoblade.  (Play2play2play2play2.)

I'm trying to think of games that might make my top ten from this year and... I dunno.  I reckon it'd have to be another surprise indie gem that I don't even know exists at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 7:10

Monster Hunter will almost certainly make my Top Ten. Snap 2 might get a look in. Legends Arceus seems pretty certain. No More Heroes 3 will be great, maybe not Top Ten. Splatoon 3 is almost a guaranteed. Silksong is coming out, that's gonna be up there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 15:19

@Balladeer wrote:

SWH took a bit of a tumble there - what happened?  That aside, not much of a year for the Moyles library either I see, bar Xenoblade.  (Play2play2play2play2.)

I think recency bias was in effect when I ranked it last year - it's still great, but I don't look on it as fondly as MK8D or Celeste. And yeah, the only other new games I played on Switch last year would have been AC:NH and Among Us, both of which I'd imagine would have charted around the 11-15 range.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:48

Ah, fair enough. Not that you've ever been drastically influenced by recency bias before, but there's a first time for everything. Shifty

@Buskalilly wrote:
Monster Hunter will almost certainly make my Top Ten. Snap 2 might get a look in. Legends Arceus seems pretty certain. No More Heroes 3 will be great, maybe not Top Ten. Splatoon 3 is almost a guaranteed. Silksong is coming out, that's gonna be up there.

All of those feel like they're going to be really good (apart from Splatoon 3 which I won't play, and Legends Arceus which I don't think will release by March next year) but not quite top ten material for me, if that makes sense - not unless I get really into MHR, which is very possible...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)   One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Year of the Switch Voting Thread (Fourth-Year Games Lists on Page 9)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10